Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As far as the Battle incident....Here's an old timer's take.
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

As far as the Battle incident....Here's an old timer's take.

Sep 21, 2013, 8:38 AM

It has to be the position of the head coach that," We conduct ourselves as sportsman on the field". But, it also has to be an unwritten rule that," We will not be punked on the field!Ever." I will just about bet the farm, that behind closed doors, one of our coaches said," Boys, he knocked that punk flat on his ###!!". Last year, when Ellington got shown up by Swearinger, how many of you were embarrased that the rest of the team took it. No one came to his defense. Heck, Ellington didn't even come to his own defense!! As an older fan, who was here in the 70's and 80's, I promise you, NO ONE would have done that to them. The Wake team that in the 90's motioned us to "COME ON DOWN THE HILL" would have never done that in the 80's when we had guys like Bubba Brown, Randy Scott, JD,The Bostic Brothers,Arthur Bussie,Ray Williams( Who personally adusted a Maryland player's attitude one year). I had an ex player this week tell me that if someone had mouthed of to Andy Headen that way, that Andy would STILL be in jail!So,in my opinion, you have to take the bad with the good. To garner respect, occasionally you may have to reestablish THE LINE. Battle did that Thursday night!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic