Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BC and Gameday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,270

BC and Gameday

Nov 4, 2018, 7:30 PM

Does anyone else think that BC stadium will be half empty from a BC fan perspective and their Ganeday show turnout will be an embarrassment ?

I would rather GameDay not be there if that is the case. They should be challenged to show up .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BC and Gameday

Nov 4, 2018, 7:39 PM

I dunno. Boston College has less than 10K students. Maybe to increase turnout they should run some free shuttles over from Boston U, which has twice as many students as BC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 7:55 PM

They have a hockey game Friday night. No way the students will be up by 9 am

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure Clemson fans will make up for their poor showing.***

Nov 4, 2018, 7:56 PM

Nov 4, 2018, 8:18 PM

It was full in 2016. Night game but earlier in the season. Red bandana game. Clemson was ranked #3.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 5, 2018, 8:37 PM

gameday should be crowded. the students will all show up especially in this FOMO society that we all live in. plus, other students nearby with no connection to the school will prob go as well to be seen on TV etc.

as for the game, the stadium should be packed and as loud as 44K people can possibly be. the seats are aluminum bleachers so the sound just reverberates off them especially when people are stomping on them. night games, red bandana games in this decade and some of the ND/FSU ones in the early aughts were good proof of that.

that said, I cannot guarantee people will be there at the kickoff. BC fans are notorious for strolling in late to games. a lot of that has to do IMHO with the fact that the school limits tailgating before (for night games, maybe 3 hours IIRC) and people who drive 6-8 hours to the games to see friends and fellow graduates etc. tend to want to stay and drink a few extra beers in the parking lots. I hope I am wrong here though because it would look good for my school to have a packed stadium at kickoff.

hansen
BC '00

Whats a FOMO society?***

Nov 5, 2018, 8:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Fear of missing out***

Nov 5, 2018, 8:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would guess on a full house at KO as there's warmth in

Nov 5, 2018, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: BC and Gameday ]

crowds and numbers, plus 8 o'clock. Dark, cold, and maybe wet for hours leading up.

Boston sports fans in general might make a go of ESPN's Gameday production Saturday morning when the traffic's good? It won't be Bowman by any measure. Hopefully it feels like home once the real action gets started.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: BC and Gameday ]

shut up hansen

Nov 6, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: BC and Gameday ]

hansen said:

gameday should be crowded. the students will all show up especially in this FOMO society that we all live in. plus, other students nearby with no connection to the school will prob go as well to be seen on TV etc.

as for the game, the stadium should be packed and as loud as 44K people can possibly be. the seats are aluminum bleachers so the sound just reverberates off them especially when people are stomping on them. night games, red bandana games in this decade and some of the ND/FSU ones in the early aughts were good proof of that.

that said, I cannot guarantee people will be there at the kickoff. BC fans are notorious for strolling in late to games. a lot of that has to do IMHO with the fact that the school limits tailgating before (for night games, maybe 3 hours IIRC) and people who drive 6-8 hours to the games to see friends and fellow graduates etc. tend to want to stay and drink a few extra beers in the parking lots. I hope I am wrong here though because it would look good for my school to have a packed stadium at kickoff.

hansen
BC '00

shut up, hansen

Nov 7, 2018, 2:12 AM

Says sold out and I checked ticket sites and not many left should be good crowd and I hope it is.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,270
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic