Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any advice on eateries in Edisto?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Any advice on eateries in Edisto?

May 18, 2019, 2:27 PM

I'm beyond blessed this weekend. I'm watching the PGA championship while my little girl naps off a big morning of laughs and smiles on the beach. My mother is at the beach with us to help watch the kids so my wife and I can spend some quality time together. Life is good after almost 6 months of no sleep with our new son.

With that said, I'm new to Edisto island and am open to suggestions on eateries. Everyone seems to pump Whaleys, is it the top? Where should we go for fresh seafood? Thanks for any and all help this Saturday.

Sorry for the long post, but where do I have to be? Hahahaha.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any advice on eateries in Edisto?***

May 18, 2019, 2:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

At least you added humble.***

May 18, 2019, 2:36 PM

dude. He has a baby and went to the beach. Really?***

May 18, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Any advice on eateries in Edisto?*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BUTTWIPE EVER?***

May 18, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Any advice on eateries in Edisto?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pressley’s has great seafood**

May 18, 2019, 2:30 PM

Nm

Re: Also try Jungle shacks and the Waterfront**

May 18, 2019, 2:55 PM

Nm

Lived over there for 20 years. Pretty much everything

May 18, 2019, 2:45 PM

is mediocre and overpriced.

That said, Whaley's used to have a really good prime rib sandwich. I can't promise you they still do though because it's been 5 or 6 years since i had one.

Re: Lived over there for 20 years. Pretty much everything

May 18, 2019, 3:54 PM

I tend to agree with that. Not really the place for great food. Nice and relaxing though.

bring a sandwich***

May 18, 2019, 2:56 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any advice on eateries in Edisto?

May 18, 2019, 3:50 PM

Ella & Ollie's (inside Wyndham) -- great food & to-die-for raspberry jalapeno margarita if you go for that kind of stuff. :)

Waterfront on Jungle Rd. -- Pecan encrusted flounder; prime rib

Pressley's -- good flounder sandwich that you can eat as a $10 flounder plate by skipping the bun
-- Pressley's is (or at least used to be) owned by people that owned the Capri's in I think Anderson, but I may be mistaken about which location. They have good lasagna and chicken parm too.

Ella's and Ollie's also does tacos for limited hours -- something like 12 - 4, but you can't get the margarita until after 5.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 4:03 PM

I have always said that if I found out that I had a terminal disease and had one year to live, I would move to Edisto because it would seem like an eternity!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 4:04 PM

My daughter and I will be going down next Sunday (May 26). We go to Charleston for the best seafood. Have a meeting in Charleston at Blossoms on Monday at noon. Two cousins will join us at Edisto so we usually do our seafood in house. We go there to relax and for me it's a week of absolutely doing nothing, not even on the internet so, hold all of the good stuff until I get back in Clemson.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 4:09 PM

Edisto is very casual and low key. Waterfront is probably about the nicest restaurant, on Jungle Rd. McConkey’s Jungle Shack has great food too. Also, on Jungle Rd, behind Bi-Lo. You can show up in your swimsuit and flip-flops. They’ve got great fish tacos. Best thing to do, though, is go to a local seafood market ( I like Flower’s) and get a couple pounds of shrimp and cook your own.

Sea cow eatery

May 18, 2019, 4:15 PM

Great Breakfast. (French toast and their grits)
Seafood is also very good

May 18, 2019, 4:48 PM

Sea Cow has the best fried flounder in the country. They have other fresh seafood selections as well. And they alwayss have homemade pies for desert. You don’t go there for the ambiance. It’s literally is a whole in the wall. But the food is very good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 7:12 AM

Seacow for breakfast. Whaley's is good for lunch or dinner, it gets really crowded on karaoke nights. We always go to one of the seafood markets and get whatever fish is fresh , shrimp and blue crabs.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic