Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama got 'played' into the worst off-season ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,856

Bama got 'played' into the worst off-season ever

Jul 21, 2019, 11:15 AM

The media owns both sides of a story...we all know it...don't have to like it. Bama fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

Never did Bama think the media would turn on them...they're Bama...and the media 'washes their feet' daily...until.

Bama didn't realize the media was courting them...with a wandering eye, because, $$ talks. Fragile egos make for juicy prey...and Bama/Nick and minions are among the most fragile of egos. Worst for them, they're so fixated on their 'image/process', they never challenge themselves. Contrast that with Dabo/Clemson, who write their own lyrics/music/marches/dances...and don't care if the whole world watches. What lies ahead is the goal...the past is comprised of memories, good and less good.

We were all raised, not that we listened, that anger/revenge is not a fuel for success. Yes, you can learn from failure, but don't pretend it's ever welcome...just move on. It's not welcome...it is a teaching moment, but the windshield view is the one that matters, not the rear view mirror. Yet, what are the motivators for Bama's upcoming season...anger and revenge.

My belief is Bama has wasted seven months and completely missed the value of the lesson that could have been learned. And, they've morphed into a laughing stock. Schedule aside, I won't be the least bit surprised they miss the CFP...I won't.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's all about 15-0.The greatest college season of all time.

Jul 21, 2019, 11:34 AM

.....at least since players started wearing football helmets.

Bama wasn't the first team to ever get there, Clemson was. In their minds, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THEM. But it wasn't. And there's nothing they can do to ever change that.

Until the rules change and time comes that someone can go 16-0, they can only match what has already been done.

There's one team in the history of modern football that last year's Clemson team can look up to. The 1972 17-0 Miami Dolphins. That's it. Nobody else has ever been 15-0.

And that absolutely drives Bama fans to the brink of madness.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama got 'played' into the worst off-season ever

Jul 21, 2019, 11:49 AM

Agree with OP on the perception of Bama. Hurts had CU hoisting the 2017 trophy as screensaver on phone and only comment I have seen was that he used as motivation. Seems different from the attitude of UA players today with their excuses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jalen Hurts had Clemson character...

Jul 21, 2019, 11:57 AM

He is one of the closest Tide players to resemble the culture Dabo has nurtured here. Another player, I believe it was Jonathan Allen, could be wrong, who was asked after the Tampa Natty about the final touchdown play and he said, 'It's football...period." No excuses.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me this sad narrative that's developed, with homer

Jul 21, 2019, 11:55 AM

media enablers, has amped up the pressure on everyone at Alabama this season like no other program prior. Now that a litany of excuses is being paraded out, from within and without, that's just all the more scrutiny on all aspects of their team. The media coverage and analysis on Bama this season, Saban and Tua in particular, will be relentless. For Clemson? Not so much.

Don't be shocked to see Alabama wind up on the wrong side of the scoreboard a few times this season. I don't know that the support structure from Saban and staff is strong enough to overcome the load they are carrying into 2019.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama got 'played' into the worst off-season ever

Jul 21, 2019, 12:28 PM

Salty55 said:

The media owns both sides of a story...we all know it...don't have to like it. Bama fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

Never did Bama think the media would turn on them...they're Bama...and the media 'washes their feet' daily...until.

Bama didn't realize the media was courting them...with a wandering eye, because, $$ talks. Fragile egos make for juicy prey...and Bama/Nick and minions are among the most fragile of egos. Worst for them, they're so fixated on their 'image/process', they never challenge themselves. Contrast that with Dabo/Clemson, who write their own lyrics/music/marches/dances...and don't care if the whole world watches. What lies ahead is the goal...the past is comprised of memories, good and less good.

We were all raised, not that we listened, that anger/revenge is not a fuel for success. Yes, you can learn from failure, but don't pretend it's ever welcome...just move on. It's not welcome...it is a teaching moment, but the windshield view is the one that matters, not the rear view mirror. Yet, what are the motivators for Bama's upcoming season...anger and revenge.

My belief is Bama has wasted seven months and completely missed the value of the lesson that could have been learned. And, they've morphed into a laughing stock. Schedule aside, I won't be the least bit surprised they miss the CFP...I won't.

All the pressure is on Bama because of the media hype. I agree with the Op, the lesson that should have been learned "wasn't"!
The arrogance shown by them and most SEC-ond fans won't allow it. In short, "no need to get better as it was us not anything the other team did". They fall for and just continue making the same mistakes.
Be great if the Tigers taught more lessons this season.
I also agree, Bama might not get there. Not with the approach, they seem to be taking. But, they are in a conference of "Stockholm Syndrome Teams"!
Bama has beaten all them to the point they are like the dog that puts it's tail between it's legs. And cower away "helpless"! Their schedule won't help them get better. Their
arrogance will catch up with them "again"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,856
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic