Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Little 10 Whining Again...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,993

Little 10 Whining Again...

Jul 18, 2019, 2:01 PM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27216204/delany-critical-cfp-selection-committee

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

B1G is very consistent.....

Jul 18, 2019, 2:07 PM

0 points scored in their last 2 playoff games
0 teams selected to playoffs last 2 seasons

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Little 10 Whining Again...

Jul 18, 2019, 2:10 PM

If they're still upset about Bama getting selected in 2017 over ohio state, fine (even if they just sound whiny now). But if they're upset about last season, who do they think should've been left out? CFP committee gets it right more often than not.

But I don't dislike the proposal of all power 5 teams have to play 10 power 5 games.

Jul 18, 2019, 2:37 PM

I say it depends. I kinda disagree. I just see it as a mechanism to box out other smaller/rising schools. Kinda like how they tried to box out a lot of southern schools back in the day. Forcing the B10 to play more "local" non-power teams might be better because I am willing to say there are a lot of non-power 5 teams that will whoop Murryland, Rutgers, Indiana, etc. Truth be told, I bet they are still gunshy about AppState.

The B10 thumbs its nose against the Troys, Citadels, BSU, and even UCFs but heck, they could whoop a lot of the P5 (or have).

Jul 18, 2019, 2:31 PM

Whining Little 10 is called "Whittle10"

I got an idea -

Don't have your "Champion" NOT get blown out 49-20 by a 6-7 Purdue team, "escape" a comically bad Murryland team, and have a 55-24 loss to a 8-5 Iowa team the year before. And then do not have you champions blown out in the CFP the prior years by a combined 69-0. Also, you non-conference scheduling is very, very poor. Us scheduling Troy is a better opponent that about 1/2 of the B10. Come on, how do you only score 16 points against a B12 team. They spot anyone 30 points at the coinflip.

UCF has had a better claim to the CFP selection than the B10 has in the past two seasons.

Ironically, any one of OSU's conference loses in the past 2 years have been by a great margin (29 & 31 points) that the combined total of Clemson last four losses (26 points combined).

Jul 18, 2019, 2:41 PM

The B-12 went to 9 conference games because that's all the teams they had.

The B-10 did it by choice.

Either way, it was both of their choice so they could avoid paying for OOC games and leave the money in conference. This was a way to "beef up" their schedule. It was a way to save money. Suck it up.

Jul 18, 2019, 3:02 PM

A lot of ACC team do play 10 P5 opponents, a few don't but at least they play decent Group of 5 teams. USF, UCF etc so they are at least giving non-power teams a shot which I am ok with.

Here, excluding two pay-for-play schools

Clemson did (A&M and Coots. Are the coots really P5, meh, P5 does not mean you are any good aint that right Rutgers?)

Syracuse didn't (UCONN & ND)
FSU did (ND & UF)
BC no - Purdue & Temple
Miami didn't LSU and FIU
UNC Didn't Cal & UCF but considering the played UCF, lets give them a pass
GT didn't USF & Jawja
UVA didn't indiana & Ohio
Duke did 3 IMO Army, NW, Baylor (I count the service academies)
Pitt did ND, PSU, and even UCF
VT nope, only ND but they did lose to ODU
UofL did Bama and UK
NC State didnt anything, but the WVU game was cancelled, next best OOC was likely James Madison or ECU
Wake didnt, ND, Tulane and Rice but that is ok for wake's standards

Jul 18, 2019, 2:44 PM

Not surprised ... not surprised at all !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Hey Jim...here's a thought...

Jul 18, 2019, 3:10 PM

if you want your conference champion in the CFP discussion, encourage them not to get embarrassed against really bad teams like Purdue and Maryland.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He's a UNCheat grad. Enough said.***

Jul 18, 2019, 3:13 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,993
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic