Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody ever win the logical argument with their significant other...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 654

Anybody ever win the logical argument with their significant other...

Jun 24, 2019, 8:48 PM

But then be made to feel like they had lost the emotional argument?

It’s a tempestuous sea out here and I’m just barely doggy paddling at times.

Anyways dinner game is over, I won, but we are eating wherever the #### she feels like spending money. It’s not her preferred pronouncement, but it’s the one we agreed upon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My women wanted to go out and I told her...

Jun 24, 2019, 8:55 PM

I don’t feel like it and made a digiorno pizza instead. No complaints. But I’m not married to her so she still being nice to get that ring.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember those days. But if I’m being honest with myself and Tnet...

Jun 24, 2019, 8:58 PM

I would lose the complaint battle if my wife came on Tnet and dished about my flaws.

Today I win. But when she finds this spot in the jungle of war... I lose like a ############!

Question for someone in your enviable situation......

Jun 24, 2019, 9:18 PM [ in reply to My women wanted to go out and I told her... ]

Do you keep the possibility of marrying again out there to keep them putting out and being nice, or do you nix marriage from the get go and lose them? Just curious.

I mean if you meet a GF, go on a few dates, and inform her you're one and done on marriage, won't she just bolt? Or do they keep going thinking they can change your mind?

If you plan on marrying again I guess this doesn't apply. But if not, how does it work?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I played the dating game for a few years of separation.

Jun 24, 2019, 9:37 PM

I know tote1 would say marriage lol, but I would get married again. I just happened to get married to a crazy B the first time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 1st crazy B has no bearing on the 2nd crazy B

Jun 25, 2019, 8:36 AM

you'll marry. Or the third

Oh, yeah, for sure.

Jun 25, 2019, 8:45 AM [ in reply to I played the dating game for a few years of separation. ]

The next time you get married, it definitely won't be to a crazy B. You learned your lesson. For sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never get that.

Jun 25, 2019, 8:48 AM

Dudes get divorced and then rush right into the next marriage. The first one taking half their #### wasn't enough? Maybe, its not always the chick.

And I'm not necessarily talking about you JohnFBell®, i just mean in general.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never underestimate the power of the #####

Jun 25, 2019, 8:52 AM

Been making men do stupid #### for hundreds of thousands of years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there's more to it than that.

Jun 25, 2019, 8:55 AM

Some dudes can't be alone. They get all freaked out from some warped life validation--if they aren't married and have kids they think they are a failure or something. I thinks that's some deep childhood, Freudian, their father didn't love them enough stuff or something, but I've seen it enough to know its true.

I know women just like that too.***

Jun 25, 2019, 9:02 AM

There's a financial incentive for women

Jun 25, 2019, 9:04 AM

to be married, and divorced. I get that. Why a dude would sign up for all that more than once I don't get. There's certainly no financial benefit for it.

A guy sees it as two incomes now

Jun 25, 2019, 9:09 AM

and thinks they'll always be together forever

two incomes...lulz..as if***

Jun 25, 2019, 9:12 AM

lmao at "two incomes"

Jun 25, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to A guy sees it as two incomes now ]

Any man who has been married should know how that game is played. 'You' don't have two incomes, you get to pay for everything out of your income, and god only knows where hers disappears to. If I didn't know any better, I'd think female sex education is basically going over how to squirrel money away for yourself while you get a man to pay your way.

It's either a biological trait, or it's taught from an early age.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going into the holy matrimony the guys sees two incomes

Jun 25, 2019, 9:14 AM

I didn't says thats what reality is. I just said thats part of the financial enticement on the guys side of things

And if you lay the ground work ahead of time saying

Jun 25, 2019, 9:18 AM [ in reply to lmao at "two incomes" ]

I'll pay for our dates she'll follow suit and let you keep paying for everything

Hindsight's always 20/20

Jun 25, 2019, 9:28 AM

A lot of women under 30 don't really seem to think they should have to do anything. Especially if they've got a full time job, too. So what if you've worked all day, come home and cut the grass, run the weedeater, and washed my car....THEY NEED HELP UNLOADING THIS DISHWASHER SO THEY CAN GET BACK TO THE SOFA!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its not just under 30

Jun 25, 2019, 9:30 AM

There's a false sense of entitlement some women have that has nothing to do with age.

Hey, that 50 Shades fanfic isn't going to read itself.***

Jun 25, 2019, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Hindsight's always 20/20 ]

There was a sloot at work whos been married 4 times now

Jun 25, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to I never get that. ]

3 baby daddies and two of the ex's worked with us as well. She was playing marriage hop scotch.

She's using marriages as a career.

Jun 25, 2019, 8:57 AM

I've wondered why more women don't do this--maybe some do? I dunno.

I mean from what I can tell, if a woman can get a dude who makes enough money to support them marry them, they can skate through life and never have to work.

Thats a champion right there***

Jun 25, 2019, 8:57 AM

Re: Question for someone in your enviable situation......

Jun 24, 2019, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Question for someone in your enviable situation...... ]

I never met a woman who didn't think she had the best sex in the world. I may have contributed to all but one having that delusion. Of course they think they can change your mind if marriage is their ultimate goal.

I had one GF who didn't want to get married and she was one of the few I suspect I could probably gotten along with. She refuse to let me pay all the time and tried as hard to spend her money on me as I did her.

Unfortunately, her mama died and the months we spent at the hospital sleeping in lounger type chairs and showering in the facilities there took a toll on our relationship. My ex and the GF's best friend confounded the situation and I got tired of refuting what she was hearing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well you can't really blame them.

Jun 25, 2019, 8:52 AM

Men start telling them how beautiful and perfect they are from the time they are in middle school (talking about you CS02).

In a lot of ways, men make their own problems later on.

I love when they lie about the big "o"

Jun 25, 2019, 9:01 AM

I always kinda looked at that like cheating on a math test.

Jun 25, 2019, 9:06 AM

Who are they really hurting?

It's just a sign of a less than honest and manipulative

Jun 25, 2019, 9:38 AM

woman. It is almost always present in marriages that end. They fake the "o" to make the guy feel good. Feel like a king. Feel secure that he "has" her. It's all BS.

I...umm...know women who faked every ######, with every man, every time. THEN, the FIRST time they have a real one (from sex) is the very next time they do it after the man proposes. And to this day this woman would deny ever faking a single time.

Amazing what all you can learn about women from their friends that you never knew. They have entire planning sessions on sex, hence knowledge for the reason for faking. It's just common knowledge you fake ####### to make the guy feel good. SOP really.

Well, in the end

Jun 25, 2019, 9:47 AM

(lulz), it really hurts her more than it does the guy.

Yep.***

Jun 25, 2019, 9:48 AM

I used to be that way. Beware of gaslighting.

Jun 24, 2019, 9:09 PM

You ever had someone say they told you something you KNOW they never said. Or said something that was just plain wrong, as an absolute fact, then when you prove them wrong they claim ignorance?

It's one thing to forget something you didn't do, but it's pretty hard to forget something you DID do. Or say you did something you didn't do.

My wife does this crap all the time, or used to. It used to freak me out, but now I just ignore it because I know she's full of ####, and more importantly she knows I know she's full of ####. She would sit there and swear up and down she told me something, when I can prove she didn't. Or she'll just spout off some total BS as if it's 100% true, KNOWING it isn't, but refusing to even qualify her answer. And then lie, and then double and triple down on it. Never apologizing when caught.

She's got issues. I can only assume she doesn't pull this garbage at work. Otherwise she'd have been fired.

Anyway, we don't argue anymore because if we ever get into it, she knows she'll slip up and gaslight, get busted, and I'll flat out call her on it. She used to win so many arguments coming up with some BS I couldn't refute. Not anymore.

I don’t know about gaslighting and what not...

Jun 24, 2019, 9:18 PM

But the order was completely wrong, and she don’t give a ####. She didn’t know that I had an entire bag of beef jerky just waiting to get eaten.

I'm beginning to think you simply like the arguments

Jun 25, 2019, 8:39 AM [ in reply to I used to be that way. Beware of gaslighting. ]

Nobody stays in something like that for long. Its miserable, draining, and pointless.

Oddly she is the one who likes the arguments.

Jun 25, 2019, 8:46 AM

She's positively giddy after a good argument. To the point it's weird.

You have analyzed the argumentation thing to the point

Jun 25, 2019, 8:50 AM

of writing a thesis on human psychology.

You're into it.

Not really. We rarely argue.

Jun 25, 2019, 9:42 AM

But she seems like freaky happy after one for some reason. Even if I "win". It's just weird. But if I had to guess, I'd say she definitely likes them. I hate arguing. It's pointless really.

After about 6-10 years of marriage I won all the arguments.

Jun 24, 2019, 9:34 PM

I #### and refused to argue. That's as close to a win as a man's gonna get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After a few years together

Jun 24, 2019, 9:43 PM

Mr OSF and myself decided arguing wasn't worth it... trash being taken out.. no big deal.
Dinner burnt.. who cares. Clothes turn pink... just laugh about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^This^^***

Jun 24, 2019, 10:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was contracting in Keoee Kyes for Bob Shirkey from 6 mi..

Jun 25, 2019, 4:14 PM [ in reply to After a few years together ]

a while back. I was wearing one of those pink Tee shirts and passed him on the road to lunch. We stopped, cars side by side pointed in opposite directions when he commented that he liked my tee shirt.

I told him I had jockey shorts to match and offered to loan them to him if he was going out sometime.

I've been male my entire life, I swear. When I was 13 I knew better than to wash red with whites. Over the years I began to do my own laundry to make sure my shirts weren't burnt by drying them on high and my drawers didn't turn lavender or purple from being washed with my bluejeans.

She thinks she won but her inability to pizs me off was pure torture to her.

I'm never wrong. Just ask Mr OSF.

Jun 24, 2019, 9:41 PM

he'll say I'm wrong at times... but he is wrong.

I'm never wrong!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to testify.

Jun 24, 2019, 9:42 PM

OSF is never wrong and please don't read my reply to the OP.

You may think you're winning

Jun 24, 2019, 9:49 PM

but trust me, you ain't winning ####.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I know, it's like.

Jun 25, 2019, 4:17 PM

Where do you want to eat tonight? She like, I don't care, something fast will do. U B like, whatever sweetheart, it's your choice.

She B like, no you say and U B like, I think XXXX will be OK and she B like your sonabitch I know you was funcking that whoar, slut, #####...

I got very lucky

Jun 24, 2019, 10:25 PM

Neither one of us is afraid to say I was wrong. And by "I" I mean me. We would have divorced long ago if we weren't both such procrastinators.

On the cereal side. She asked me early on if I loved her. I said I liked her and was learning to love her. That sounded strange to her and she almost said no to my proposal. I've truly learned to love her a little more each day, for the past 40 years.

I loved her...

Jun 24, 2019, 10:53 PM

I’m learning to like her.

I work every ####### day as hard as my fat ### can! That’s not an exaggeration. I don’t mind admitting that I’m a 2 with a 10. I didn’t ask for her to spend the rest of her days worrying about buying meals and I’m not demanding she prepare them. But the occasional pretense that she cares about me being fed would be appreciated. I’m glad she shows up with ChickFilA for 3. That means my kids got lunch at some point today. Even if it is 3:39 pm and they are half passed out in the back of my van payment. But what about the Chick-fil-A that I ordered for my ####### self? I don’t even like Chick-fil-A #####! I wanted Mexican! Even if it was the Mexican I cooked!

This isn’t aimed at you exactly. I’m just drunkenly venting. (Sorry if I used cuss words. I’m not allowed to use cuss words here at the house.)

After re-reading for edit... maybe I’m drunk.

Jun 24, 2019, 11:04 PM

Anyways Post Malone is hot as fuct. And this is why I live Mexican food so much. Don’t care !!’

https://youtu.be/a4ysejgZiuE

Re: I got very lucky

Jun 25, 2019, 4:22 PM [ in reply to I got very lucky ]

Wow! You are OLD. I thought you would have been a young gun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have

Jun 25, 2019, 5:25 PM

a 20 year old mind and a 59 year old body. They are in constant conflict with each other.

Bill Burr had a good segment on this subject

Jun 25, 2019, 12:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNSt3wJXZk0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread is #DeepJounge. I lose alot of arguments and

Jun 25, 2019, 8:54 AM

rarely win them, but in the end, it really doesn't matter. Plus, I like knocking boots and them boots are fun to knock.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I win 100% of the arguments I participate in with the wife

Jun 25, 2019, 9:34 AM

But its like winning on a penny slot. The thrill might be there, but the payoff was always going to be #### and Im still a loser sitting at the Playboy slot at 5:30 in the morning with a Bud Light Lime in my hand.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Response from an el Christian.

Jun 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

I am way more logical and can think faster than my wife... so yes, I would 'win' most arguments. And then lose by creating strife in our marriage. A temporary rift in our oneness.

What I learned was dont argue to win. Argue to come to an agreement. Someone is only 'wrong' if they are not trying to move closer to the Lord.

We learned in a hard way that she will try to work things out verbally while I wont say anything unless I have thought everything through and know that it is how I feel. There was a lot of bad communication in our marriage early on.

Most folks are terrible arguers.

Jun 25, 2019, 9:46 AM

Arguing to "win" is pretty pointless. Like you said, nobody wins that argument.

Certainly not dogging your response, but I don't think

Jun 25, 2019, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Response from an el Christian. ]

that just pertains to a Christian point of view. I think alot of people realize that arguments in a relationship are mostly pointless and work towards a common ground. Sometimes we fuss with each other, but most of the time we meat in the middle.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is good advice for everyone.

Jun 25, 2019, 9:52 AM

But the focus was to move closer to the Lord in everything that you do... including arguing. That would be where the non-Christian wouldnt relate.

I haven't had a argument with Sonja in the 4 yrs. we've.....

Jun 25, 2019, 10:06 AM

been seeing each other. That being said, we aren't married either.

Plus we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like so why waste time arguing. Also the past can teach you lessons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've found my g-spot.

Jun 25, 2019, 4:24 PM

I had a GF, Kim for about 18 months. She worked swing shift 10s, 4 on, 3 off, 3 on, 4 off. Every other weekend she worked. I did what I wanted on her working weekends and we were extremely happy to get together when she wasn't.

That's how marriage should be. I suggest you endeavor to maintain and let that marriage chit for the ignorant.

Dude... just got in a fight with Wifeof over junk mail

Jun 25, 2019, 10:41 AM

We both stayed home today instead of going back to work after vacation. I shoulda gone to work. Would have, if I knew she was also staying home.

###### junk mail!***

Jun 25, 2019, 10:43 AM

She's always right

Jun 25, 2019, 10:43 AM

Even when she's wrong.

Replies: 60
| visibility 654
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic