Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad to learn only 29% of eligible Military Age Men & Women could make the cut to serve..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,021

Sad to learn only 29% of eligible Military Age Men & Women could make the cut to serve..

May 17, 2019, 3:47 PM

due to being overweight, drug usuage, low education levels, police record, willingness, etc.

Armed Service Recruiting Services are having an extremely tough time finding qualified people to serve since their available pool is getting smaller & smaller.

And today IRAN’s Leader sorta confirmed this ongoing dilemma & fact to defend America..by saying we were in trouble population-wise to put out great fighters..

and that our Nation was in a Social turmoil.

Seems those Bad Guys always have a better pulse on us than we do!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a veteran it makes me sick just thinking about it.***

May 17, 2019, 3:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You looked at people lately?

May 17, 2019, 3:55 PM

Americans take in tons of calories and the majority can't even be bothered to take an evening walk around their neighborhood.

We, as as society are predominately fat and extremely unhealthy.

People need to start eating healthier, ingesting fewer calories (smaller serving sizes), and get their @$$e$ off the couch and outside more often.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Universal healthcare is a good enough idea if people are responsible.

May 17, 2019, 4:04 PM

The problem is that we live in a country full of people who are not. That is my non partisan take on it.

Looks like we'll be drone striking people into the stone age***

May 17, 2019, 3:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like we'll be drone striking people into the stone age***

May 17, 2019, 5:31 PM

Yea we have 10's of millions of gamers that could drone strike most of the world into darkness with 1 month of training.

America is as safe as it's ever been. Our biggest danger is these antivax idiots spreading disease.

Re: Sad to learn only 29% of eligible Military Age Men & Women could make the cut to serve..

May 17, 2019, 4:07 PM

Well, take it from someone whose family has a rich tradition but did not serve. It isn't that there is a quality of potential, but rather the "potential" now has a choice and the post-service outcome are not favorable to those that do serve. I think the path for upward mobility via the service is blocked by the "Wofford" class of folks if you catch my drift. I think the service need to do more for ensuring upward economic mobility but then again, that is tough today. I have no doubt we could turn it on in a switch if need be but until the Vietnam era is no longer a living memory, then the volunteer element will suffer.

As to my case, my father (Vietnam Vet) talked me out of it post 9/11 (I was 18 when it happened). Told me to go to college first, graduate, and then decide. Said the war would still be there. He wasn't anti-service but rather taking a long view. He was right. But by then Iraq happened - and I opposed THAT conflict but respect those that did serve and went to graduate school instead. Can't complain about that decision in the end. Likely if Iraq did happen, I would have chosen differently. But then again that is the option now.

So take that for what it is worth. Honestly, I think that about 1/3 of the current college population would be better off serving before enrolling. But they have the choice to take out the debt rather than earning the bill. I had scholarships so, different item. Oh well.

message to eye-o-tola, fark around and find out***

May 17, 2019, 4:44 PM

How does that compare to previous years, and how much of it

May 17, 2019, 4:58 PM

is because of tougher entry requirements as opposed to a changing population?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow,

May 17, 2019, 4:59 PM

that's a lot higher than I figured. From my observations I put it under 10%.

Larger percentage than I thought as well.***

May 17, 2019, 5:18 PM

Re: Larger percentage than I thought as well.***

May 17, 2019, 5:28 PM

Have everyone register for the draft. Then maybe these women complainers will think a little about saying they are not getting a square deal. We should re-institute the draft. Be like Israel, everyone serve two years. At that time, this will get everyone in some shape and create a bigger pool for more advanced Service training. They can go to college after their service.

Re: Larger percentage than I thought as well.***

May 17, 2019, 5:41 PM

Agree. Draft everyone. Let the conciencious objectors perform some sort of civil service for our country.

Either that or quit being the world police***

May 17, 2019, 5:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we're gonna be like Israel, I'm OK with having a draft like they have

May 17, 2019, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Larger percentage than I thought as well.*** ]

if we also get universal healthcare and free, legal abortion like they have.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad to learn only 29% of eligible Military Age Men & Women could make the cut to serve..

May 17, 2019, 5:38 PM

Meh...our standards are higher now.

If I want to hear commentary

May 17, 2019, 6:02 PM

from a Persian, I’ll go down to the animal shelter and talk to the cats.

If it keeps us out of a war with Iran, that's great news***

May 17, 2019, 5:57 PM

Don't worry, Bill. If a war is necessary, we'd

May 17, 2019, 6:05 PM

Start taking fatties again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2019, 6:50 PM

That high? Have you been to an airport or mall lately?

May 17, 2019, 7:45 PM

A lot of that is just idiotic policies by the military.

Marijuana usage shouldn't be a disqualifier for the military. We also have unrealistic fitness goals for the majority of jobs. Does the pharmacy technician really need to be in the same shape as the infantry?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

May 17, 2019, 7:46 PM

They do if the other team's infantry shows up at the pharmacy .

Message was prescribed to the Coot by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,021
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic