Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Martavious Bryant: missing opportunities
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 4,648

Martavious Bryant: missing opportunities

Aug 10, 2019, 12:20 PM

He is still listed as member of Raiders but as Unsigned Free Agent. He is currently indefinitely suspended for his third drug abuse charge (marijuana). He has submitted paperwork for reinstatement as he has worked with the new Mental Health NFL board since suspended.

He has a great opportunity to play with some of the best support structure he potentially have with the likes of Renfrow, Clelin and Trayvon. Maybe a brotherhood that could keep him focused?

His digressions have cost him $1.2mil of his potential $3.9mil in earnings. Just think if he had stayed focused he would be 5th year which is where large contracts often occur.

Wish him luck!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Martavious Bryant: missing opportunities

Aug 10, 2019, 12:32 PM

I’m pulling for him. What a story it will be if he can turn this around.

As much as I’ve always enjoyed seeing him play,

Aug 10, 2019, 12:32 PM

If he hasn’t gotten his stuff together by now, it may not happen. He’s an adult and makes his own choices. He’s a very gifted athlete and has potential for a life that most of us can only dream of.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2019, 12:43 PM

I'm praying MB can get the help he needs, more than any amount of money he could earn.

This isn't a case of laziness or being uneducated. He's got some real issues that vast majority of us will never be able to comprehend, much less understand.

With that said, he has an insane amount of talent, and yes, selfishly, I would love to see him be able to get to a clean, peaceful place that allowed him to play football again.

I always thought he could be the best receiver in the NFL given his speed, height and athleticism. I don't say that lightly either. He could straight up own every DB in the league.

Message was edited by: TigerCC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, the window on his NFL possibilities

Aug 10, 2019, 1:01 PM

is closing rapidly . . . His window on life itself is much broader . . .

May he gain control of his life first and foremost . . .

Pulling and praying for our Tiger!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2019, 1:43 PM

I agree with you that Oakland would be a great fit if they are willing to give him another chance. If not, I'd like to see him sign with the Texans and maybe between Watson & Hopkins, they could help keep him on the straight and narrow as he develops into the receiver we all know he can be.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2019, 1:57 PM

I know that there is a ton of Tiger fans that still care and wish MB nothing but the best and successful, and I do the very same, but honestly, I put all my trust in MB before this last incident that he was done with the drugs. He swore that his kids welfare and his career in the NFL was the best way he could give his family the life that he wanted for them. The next thing we hear is that he has gambled the future he swore he wanted for his family and himself with using drugs, and daring the NFL to catch him the 3d time. MB hung with the wrong crowd that convinced him, I'm assuming, that there were things out there that would guarantee he wouldn't test positive again and they will if you know for certain when you're going to be tested, and that was a gamble that MB could not and should not have taken for his family that he wanted the better life for. The only way not to ever test positive, is to never put illegal/ban substance in your body, and MB gambled everything yet again, and I don't trust that he will this time do the right thing if given another chance...

I wish MB all the best the world can offer a person that is serious about doing the right things, but personally I believe that the NFL done right by him twice before and he blew it, now it's time for him to put the NFL behind him, go back to Clemson and get his degree and start a career that he can support himself and his family.

Some will frown, but what's wrong with being honest, and I honestly believe that Dabo does his best at trying to make sure that his young men leave his FB program with the right attitude to be good humans, to be good strong minded young men, and to be good fathers and family men, but somewhere in his teachings, everything somehow went right over the top of Martavious head bc, he hasn't been a good family man or a good parent bc good parents and good fathers put the well being of their kids/family before anything, and using illegal drugs isn't on any list of how to be a good dad/family man especially when his lively hood of a great life depends on not ever using illegal drugs regardless of your personal opinion of how harmless the drug is. The NFL rules says no weed, and if you use it, you are deserving of the consequences!!! I wish Martavious Bryant the very best, I do, but he abused the chances given to him by his employer, and he has to except and live with the decisions he made, right or wrong, life lessons isn't written on a chalk board where you can erase your mistakes and start over, everything you do in the book of life stays with you your entire life. You just have to do your best to make the next chapter a better one, and I hope Martavious has a great next chapter!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 4:39 AM

Dittos Allorange....

He should have just taken the opioids...Right?***

Aug 11, 2019, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Martavious Bryant: missing opportunities ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 7:00 AM

IF it's JUST marijuana the nfl needs to stop this. The league and their doctors prescribe much worse with long lasting effects.

some people have the choice between

Aug 11, 2019, 7:26 AM

millions of dollars and smoking pot and they choose smoking pot. Yes it would be nice to have both, but sometimes you have to make a choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NFL needs to quit this weed ban

Aug 11, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Martavious Bryant: missing opportunities ]

he literally plays in a state where its legal. He didn't fall in the wrong crowd. He literally could've been in church with the way California is set up. I do wish he had better self control, but with the current opioid epidemic I'll never be mad someone smokes weed. It will be federally legal within 3-5 years and the league will change the rules and everyone will come out to be smoking. Even Tom Brady.

Replies: 11
| visibility 4,648
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic