Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BV
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

BV

Nov 27, 2018, 9:57 AM

Let me preface this by saying I’m a glass half full guy and I love BV, but he may go. If he’s gonna ever be a HC this is the perfect opportunity. Low expectations but a great professional challenge with a high ceiling....and Hocutt will pull heavy for him. If he gives it a shot, more power too him. One thing about Clemson and his relationship with Dabo....BV knows Jake will be taken care of and get a very fair shake if BV decides to dip his toe into the head coaching world. Heck his family would likely even stay here and split time between here and Lubbock. BV and family do have it great here. So great they’d likely trust Dabo and staff with their son.

I hope he stays. I don’t think his intensity will lend to success as a HC. I hope he stays because he’s the best coordinator in football and we are very fortunate to have him on staff. I hope he stays because he brings so much to our program in many aspects.

All being said, you can’t fault someone for taking a calculated professional risk and IF he goes I hope he does fantastic at TTU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BV

Nov 27, 2018, 9:59 AM

And by the way...we will be just fine if he goes. Clemson is a prime opportunity for the next BV or Bud Foster.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 10:07 AM

Maybe you missed where he said he was happy, he was staying and he didn’t want to leave?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, he sold his son on the dream

Nov 27, 2018, 10:11 AM

,wouldn't be a good Dad if he didn't see it thru'

Do people like the OP not know ? If so I understand. Otherwise they're just posting chit

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: BV ]

True. But reports are that he will have an interview with TTU. It may not amount to him leaving Clemson, but he didn't turn down the interview. At least that is what I understand from Tigernet.

But I agree that everyone at Clemson would love to have BV has our D coordinator for many, many years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV and Hocutt are good friends

Nov 27, 2018, 10:31 AM

Brent's probably doing the interview out of respect for his friend.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: BV ]

TigerNet is becoming equivalent to CNN . I don’t know what happened but they’ve decided to become pot stirrers. As a paying member , I’d suggest they stop or I won’t be a paying member much longer.

He said all the right things not to be a distraction

Nov 27, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: BV ]

Doesnt mean he wont be gone at the end of the year.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:30 AM

Coaches typically say they are not interested, etc. for a number of reasons. They could be posturing to get a better deal, or be sincere as I believe BV is. But once interviewed and a nice offer on the table, things can change.

I think this will be a true test for BV staying or leaving. I would speculate it's a 60% chance he stays, and if he does stay, I think we can count on him being here for a long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 10:40 AM

I don't believe Lubbock is the town, nor is now the time, if he ever does want to not be the Brent that he presently loves to be. That is once he no longer desires being a DC and decides to pursue being a head coach. Right now he is coaching his son as the Clemson DC and I don't think he hangs that up. Just my opinion.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:44 AM

Why even waste the time to discuss this. BV made it perfectly clear, "I'm not considering a move!" How much clearer does it need to be? Really. Find something material to discuss. Thank you. Go Tigers. Beat Pitt!

Nov 27, 2018, 10:52 AM

Gah people on here worry to much, they'll believe some random stiff over the horses mouth. BV IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON! HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND?!?!!?

Nov 27, 2018, 11:32 AM

Not stirring chit, just sharing an opinion that as a true fan I support whatever he decides to do, I feel like the program would be just fine if he does go, and they I don’t think it’s a done deal he won’t leave this year.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic