Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So are coaches from other programs actively recruiting players from current D1 rosters?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,577

So are coaches from other programs actively recruiting players from current D1 rosters?

Jul 20, 2019, 9:17 PM

There’s a whole new world of recruiting opening up with this “transfer portal”.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently UNCheat and UofSuCk are.***

Jul 20, 2019, 9:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You bet they are

Jul 20, 2019, 9:44 PM

especially at schools where football is life and they haven't sniffed a title in a couple of decades like Tennessee and Michigan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every day.***

Jul 20, 2019, 9:50 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe that is a major violation, the player would have to initiate

Jul 21, 2019, 7:24 AM

the contact.

and Dabo and Mack Brown are good friends, I would not be surprised to learn Dabo Steered McMichael that way. And would be hard for me to believe that he would go behind Dabo's back on that. I can not say the same for Mushcamp.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly...^^

Jul 21, 2019, 7:40 AM

I have no doubt that Dabo told Kyler he'd talk to Brown on Kyler's behalf.

Regarding 'portal conspiracies', it's going to be virtually untraceable, limited almost exclusively to he said/she said, save the truly stupid coach out there (they exist...we know that). Every player at a school has friends on social media at other programs. They will 'talk', vent, and share experiences. A player elsewhere will talk to their coach about a 'portal prospect'...and gauge interest...and it goes from there.

I like the portal, especially for a program run right, like Dabo's. There's no sense in
1. Keeping an unhappy player in the program
2. Locking a player behind more talented ones, if that player isn't at a school he likes if he wasn't playing football and
3. It's outstanding for those who choose to move on AFTER earning their degree (and Natty rings at Clemson)! It's a win-win!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,577
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic