Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Renfrow: The legend, he will be missed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Renfrow: The legend, he will be missed

Apr 7, 2019, 1:26 AM

TLDR: The future is bright for him and Clemson football. Renfrow is clutch, a legend and will be missed.

This year we have the most explosive and even overall best offense in the nation. Most have no concerns or doubt about our offensive stature. However, there will be a change this year on offense that will be noticeable. This year we won't have Hunter Renfrow. It might be something that has crossed many minds of the Clemson faithful fan base. He is indeed legendary and it didn't even start in the 2016 Natty or even in the the 2015 playoffs where he and Watson shredded Bama in both games. Many will associate HR#13 with the catch from Watson, touchdown! End zone (ball flip).

He is the epitome of hard work, class, dedication and a focus on the craft of being a WR. How many drops did Renfrow have his entire career? What about 3rd and long catches? Or running routes to a precision that even taller, faster, stronger *5 star receivers coming in had to take notice? Not only take notice but a take a place behind Renfrow. Sure Dabo & Co. will fill the position, but even Dabo said himself on the R. Eison show recently that Renfrow will be a steal in the draft.

He was clutch, he was legendary. He will be missed, but he has a very bright future ahead of him. What a great Clemson ambassador he has been and will continue to be going forward.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Renfrow: The legend, he will be missed

Apr 7, 2019, 9:35 AM

If there is one obvious and undeniable tendency that we have had for the last few years, it is that on third down passing situations the ball was going to Hunter Renfrow.

The TV commentators knew it. Everyone in the stands knew it. And the opposing teams knew it. And still they couldn't stop it.

He made a ton of amazing catches; so many that we just came to expect him to catch them all. And he pretty much did.

Would love to have him back for another 17 years. But all good things must come to an end.

Thanks for the memories Hunter Renfrow.

Apr 7, 2019, 9:39 AM

That catch he had against Syracuse was unbelievable. He obviously has many memorable catches during his Clemson career but I think the one in the Syracuse game tops the list for me.

Apr 7, 2019, 10:16 AM

The times that I would just sit slack-jawed in amazement at his catches is beyond belief. Then the reality would hit me, and I would burst into laughter at how he made incredible catches look so easy. That's just Renfrow being Renfrow. There is none that compares.

Bama took pride in "shutting down" Renfrow...

Apr 7, 2019, 10:42 AM

...but the dummies don't understand that Renfrow was so much in their heads that Renfrow did his job as a decoy so we could carve Bama up. Renfrow was such a valuable chess piece in the CFP natty and it went according to plan.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic