Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone wonder if BV and DB coach are on the same page?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Anyone wonder if BV and DB coach are on the same page?

Nov 26, 2018, 9:26 PM

Just wondering if our DBs get mixed messages as to where to go in various situations. BV clearly saw deviations during the game - but nothing severe enough to change our defensive scheme. From his interview, it sounds like our players didn't react properly (e.g. playing inside when should be outside, etc.). Just wondering.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know BV highly respects Coach Swinney and welcomes his

Nov 26, 2018, 9:31 PM

opinion, leadership and direction. But BV calls the shots on Defense and the players know it. Coach Swinney does appear to be more and more engaged on Offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't talking about Dabo - talking about DB coach

Nov 26, 2018, 11:20 PM

Defensive Backs Coach

Re: Anyone wonder if BV and DB coach are on the same page?

Nov 26, 2018, 9:35 PM

Nope, never wondered that.....12 - 0. Lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 9:42 PM

I believe you will learn that the problem was getting the defensive calls into the game in time for the dbs to make adjustments. Coach V hinted in his conference that this problem exists. Maybe the Tigers need to do like some other teams and fake a few injuries! I hope that we never stoop that low!

Nov 28, 2018, 3:07 PM

Yes. That was mentioned as a concern earlier during game week. There really isn't a fail-safe solution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope... neither Reed nor Conn would commit

Nov 26, 2018, 11:04 PM

career suicide to prove that they don't need to heed BV's directives for the defense... BV is arguably the most respected DC in CFB as well as being their immediate supervisor; those two have no where near the cache to buck or BV...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we need deroberts to come in here and say smdh***

Nov 26, 2018, 11:14 PM

Re: we need deroberts to come in here and say smdh***

Nov 28, 2018, 3:02 PM

TAKE CARE OF MY LIGHT WORK. THANKS

I'm not saying Reed or Conn are intentionally doing this

Nov 26, 2018, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Nope... neither Reed nor Conn would commit ]

I am just wondering why DBs were not in the right position to make plays - and leaving some WRs wide open. BV said he made no scheme adjustments during the game. He blamed it on technique. (I think I am saying that right). So, I am wondering who is coaching "technique". AND if there are not some subtle differences in what BV is telling DBs vs what they hear from Reed.

I think we can all admit that our DBs gave up WAY TOO MANY big plays Saturday.

We need the DC, DB coaches AND the players to all

Nov 28, 2018, 2:34 PM

be on the same page... what I saw was the players not being on the right page: looking too long into the backfield and not picking up the receiver when they enter their zone, two DBs play the out route leaving the post route uncovered, allowing receivers to cross the middle of the field and both safeties leaving the receiver to be the responsibility of the other safety and nobody covers him, DBs not pressing off the line to get receivers off their routes.

why did the DBs not consistently realize that there were going to be far more short throws than long? DB technique was truly awful for most of the night and safeties busted coverage regularly...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need the DC, DB coaches AND the players to all

Nov 28, 2018, 4:22 PM

After watching the SCar game it appeared the big plays seemed to be a breakdown in coverage down the middle of the field. This falls into MLB and Safety coverage breakdown. It also seemed that the defensive personnel were caught numerous times looking to the sideline for defensive call and SCar ran the play. Great as BV is sometimes it appears he waits to the last second to send in final defensive call and players dont have time to adjust when opposing offense snaps ball and runs the play. This usually results in defense giving up big play.

Re: We need the DC, DB coaches AND the players to all

Nov 28, 2018, 4:22 PM [ in reply to We need the DC, DB coaches AND the players to all ]

After watching the SCar game it appeared the big plays seemed to be a breakdown in coverage down the middle of the field. This falls into MLB and Safety coverage breakdown. It also seemed that the defensive personnel were caught numerous times looking to the sideline for defensive call and SCar ran the play. Great as BV is sometimes it appears he waits to the last second to send in final defensive call and players dont have time to adjust when opposing offense snaps ball and runs the play. This usually results in defense giving up big play.

Nov 26, 2018, 11:24 PM

B.V. dialed up man coverage most of the game. I like man coverage. Mickey Andrews played it exclusively at FSU in their glory days. The only downside of man is that you have n[ help. 1 mental mistake equates to huge yards on the field. I must admit, either USuC has a very hood O. line or their hogs played the game of their life.

Or the OL was holding? maybe?

Nov 26, 2018, 11:28 PM

but that does not explain wide open WRs

i think their o line is solid. Probably 2-3 best we’ve

Nov 28, 2018, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone wonder if BV and DB coach are on the same page? ]

Played this year

Truth Be Told

Nov 28, 2018, 2:59 PM

I don't think BV holds either in high regard.

Why doesn't the NCdoubleazz get on the stick and allow

Nov 28, 2018, 3:59 PM

helmet signals for the defensive coach to middle LB, as they do offensive playcalling to QB?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great idea, but i'm sure they would declare it to be

Nov 28, 2018, 5:00 PM

more advantageous to the defense than what the advantage is to the offense currently is... thereby creating a bigger disadvantage to the defense, lower scoring totals, blah blah blah blah blah...

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic