Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump's Racism is Central to His Re-Election Strategy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 665

Trump's Racism is Central to His Re-Election Strategy

Jul 17, 2019, 10:38 AM

With racial animus being THE strongest predictor of Trump support, it is not surprising to see him go so gleefully down this path.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-racist-tweets-2020-presidential-election-d531e17d-aa83-4544-9a50-54e8c939ed03.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just curious - do you consider Nationalism to be racism?***

Jul 17, 2019, 10:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just curious - do you consider Nationalism to be racism?***

Jul 17, 2019, 10:46 AM

I will give my answer. I think most of the white nationalists are probably racist.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That safe since the definition is exact.

Jul 17, 2019, 11:07 AM

The problem the left is having is thinking every white person who is a nationalist fits that description is wrong. Just because all painters are drunks doesn't mean all drunks are painters.

Ask 7 spots for verification.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a broad stroke. I'm white and I think we should

Jul 17, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Just curious - do you consider Nationalism to be racism?*** ]

protect our borders. I think we have enough sick/hungry people in the US without letting others in - in an uncontrolled fashion. So - that makes me a Nationalist.

But I don't think I'd be considered racist...based on my other awesome qualities.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a broad stroke. I'm white and I think we should

Jul 17, 2019, 11:28 AM

There are never minorities with the nationalists at their rallies. Also, racist groups often show up at the same rallies.

So - you've got 100 white folks at a Nationalist rally -

Jul 17, 2019, 11:37 AM

with no minorities and racist groups sometimes show up as well?

And based on that - you're saying most white nationalists are racist?

You're pigeon-holing an entire demographic based on the actions of a few?

(That's makes you racist.)

Prejudice is not limited to the KKK, skinheads and NeoNazis.

Jul 17, 2019, 12:14 PM

The left is all about prejudice. Watch how the MSM highlights ever radical right winger's actions and pins it on the rest of us. See how little they covered the 2 Antifa attacks on ICE detention centers over the last week.

In fact, the left is much more prejudice than the right by average, volume and intensity. While pubs and conservatives are ready to pursue the law breakers to the full extent of the law while the democrat candidate all raised their hand when asked who would make illegal border crossings legal.

I expect to be called a racist for thinking a law is a law and saying American should obey laws and expect that from everyone who steps foot on our soil. But I accuse the left of being racist for saying it's wrong to hold minorities to the same laws we all would go to prison for violating.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So - you've got 100 white folks at a Nationalist rally -

Jul 17, 2019, 1:47 PM [ in reply to So - you've got 100 white folks at a Nationalist rally - ]

Yep. Why only white people at their rallies and why do white supremacists join them? Youre being naive imo.

So - I guess you're not a Nationalist. Is that true?

Jul 17, 2019, 3:45 PM

I guess I didn't realize that if I hold a belief that also happens to be held by White Supremacists - that makes me a racist...

Re: So - I guess you're not a Nationalist. Is that true?

Jul 17, 2019, 4:24 PM

No, but if youre at those rallies you likely are. The white nationalists in Cville were. If you surround yourself with a bunch of racists at rallies you probably are.

You had originally said that most white nationalists are

Jul 18, 2019, 11:04 AM

probably racist. If you're actually saying that most white nationalists who attend those rallies are probably racist - I could agree that's likely true...

Re: Just curious - do you consider Nationalism to be racism?***

Jul 17, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Just curious - do you consider Nationalism to be racism?*** ]

no

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody is playing with words and their meanings,

Jul 17, 2019, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Just curious - do you consider Nationalism to be racism?*** ]

thinking they are so clever by branding people as evil by sounding the dog whistle pC code words.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

There are two types of people that believe that...

Jul 17, 2019, 3:10 PM

'White Nationalist,' include ever nationalist who is white. For example, if a black man believes that Trump is right to put America first does that make him a Black Nationalist? Are there Black Nationalist?

Of course. Those blacks that confronted the Covington kids screaming in their faces were Black Nationalist. Watch the video. The are representative of ACO's squad. They too are radical leftist who believe minorities alone should make policy for this nation.

I am white, I am a nationalist, I reckon, because I want Americans to eat first, live best and enjoy life the most. That doesn't mean I want all the black to leave America. I'm exactly as much concerned about Mexican immigrants who are American citizens or legal immigrants with low skills having good wages as I am the unskilled blacks and white American citizens.

One type of people who confuse whites who are nationalist with White Nationalist are just plain ignorant and need to have it explained to them. The other group are liars who want to divide the nation to use racism to seize power. I call them progressives with brains.

Re: Trump's Racism is Central to His Re-Election Strategy

Jul 17, 2019, 10:42 AM

On the other hand, it gets Dems to talk about racism and identity politics too much. That hurts the Dems obviously.

Hillary played the 'basket of deplorables,' card...

Jul 17, 2019, 11:03 AM

calling American's racist, misogynist, homophobes, and everything else a liberal dreams about.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” Al Einstein

Once.

Jul 17, 2019, 11:27 AM

Trump attacked and called names throughout the primaries. He even attacked those in his own party.

And Hillary paid a price for that comment, Trump's daily attacks don't hurt him at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once.

Jul 17, 2019, 11:44 AM

WASHINGTON, D.C.—The Trump campaign has unveiled its 2020 campaign strategy of airing unedited footage of speeches and press conferences by far-left Democrats like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and that other one.

GOP commercials will air the footage around the clock. The speeches will not be edited in any way. Rather than pushing their own policy proposals, Republicans will just remind the nation of just who it is they're running against.

"We were pretty concerned when Trump was tweeting those racially charged things the other day," said one campaign strategist. "But now we're in the clear again. I mean, he'll say something problematic again soon. But we don't even have to defend it. We just have to show people the Dems tripping over themselves to say something even crazier."

"Frankly, when we saw that wild press conference after Trump's tweets, we took a moment and thanked the Lord above for His blessings," he added.

What does this reference?

Jul 17, 2019, 1:44 PM

It seems lost.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe many Americans felt unrepresented...

Jul 17, 2019, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Once. ]

and defenseless and that kinda festered during Obama's years. Not liking Obama's lack of attention to things they believed important to them and his focus on things which were not popular like to them like Obamacare.

Trump specifically made promises to negate Obama's actions. I figured he was just another lying politician because it's been a long long while since any POTUS candidate tried to keep all their promises but I also figured he at least he lied about what was important to me.

When he started checking off those promises while continuing to do the few he hasn't fulfilled he became one of my favorite POTUSes.

So what? I'm suppose to believe he loses my favor because he's defends himself, his administration and his agenda with strong words which the people who tried to continue Obama's agenda by electing Hillary? I think not.

Trump is not a racist. That didn't work the last time he ran for POTUS and it will not work this time. I do not hate Obama's agenda because he is black. I did not hate Hillary's agenda because she was a woman, I do not hate Omar's and Talib's position on Israel because they are muslim. I do not hate AOC's position on border control because she is whatever she is. I do not hate Presley's position on black faces having black voices, brown faces having brown voices or queers having queer voices because she is black.

I do not hate who they are but I do hate their their agendas. Calling them out about their horrible political position is not racist. They have no problem calling Trump a racist, saying he is running concentration camps filled with brown people only because they are brown, saying he hates brown children because those children do not look like his.

I suppose I'm collateral damage to these women's attack on Trump but I refuse to go silently into the night. I have strong words for them too and I do not care what color you are, which set of plumbing fixtures are between your legs or which religion you think will get you to heaven.

Trump used rhetoric which I heard back when my hair was down on my shoulders and I supported equal rights and wanted the war in Nam ended.

I didn't like it then and I didn't like the tweet but that tweet wasn't racist.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

That doesn't address Trump's constant childish attacks

Jul 17, 2019, 1:41 PM

on virtually everyone. He's rarely defending himself, the majority of the time he's the one that is slinging the ####.

I don't disagree that people feel unrepresented and that the Democrats have run to the left on many issues, but that has nothing to do with Trump's behavior. Many support him because of it, not in spite of it. It's disturbing that he can continuously lower the bar and attack American institutions and ideals.

This country needs leaders with ethics and integrity, the country currently appears to want the opposite.

At times in my life I drove junk cars, beaters if you wish.

Jul 17, 2019, 2:58 PM

I bought a 1973 B110 Datsun which used $5 worth of oil and $5 worth of gas a week so I could get to Greenville Tech and prove to Clemson University that I could and would do the work. I paid 125 bucks for the car.

Why tell you this? Trump was the only car available which we could afford to do the job we wanted done. The rest of the republican candidate wouldn't take us where we had to go. Trump only uses $5 dollars worth of gas and $5 dollars worth of oil compared to the luxurious ride we'd have with a gas guzzling RINO like you saw on that stage with him.

He was the best candidate to do what we wanted. We heard his harsh speech before we selected him to represent our interest in Washington. I don't understand why the left is still crying about the things he says. I do not understand why when they cried about his words during the 2016 election and failed to turn Americans against him they think it will work now.

You want a man/woman who tells you what you want to hear in a nice way then does anything but that after taking office? How much will we tolerate? 6 more years and then I'll be fed up with his twitter.

Wait, hold on.

Jul 17, 2019, 3:43 PM

I'm going to do my best not to offend your delicate sensibilities. Trump was a registered Democrat until 2012, and now everybody on the stage with him in 2015 was a RINO, and he's the arbiter of conservative policy? How about a $1.5 TRILLION tax cut, with no corresponding decrease in spending? How's that for a gas guzzling RINO? Or do deficits only matter when Democrats are in office?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1151138682319097856

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think any of the other Republicans would

Jul 17, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to At times in my life I drove junk cars, beaters if you wish. ]

have accomplished the same, maybe even more? There is no way to know.

I'd think people would tire of always having to explain away and attempt to justify his behavior. I don't think that anything he's accomplished is worth that price, and I don't believe his accomplishments are even remotely close to what he claims.

The people appear to want divisive politics over politics of substance, this was made clear when a good guys like Jeff Flake were forced out. Will Hurd will be next. In a few years we'll only have the nuts and Americans will hate each other and everyone.

Still looking for an informed explanation

Jul 17, 2019, 5:45 PM

..,of what exactly Trump said that was racist.

Replies: 25
| visibility 665
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic