Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At the beach w the kids for the weekend.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

At the beach w the kids for the weekend.

Jun 30, 2019, 11:31 AM

Still contemplating which one I strangle first.... #dadlife

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enjoy! I am at the beach with no kids

Jun 30, 2019, 11:34 AM

and they are both working all week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They all woke up by 7am...

Jun 30, 2019, 11:49 AM

Then it was a parade of kids in and out of the room for the next 3 hours as they trashed the condo w chips, honey bun wrappers and Capri suns. Now at the pool.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing like traveling to the coast to skip the beach and hit the pool

Jun 30, 2019, 12:39 PM

You probably order fish at a steakhouse too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never, I’m a steak man.

Jun 30, 2019, 1:00 PM

I do love seafood as well but not at a steakhouse. And they wanted to go to the pool first, which is a lot easier to watch 4 kids with 2 of them 6 years old. At the beach it’s str8 lifeguard duty the whole time.

just busting your chops

Jun 30, 2019, 2:11 PM

I honestly don’t remember the last time I left the house with both kids and just me.

You are doing better than I am

He's got my vote

Jun 30, 2019, 3:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I spent 25 years fishing with two kids in an aluminum...

Jun 30, 2019, 9:25 PM [ in reply to just busting your chops ]

flatbottom jonboat. I paddled most of those years and swapped kids in and out to give everyone an even time on the water. I took the oldest and the youngest together and so on...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We paid our dues, it's our turn.

Jun 30, 2019, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Enjoy! I am at the beach with no kids ]

Why do I not pity them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keeping them safe and civil will prevent you having fun.

Jun 30, 2019, 9:20 PM

The trick, if you can call it that, is to keep them occupied doing something everyone enjoys. I've found kids don't torture each other or daddy when they are busy having fun.

My simplest way to deal with them was a game I learned as a young child. One player throws the ball up, hits it with a bat while the other players try to catch the ball in the air. If they catch a fly they get to be the hitter.

If they catch a grounder or run the ball down they can roll the ball and try to hit a the bat laying at the feet of the hitter. If they hit the bat they become the hitter. If the ball jumps off the bat and the hitter catches it before it hit the ground the hitter remains the hitter.

Any ball caught on first bounce rewards the fielder half the distance to the bat.

It cost me the price of 6 good leather gloves, one bat and one ball and one trip to the back yard to get all my children on board. That was our sandlot game which lasted for years.

So glad you got custody***

Jul 1, 2019, 11:39 AM

True that,

Jul 1, 2019, 12:37 PM

Tote, me, and ExMrsJFB had a blast at Senior Frogs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: True that,

Jul 1, 2019, 1:09 PM

if you have 2, my money is on the youngest, if 3 or more

Jul 1, 2019, 4:29 PM

it's even money on the oldest and youngest.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic