Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I noticed in today's A&M game story that the capacity of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I noticed in today's A&M game story that the capacity of

Sep 6, 2019, 5:47 PM

the Valley is listed as 81,500. But, our all time highest attendance is listed as 86.092 for the Florida State game in 1999. Did the West Zone "expansion" really cost us ~4600 seats in capacity? Or is attendance on "The Hill" really down that much. I don't think it holds anywhere near that many.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I recall it is both

Sep 6, 2019, 5:52 PM

We lost some capacity with the expansion, and the Fire Marshall reduced the number allowed on the hill.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As I recall it is both

Sep 6, 2019, 7:28 PM

All about safety!
But, wouldn't the people on the hill be able to exit the stadium quicker than the people say, in the upper deck?
Don't fully understand the limiting of people on the hill. But, I guess safety.
The way people have lost interest in actually going to the game DV is perfect size now! We are just ahead of the curve as far as down sizing, LOL!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm all for safety, but I have yet to see concrete or

Sep 6, 2019, 8:03 PM [ in reply to As I recall it is both ]

aluminum burn. So, just put fieldturf rug on the Hill, and enforce capacity only in the fancy suites, fire potential problem solved!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm all for safety, but I have yet to see concrete or

Sep 6, 2019, 8:33 PM

Fire Marshall’s are responsible for more than just fire safety silly. They enforce commercial zoning codes and there can be many reasons other than fire to limit cramming people on top of another. Terrorism is one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm all for safety, but I have yet to see concrete or

Sep 7, 2019, 8:05 AM

Let a terrorist in Death Valley and point him out, and he will quickly find out that the stadium is aptly named.

Re: I noticed in today's A&M game story that the capacity of

Sep 6, 2019, 7:56 PM

Not that you probably care but when A&M did the 3rd phase of the remodeling we went from 110,633 to 102,000

????

So not surprise to see the same thing happen in Death Valley

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the luxury suites you put in, with all the oil money in

Sep 6, 2019, 8:05 PM

Tejas, you probably gained many more $$$ than those lost seats were generating. It's all about the Benjamins, modern times.

Re: I noticed in today's A&M game story that the capacity of

Sep 6, 2019, 8:45 PM

The official seating capacity is reserved seats and does not include the hill. Clemson Memorial Stadium has never an official capacity much higher than 81,500.

We lost a few seats with the West Zone expansion but we don’t have the 86K totals anymore because of fire marshal restrictions. Not only did we use to pack The Hill but we had temporary bleachers between west endzone and the permanent seats. People were everywhere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 99, not only was The Hill capacity fairly unlimited, but

Sep 6, 2019, 9:05 PM

... so were the other grass hills on either side of the old WEZ.

Limiting the number allowed on The Hill while doing away with the othr Green Grass sections has made a big impact on overall capacity.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic