Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BS Auburn/SEC rule - allowing recruits at Georgia Dome
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

BS Auburn/SEC rule - allowing recruits at Georgia Dome

Aug 29, 2012, 6:37 AM

I'm sure most have read this. But I do not think this is fair at all. I dont know if we are the home team or not. I thought that Clemson was the home team but it appears that Auburn is the home team and are thus allowed to bring in recruits to this game. So Mont Adams and others will be on the Auburn sideline for this game against us.

Man, I hope we just kill em now. If Adams wants to be on that sideline that is fine. Hope he looks over onto tha field and sees Clemson just beating Auburn like a red headed step child.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/08/29/insider-auburn-will-take-advantage-of-new-sec-rule-to-entertain-recruits-at-georgia-dome/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

I dont know how to do the links but its another wonderful article by the AJC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't understand how they can do this?

Aug 29, 2012, 6:46 AM

its a neutral site game. we should be able to bring recruits as well.

you may if the ACC lets you....

Aug 29, 2012, 8:00 AM

i would assume that the NCAA rule allows recruits to neutral games. the conference rule may specify home team. but as the visitor, clemson gets to call the coin toss so you have that going for you.

Looking at it on face value, of course it seems patently

Aug 29, 2012, 6:46 AM

unfair, although the "home" school would disagree. The basic question then becomes: who decides which team is the home team? Apparently, the schools must not consider this much of an issue, but, then again, to me this is another example of a lack of foresight by the NCAA in the spirit of fairness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking at it on face value, of course it seems patently

Aug 29, 2012, 7:34 AM

I agree. If your team isn't selected the home team then you are screwed. I dont know what thought goes into selecting a home team for a game such as this but I would much prefer to have Mont Adams on our side of the field.

I hate to keep posting slurs against the NCAA, but I've

Aug 29, 2012, 8:02 AM

seen a trend over the years with the NCAA allowing athletics in general to get out-of-hand due to both a lack of leadership and foresight. The proof is in the mess the NCAA finds itself today with continual problems arising across the nation. I sometimes think an organization can, also, overburden itself with ridiculous rules, by-laws and so forth to the point that reasonable enforcement becomes an issue. IMO unless the NCAA admits to the above and proceeds to a massive restructuring, the problems will only escalate until quite a number of member schools begin crying "Foul, Foul" against the NCAA itself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AU gives up the seat and we get the signature.

Aug 29, 2012, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Looking at it on face value, of course it seems patently ]

We'll put another 650 yrd on their ### this year too. We start the fire and they blow the smoke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's cute that they're bringing their recruits

Aug 29, 2012, 6:51 AM

to their first butt whoop'n of the season.

Man, I hate Auburn!***

Aug 29, 2012, 6:53 AM

Chizik got some splaining to do to those recruits after ####

Aug 29, 2012, 7:15 AM

kicking in the Dome. Go Tigers!

Re: Chizik got some splaining to do to those recruits after ####

Aug 29, 2012, 7:34 AM

This stuff just makes me want to beat them even more now. This is just BS.

It just means immediate playing time. It's a win-win situation.***

Aug 29, 2012, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Chizik got some splaining to do to those recruits after #### ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It'll come back to haunt them when we crush them***

Aug 29, 2012, 8:10 AM

i think this is a new neutral site rule the sec changed this

Aug 29, 2012, 8:10 AM

ytear and is conference driven. i believe the acc can allow this as well.

georgia-florida have agreed to wave this rule for the world's greatest cocktail party; neither will entertain/invite recruits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see how we wouldn't be able to bring recruits too

Aug 29, 2012, 8:30 AM

so I'm not getting too bent out of shape... I'm sure we can

Home teams at neutral site games are allowed to bring them***

Aug 29, 2012, 9:23 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic