Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama fan again...here we go again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Bama fan again...here we go again

Dec 3, 2017, 2:54 PM

####, is this just the new thing....Clemson Bama every year? Congrats on making it in. Regarding our placement, I'm torn. We looked like crap vs auburn, but at the same time couldn't get over the 2 last Ohio (particularly the Iowa whipping). In all honesty based on the numbers, USC should have been in. But whatever, I'll enjoy this gift horse.

Hoping for another great game with no injuries. Obviously want my guys to win, but unless our lines are healthy, it won't even be a close game. I give us 50/50 if we're healthy, kinda like last year.

With all that said, I think Oklahoma pulls it out this year. Not sure if you guys have watched them, but Baker Mayfield......he's just so #### good.

In any event, I'll see you guys again, this time in New Orleans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama fan again...here we go again

Dec 3, 2017, 2:57 PM

Baker is good but honestly I think you guys or us could beat them pretty handily. They don’t play D and he won’t have near the time to throw it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2017, 3:01 PM

I agree with you. Bama should not even sniff the playoffs. You beat no one with a pulse and had a cream puff schedule. Sorry, I, along with the rest of the nation, am tired of the SEC bias. Maybe all teams should weaken their schedule like Bama did since strength of schedule seemingly means nothing anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2017, 3:04 PM

2000 keeping it 100

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2017, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama fan again...here we go again ]

Meh

Dec 3, 2017, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama fan again...here we go again ]

To be fair, Alabama's schedule coming into the year was better on paper than Osu's. FSU was preseason #4, Oklahoma was ranked lower than that. Not Bama's fault they knocked Francois out of the game and FSU collapsed.

Point is, they didn't intentionally schedule weak non-conference teams like Wisconsin did.

Message was edited by: Tmax

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2017, 6:18 PM

Seminoles ranking was way too high prior to season and I don’t think they would have been much better if frenchie didn’t get hurt.I figure Jimbo knew after this season they weren’t gonna be very good next year.But like Ala they will be rated high in next years pre season polls which will make all their opponents look like they played a good team

Dec 3, 2017, 2:59 PM

Should be another good one although both teams are different from the past. See you in Nola

SC lost to ND 49-14.***

Dec 3, 2017, 3:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe our two teams are a league above the others.

Dec 3, 2017, 3:04 PM

And I think UGA is #3 and will handle OU. Baker and his weapons are great, but i feel like the old OU and “Big Game Bob” will come out on January 1 despite him not being there anymore. Also, I trust UGA’s physical nature over OU’s gimmicks.

Anyway, we got what we all wished for: a rubber match. Good luck to your team and whatever the outcome, it’s been a great year for both teams. I’d hate to get so laser focused on winning the title or bust, so I’m encouraging other Tiger fans to appreciate these moments. I mean just look at Tennessee, Florida and Florida State! Good luck and see you in NOLA! Should be a fine environment for football with a great crowd!

Dec 3, 2017, 3:12 PM

How did Baker Mayfirld find this site???

Dec 3, 2017, 3:14 PM

Remember how good Bama looked against Mercer??? Mercer would be considered a “shutdown D” in the Big12.

Dec 3, 2017, 3:23 PM

I would be embarrassed if Dabo went on TV crying like a little child on why his team should get in . I never heard so much crying last night it interrupted our championship trophy presentation . Little nicky is a crybaby . Remember when he said absolutely no team should get in if they didn't win their conference .,

Get ready Tigers for Cheap Shot alerbamer , Tried to take Deshawn out ,. only way they can win . Hope we get good referees that watch the cheap shots ., dirty play .

Dec 3, 2017, 5:12 PM

I'll try and sleep tonight, somehow, despite my having a cry baby coach. Hopefully there are no cheap shots or injuries, dirty play, and I ABSOLUTELY welcome consistent and competent referees. I would welcome that gladly.

I hope you find a place to direct your anger.

Dec 3, 2017, 5:39 PM

Saban did what any coach would do. He believes in his team, and rightfully so. Kinda got the feel that was a veiled shot at the so called "pick play" from last year. Yeah, not what happened at all. Bama tackled the outside receiver as much as he picked anyone. Ya'll really need to get over that.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:11 PM

Sorry it came off that way, it was honestly not in reference to last year. It was 100% in receive to the games I've watched this year amongst the different conferences....the refs have been hot garbage in nearly every conference.

One would think that with this multi million dollar industry we could afford better driving and ensure consequences for ridiculously missed calls.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:20 PM

Corrected the typos

Sorry it came off that way, it was honestly not in reference to last year. It was 100% in reference to the games I've watched this year amongst the different conferences....the refs have been hot garbage in nearly every conference.

One would think that with this multi million dollar industry we could afford better reffing and ensure consequences for ridiculously missed calls, especially those that weren't all that subjective.

Dec 4, 2017, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama fan again...here we go again ]

Btw, he never said that. Here are facts, either in video form or the quotes.

https://youtu.be/UrcnVsBqlZ0

Dec 3, 2017, 5:17 PM

I think the 4 BEST teams are in.
OK vs UGA will be a shootout.
Our game not as high scoring but it will be a battle.
Good luck.

Dec 3, 2017, 5:26 PM

I've watched Clemson play this year and will the first to say that I expected a huge drop off after Watson left. Dabo has/is putting Clemson into the position to be a perennial power house.

I will obviously pull for Bama, but if I had to place a bet couldn't do it with 100% confidence.

Dec 3, 2017, 5:38 PM

Honestly most people in here thought this was a rebuilding year too.
By some analysts say we have BOTH the #1 (QB Trevor Lawrence) AND #2 (DE Xavier Lawrence) high school recruit coming to Clemson next year. We have a small class coming in again because we only have 6 seniors on scholarship. I hope to be around for a while.

y'all gonna wish OSU got that playoff spot***

Dec 3, 2017, 5:18 PM

Re: y'all gonna wish OSU got that playoff spot***

Dec 3, 2017, 5:27 PM

I think so too, if we spank them bad and I think we will, Alabama will be looked at as a team that once was great and now is a cupcake who schedules lesser cupcakes to bully. Once that sinks in they will have to fight and claw their way into a recruits mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2017, 6:23 PM [ in reply to y'all gonna wish OSU got that playoff spot*** ]

Meh, possibly. This could be the beginning of the end for us. Hell, maybe it was last year.

Either way, I'll support my team, talk football with the more level headed people on this site, and if necessary wait another 20+ years for a title like we did since 92 before the recent streak.

Dec 3, 2017, 7:29 PM

Good attitude. This is a difficult game for both teams. Top defense. QB pass play erratic at times. But like most games it'll be down to who wins at the line and who can protect the ball. I see it as 50/50. Would have rather played Uga. Oklahoma, not so much.

Dec 3, 2017, 5:27 PM

I agree, Really looking forward to the game. Would be nice to make it regular season every so many years. As far as Oklahoma is concerned. I don't think Georgia will have a hard time with them. Oklahoma's d is going to get tested big time. Don't think they ready.

Awww how cute, a Bama troll.

Dec 3, 2017, 5:28 PM

That didn't take long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Awww how cute, a Bama troll.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:19 PM

Bless your heart.

Look back through my post over the last couple of years. If congratulating you guys on wins and talking football is trolling, then I'm guilty.

For some reason or other this year, you kids are pretty darn salty.

It's just a few - ignore them - we all do.***

Dec 3, 2017, 6:42 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I'm delighted you guys made the cut.

Dec 3, 2017, 5:47 PM

If you don't believe me check my post before the rankings came out.

1. Clemson has the opportunity to beat four SEC teams this season if UGA can win.

2. Clemson has the opportunity to rip SEC fans hearts out through their rumps by sending two more SEC teams to the graveyard. Remember, AU never crossed our goal line.

3. We can help usher in Nick's retirement party.

4. We won't need to win our conference to make playoffs anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm delighted you guys made the cut.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:33 PM

Has any conference ever beaten that many OOC opponents in the same year? That's would have to be some kind of record.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:18 PM

Mayfield is now and will always be scared of that paw! We’ll destroy “ oh you?” They have never beaten us. But I have always enjoyed the Bama fans on here. Looking for your best.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 3, 2017, 6:29 PM

Truth be known - teams outside the southeastern region of the country aren't prepared for the physicality of the contest. Clemson and Bama will be a hard fought physical contest - just like the last few times. UGA's D is going to manhandle the Sooners and Maker Gayfield. Just like we did the last two times we played OU. Clemson and Georgia will be a hard fought physical contest. This is what the BIG and Big 12 don't get about "us". They aren't nearly as physical on D and as Clemson has proven once again this year, defense wins championships.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama fan again...here we go again ]

I know ou hasn't faced any defense this year, but man, Baker has looked incredible. They are truly clicking in all phases of offense.

If I had to bet, I'd say ou should have the best odds of winning, not due to balance, but due to the incredible offense. But I could be wrong and a punch in the mouth from Georgia shuts them up.

Like I said earlier, this is not the same Bama that's played the last few years, so now than anything else, I hope they play a solid game and this isn't an embarrassment like our auburn game.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:43 PM

I kinda wish Wisconsin would have got the 4th spot. Not because I think they might be an easier opponent, but when it comes to Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia, and even Ohio State, we've already proved we can beat these teams. Even in dominating fashion to. Just wanted to play someone new. Have a good friend who is all Alabama, but is still a good guy anyway. Welcome and good luck!

Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 AM

> I kinda wish Wisconsin would have got the 4th spot.
> Not because I think they might be an easier opponent,
> but when it comes to Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia, and
> even Ohio State, we've already proved we can beat
> these teams. Even in dominating fashion to. Just
> wanted to play someone new. Have a good friend who is
> all Alabama, but is still a good guy anyway. Welcome
> and good luck!

The one team we have not dominated on the scoreboard is Alabama so I am glad we are playing them this year. We have all to gain by beating them (if we do) we kind of take over their spot at the top. I do think they should have had to play Uga first but we all know they want a Uga vs bama national championship game. The game with bama will be physical for both teams so that kind of punishes both teams for the next week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2017, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama fan again...here we go again ]

True Bama is a step off this year, but Saban is truly a great coach and will have the team up. This is where Bama and Clemson are now and Miami is not -yet. Playoffs and bowl games bring out a different team.

The responses to this post are cringe worthy.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:27 PM

I appreciate you coming here to chat about two great football programs. Thanks for being civil and the best of luck to you guys on 1/1/18. Should be another instant classic!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The responses to this post are cringe worthy.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:31 PM

Correct Tnet has changed over the years.
Most time I come in here with one eye closed in fear if what I Might read.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:31 PM [ in reply to The responses to this post are cringe worthy. ]

X2!

Dec 3, 2017, 6:31 PM [ in reply to The responses to this post are cringe worthy. ]

X2!

Dec 3, 2017, 6:38 PM

I'm glad to talk football. And I do my best to remove crimson colored glasses when discussing it. Case in point, if Ohio had gotten in today, I wouldn't have been angry. It would have made sense. Hell, the argument for USC to make it over both Bama and Ohio was pretty solid.

Like I've said in this thread, I can hope, but don't expect Bama to win the championship.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:41 PM [ in reply to The responses to this post are cringe worthy. ]

Can't agree with instant classic. I feel like my guys are not playing well at all the latter half of the season, versus Clemson who, since the bye week and healing time for Bryant, have played better and better. The closest call was really NC State, who for years was THE spoiler team for hires and dreams in the ACC.

I just want my guys to play well and not look like that display vs auburn.

good post tattoo guy- favor please

Dec 3, 2017, 6:39 PM

Next time you tee it up with the chickens- how about a beat down of epic proportions??

No worries- they’ll still love you. You are all they have

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good post tattoo guy- favor please

Dec 3, 2017, 7:03 PM

Ha! I'll talk to Coach Saban and see what I can do. I'd like to see our conference improve across the board. Georgia shows promise, Tennessee is.....well, calling it a dumpster fire would be an insult to dumpster fires. Florida has been bad since urban left.

I think the ACC will start having some pains with jimbo leaving. Richt should bring Miami back to being a solid 10 win team each year, but after that the drop off is substantial.

Dec 3, 2017, 6:41 PM

Thanks for your friendly visit. Good luck.

Don't pay any attention to some of our 'angry' fans/ posters. They're outliers !

Here's hoping the PAW rules!! :)

Happy Holidays

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic