Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ga. Tech. game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Ga. Tech. game

Jun 17, 2019, 11:49 AM

What type of offense are they gonna try to run against us?

Venables was PJ's kryptonite.

I'm sure they don't have the offensive line for a spread.

Hopefully the knee busting blocks are a thing of the past when we play them!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pro-Style, Spread

Jun 17, 2019, 11:55 AM

He'll install a spread offense with the QB often dropping back or operating from the shotgun, but with a main goal of creating running opportunities. His biggest challenge will be personnel. He'll have some decent athletes, but will he have a QB that can be accurate downfield or WRs that are good at running routes and catching passes and not just used as perimeter blockers?

We won't see anymore diving OLs aiming at kneecaps.

It'll be a few years before we see any improvement at GT. They may actually take a step back this year before they can get better-suited personnel to run is schemes effectively.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more thing...

Jun 17, 2019, 11:59 AM

I went to the Independence Bowl last year while driving out to the CFP game against Notre Dame. Temple really aired it out a lot against Duke. And their QB distributed the ball to a bunch of WRs. I totally expect them to come out slinging the ball around against Clemson. My guess is that the outcome will be similar to the Temple/Duke game: It'll be close in the first half and then they'll get blown out in the 2nd half. Again, GT doesn't have the athletes to compete with Clemson, regardless of scheme.

Are you saying GT's new QB transferred from Temple? Otherwis

Jun 17, 2019, 12:01 PM

the coach being from Temple and wanting to sling it around its kind of irrelevant and in no way will it keep it close in the first half, for the reasons you mentioned in your first post (wich was very good and informative by the way)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Are you saying GT's new QB transferred from Temple? Otherwis

Jun 17, 2019, 1:08 PM

Totally new coaching staff, new scheme, basically the same players from last year is definitely not a good combination for Tech. They are adding the tight end position. Not replacing the old tight end. There was no tight end with PJ. They have to rebuild their defensive line. And none of their returning qbs can throw the ball worth a c_ap. Maybe a frosh will be able to. Their returning special teams players are quite good. And let's face it, they don't have the same caliber athletes Clemson does. Will probably take Collins 2-3 years to really get that program moving.

Nope

Jun 17, 2019, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Are you saying GT's new QB transferred from Temple? Otherwis ]

I'm saying this:

*Geoff Collins likes to spread the field and distribute the ball to a lot of receivers.
*Being unpredictable and picking your battles in a passing game can be an equalizer until the 2nd half when your 1st string offense is tired and your lack of depth is on display.
*The talent difference between Temple and Duke last year is about the same as the gap between Clemson and GT. Although, even as I type that, I'm thinking the gap between Clemson and GT may be greater.

I have no idea who will be GTs QB this year and I bet they don't either.

Re: Nope

Jun 17, 2019, 1:41 PM

If they are going to spread it they need a qb who can dish it. They don't have that- yet. And we are not even talking about the difference in the quality of the offensive and defensive lines, which may be the biggest difference between the two teams. I'll be surprised if Clemson doesn't win this by at least 30 points.

I think mostly they'll be running

Jun 17, 2019, 2:25 PM

away from us.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic