Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The worst part about driving a F250
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

The worst part about driving a F250

Oct 28, 2018, 7:29 PM

Is I can’t make ford jokes anymore.

*sadssss

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s ok

Oct 28, 2018, 7:46 PM

We still can

https://youtu.be/e6Teu5ml8HY

Re: The worst part about driving a F250

Oct 28, 2018, 7:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Raised a Chevy man and all us fuggers are stil sitting around saying...

Oct 28, 2018, 8:07 PM

Ford makes a decent pickup. Then we buy parts for our Chevy’s and baby them every step of the way.

Ford has figured out the pickup truck.

Approaching 400,000 miles on my 2001 Tundra

Oct 28, 2018, 8:11 PM

I'd say Toyota has it figured out as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is only okay if you pronounce Toyota...

Oct 28, 2018, 8:30 PM

As Toe-Y?-Dah!

I say it in a "Mickey Rooney/Breakfast at Tiffanys" way.***

Oct 28, 2018, 9:20 PM

my grandfather has a 1960’s philco refrigerator that still

Oct 29, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Approaching 400,000 miles on my 2001 Tundra ]

runs.

I’ll still take my new Bosch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never understood humblebragging about a car/truck that

Oct 29, 2018, 1:32 PM

has a ton of miles on it.

"So..you what you're saying is you need a new car?"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never understood humblebragging about a car/truck that

Oct 29, 2018, 10:03 PM

I do have a newer car. Decided to keep the truck because there's always a need for one.

You don't need a new vehicle if the thing still runs.

Oct 30, 2018, 12:12 PM [ in reply to I never understood humblebragging about a car/truck that ]

Now, if you are putting more in to fixing it than it is worth, you need a new vehicle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The value of the car needing fixing isn't the variable

Oct 30, 2018, 12:19 PM

you should be concerned about (although it is for most people).

If you're doing an economic analysis, it's the cost of fixing your current car vs the cost of a new one.

I can't count all the people I know who go trade in a paid-for car because it needs $1500 of work, and their solution is a new car that puts $300-400/month over their heads for the next 5 years.

The fact that the car needing repair was worth $5000 is irrelevant. In the end, it's $1500 to stay on the road (plus future repairs) vs $20,000+

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking at that right now.

Oct 30, 2018, 12:26 PM

Our 4runner needs $1300 of exhaust manifolds and ~$1200 in tires. $2500 sucks after doing a $900 timing belt last year, but it beats the heck out of a $600 payment for a car that gets driven ~5-6k miles per year.

We've even looked at the Uber aspect; ie getting rid of the car and using Uber everywhere. Our neighbor did that. She sold her car and Ubers it, or get this--borrows our car--when she needs to go somewhere. Even living in the middle of town, not having a car is simply inconvenient.

There's a lot of people like that. They talk about how

Oct 30, 2018, 12:28 PM

awesome their new frugal lifestyle is, and when you dig deeper you realize that it completely hinges on mooching off others.

It's like those tiny house shows on TV. They're all talking about how they will live modestly and don't need all the trappings of wealth and will be traveling on the same budget that would go towards a mortgage. Then you find out they're parking that house in the back yard of some poor sucker friend who actually did have to take out a mortgage.

Until it starts looking like $3,000/ year to keep in

Oct 30, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to The value of the car needing fixing isn't the variable ]

running. Eventually I don't trust fixing things.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the other thing.....

Oct 30, 2018, 12:45 PM

And I'm not picking on you, everybody does it, but people act like there's a perpetually high amount of money that'll need to be spent on a car to keep it going.

Maybe if it's a Ferrari or Lamborghini needing an annual $8k engine-out service, sure. But for that 2005 Honda Accord that someone has, it might indeed take $2500 at 100k miles (spread out over 3-4 repairs), but it'll then give another 60k miles of service with limited investment.

I think the real issue is that people get frustrated and just want a new car, and telling themselves that the old car will be a massive money pit mentally takes away the sting and helps justify the money they're putting in a new one. At the end of the day (almost) every car is a depreciating asset....you're pouring money into it one way or another.

Oh, and to be crystal clear....

Oct 30, 2018, 12:48 PM

I'm not judging these folks. I've owned 40+ cars in my 28 years of driving, and the longest I've kept one is 2 years. I've done these fake mental gymnastics many, many times.

So much this.***

Oct 30, 2018, 1:09 PM

You just don't have enough experience with a Jeep Liberty.

Oct 30, 2018, 1:02 PM [ in reply to That's the other thing..... ]

Nor being a dirt poor scientist who didn't have me around to help make choices.

Also, good god man at having all those cars. I've owned 3 cars, ever. Started in 1996.

My biggest thing was the front suspension

Oct 29, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Raised a Chevy man and all us fuggers are stil sitting around saying... ]

I was tired of tie rods and ball joints and then I get the 250, and all I’ve done is replace the tie rods TWICE on this 250. I’ll just deal with the rattle and get louder tires next time to cover up the noise.

Re: The worst part about driving a F250

Oct 28, 2018, 8:17 PM

Point for a new ride.

Hope you like it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve had it for a while now

Oct 29, 2018, 8:27 AM

I love it except the radio is sh!t. It lags and doesn’t work half the time. And I drive so much it’s out of the warranty all ready.

How's it ride?

Oct 29, 2018, 10:12 AM

I drive a lot of miles and want a diesel, but don't really need a diesel. Although I do wish I had one hauling the boat to Charleston. I'm not sure I'm willing to sacrifice ride quality though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When it was stock

Oct 29, 2018, 10:57 AM

I was very surprised at how smooth it was. I have a leveling kit on it now and its a little rough but its really nice. Solid axle trucks have come a long way from my old 87 chevy. I would say, aside from hitting bumps that engage both tires simultaneously or slighlty out of time (Rail road tracks, bridge seperators) it rides better than my chevy did with its leveling kit.

You haven't sworn off diesel because of the DPF stuff yet?

Oct 29, 2018, 11:02 AM

Was your Chevy a 1500?

I'm just concerned about some sort of catastrophic problem due to the emissions garbage. I had to put a new cam in my Ram at 150k miles, if I got a diesel I'd like for it to last at least double that without any headaches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I had a Denali 1500

Oct 30, 2018, 12:45 PM

The emissions stuff sucks but as soon as it’s out of the engine warranty I’ll delete it. The $1500 to delete it will save a ton of money later. We have a fleet of trucks and finally deleted them because they kept throwing error codes and limp mode and that was at least $800 every time they went to the shop.

wait for the death wobble that happens on all Fords

Oct 29, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to When it was stock ]

its exciting

what Color trucknutz did you get?***

Oct 29, 2018, 8:39 AM

CLEAR***

Oct 29, 2018, 10:57 AM

As soon as my powerball money comes in

Oct 29, 2018, 8:47 AM

I'm looking at getting a truck. Haven't decided between a F250 super duty just for the hell of having a big truck finally, or something more economical like a GMC Sierra/Chevy Silverado.

I like the Toyotas in the small truck size, but if I'm spending money on something like that I want something nice with some room in it. And I hate the toyota full size trucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I HATE TUNDRAS

Oct 29, 2018, 10:58 AM

But the tacomas a solidddddddddd

Samsies

Oct 29, 2018, 12:52 PM

I just don't like how small the tacomas are. Doesn't allow enough compensation

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Parking it, the crappy ride in town, and chitty gas mileage?***

Oct 29, 2018, 12:57 PM

Actually rides great

Oct 30, 2018, 12:42 PM

Turns better than my gmc and isn’t too bad

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic