Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't text when you drive....really.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,117

Don't text when you drive....really.

Aug 3, 2018, 1:26 PM

MSU's strength coach found guilty of causing the deaths of a 35 year old woman and her 5 year old daughter in a car crash caused by his texting while driving.

He could get 30 years in jail, but has to live with what he did forever.

"Only a fool learns from his own mistakes." - Proverbs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't text when you drive....really.

Aug 3, 2018, 1:27 PM

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2018/07/former_msu_strength_coach_todd.html

I struggle with these sorts of crimes, sort of like fatal

Aug 3, 2018, 1:32 PM

drunk driving accidents, because EVERYONE who does these things is just as guilty and it comes down to a matter of luck if the road was clear or not when YOU were drinking or texting vs. the OTHER GUY who was drinking or texting.

So we need to bring in balance the true crime of DUI or Texting or whatever vs. the luck element of who got caught up in a wreck and who didn't who was engaged in the actual behavior.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont struggle with these things

Aug 3, 2018, 1:56 PM

And I dont usually see most things in black and white. But there is no gray/grey area here in my opinion.

You are operating a 2-ton weapon when you are behind the wheel. Many may text and drive or drink ans drive - but we all know the rules.

If I'm impaired behind the wheel (whether I'm drinking or texting or receiving fellatio....or all three at the same time) - and I cause an accident or death - its my bad, my decision, and I suffer the consequences.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On that last scenario.....

Aug 3, 2018, 2:40 PM

Would that make your passenger an accessory?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Anyone driving impaired is not unlucky.

Aug 3, 2018, 3:26 PM [ in reply to I struggle with these sorts of crimes, sort of like fatal ]

They made a choice. The ones who drive impaired and DO NOT cause an accident are the lucky ones. Why take that chance?

Could you give me the chapter and verse for that Proverb

Aug 3, 2018, 2:04 PM

I don't seem to recall it. I know some think Bismark said that.

It should say:
"A wise man learns from others mistakes,
The average man learns from his own mistakes,
and Fool doesn't even learn from his own mistakes."

Sad for the dead that this man couldn't learn from others' mistakes.

Re: Could you give me the chapter and verse for that Proverb

Aug 3, 2018, 2:12 PM

#### millennials. But seriously, I travel a good bit, lots of interstates, texting, Facebooking, Instagram, etc while driving is an epidemic. Please don't do it, because if I'm on the road, I'll let you know. I promise. I see cars swerving, speeding up, slowing down, holding up traffic in left lane. Need bigger fines. Or my gun.

Your cell phone knows

Aug 3, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Could you give me the chapter and verse for that Proverb ]

When you're moving. Why does the text function even work, if that's the case? Technology lets us down at least as much as it helps. Heck, make text a two-hands function if a vehicle is moving...at least passengers aren't affected. Just tossing ideas, but the distraction from phones is really getting out of hand. And we thought walking and chewing gum was an issue!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bc, passengers.***

Aug 3, 2018, 2:29 PM

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Don't text when you drive....really.

Aug 3, 2018, 2:22 PM

As sad as this is, this type of tough jail sentence may be what it takes to actually make a change in behavior of texting and driving. Most people think they are Ok to drive after a few drinks but many will not do it because they are worried about the consequences and costs of getting a DUI. When statistics say texting and driving is as bad as drinking and driving, it seems that the punishment for doing so would/should be similar. Currently the stigma of doing the two are no where near the same. I imagine in the coming years, we will see a tougher stance on the act rather than only once someone has died because of it.
Stay safe out there!

I'd much rather someone drive with .08 BAC than text.

Aug 3, 2018, 2:29 PM

Texting has to be much more dangerous than mildly drunk.

But unfortunately, we don't put you in jail for texting.

Aug 3, 2018, 2:30 PM

Makes zero sense.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,117
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic