Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another so called "journalist" attacks Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Another so called "journalist" attacks Clemson

Aug 21, 2019, 1:24 PM

I'm not gonna link the article nor will i identify the news outlet (and i use news loosely), but if you know who Will Folks is you know what site i'm referring to. This guy is a usuc grad and he writes a piece today quoting...get this...a Michigan guy saying that a unnamed team offered rashan gary 300k to sign him. He goes on to say it wasn't Ohio State so naturally Folks makes the leap to it must be Clemson. He also wrote some other BS distorting what Steve Smith said to fit his narrative.
I don't quite understand why this offseason Clemson has been attacked so vigorously by the media. I can't recall Alabama ever catching this much heat in the news.....or was i just not paying attention?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another so called "journalist" attacks Clemson

Aug 21, 2019, 1:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Im not sure you grasps the serianus of the sityouashun!

Aug 21, 2019, 1:38 PM

Article is so upsetting OP can't even link to it!
CAN'T EVEN LINK TO IT! That's pirple pill inducing!

You herring wut I'm preach'n?

when you’re the king if the hill everyone wants to knock you

Aug 21, 2019, 1:32 PM

Off.

The coots know they can’t catch us or beat us fair and square. They have to hope for some sort of scandal to end our run.. it’s not going to happen

The funny thing is the Michigan writer claims Gary was offered $300k and went to Michigan instead. How deluded was the Michigan writer that thinks Michigan is such a great program that someone gave up $300k to go there for free?!

There have been articles with anonymous sec coaches saying Saban is dirty. He owns a car lot that provides vehicles for players. They love deer antler spray, etc. nobody cares about unsubstantiated claims, as they shouldn’t.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 1:32 PM

Will Folks is not a journalist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 21, 2019, 1:40 PM

Yeah i probably should've used writer instead. I think this is the same DA that used to do a bit on 96wave radio station in Charleston back in the day. Called himself the southern avenger.

Aug 21, 2019, 8:55 PM

Wasn't he the one that tried a hatchet job on Gov. Nicki?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Another so called "journalist" attacks Clemson ]

FITSNews (usuc fan felt the need to alert me)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Michigan Ad accused a school at ther time of offering

Aug 21, 2019, 1:33 PM

incentives to Gary. All but named Ole MI$$. But, it was the one thing that the NCAA didn't hang on Ole MI$$

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Rashan-Gary-offered-incentives-during-recruitment-1553582

You really don't understand why? It is very simple. Clemson

Aug 21, 2019, 1:33 PM

is a non-SEC school who has elbowed their way into the Championship table. We have caused ESPN hacks to have egg on ye olde face, and they do not like it one little bit. We are showing no signs of going away anytime soon, so they are scrambling for ANYTHING they can throw out there to cast us in a less favorable light.

I really do expect some of this to change once the ACC Network launches. Once that happens, insults will be family on family crime, journalistically speaking, since Disney owns all these networks. And, as we have already seen with the massive cutbacks on staffing at ESPN, etc, Disney don't play around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You really don't understand why? It is very simple. Clemson

Aug 21, 2019, 7:25 PM

Well he said it wasn't O31O so everyone just assumed it was Clemson. Another big time program recruiting Gary hard at the time was Auburn. Imagine that, no one mentions them and they were getting extra cash from the SEC Network. Don't know if anything happened there, just saying .......

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that site basically a tabloid?***

Aug 21, 2019, 1:38 PM

Yes, that site isn't taken seriously by anyone.***

Aug 21, 2019, 4:50 PM

Aug 21, 2019, 1:41 PM

Wasn't this the same kid who allegedly received a racist voicemail from a fan right before his official visit?

Aug 21, 2019, 1:44 PM

All Jim Harbaugh did was offer Gary's high school coach a job.(which he took)

A little background on this guy. He's a proven liar and sleazeball.

Aug 21, 2019, 1:50 PM

-Arrested for domestic violence
-Was sued for defamation by a SC congressman after he wrote that he was soon to be indicted on ethics charges. Proven false and he lost.
-Claimed that he had an affair with Gov. Haley. He may or may not have, but tried to sell the story so that's classy.

He's a POS and has no credibility.

This 'story' is a couple of weeks old and died already...

Aug 21, 2019, 1:59 PM

Let's not resurrect it, nor give him clicks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This 'story' is a couple of weeks old and died already...

Aug 21, 2019, 2:08 PM

It's got todays date. Unless it's been republished to garner more clicks.

Re: This 'story' is a couple of weeks old and died already...

Aug 21, 2019, 3:03 PM

Yeah, it was spotlighted on Yahoo, I believe it was. I'm not gonna go through the trash to find it. It was c rap then and it's c rap now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

also seems like someone from that site claimed

Aug 21, 2019, 9:59 PM [ in reply to A little background on this guy. He's a proven liar and sleazeball. ]

they had a big story to break about something that happened with the usuc football team while in charlotte for the bowl game last year...yet of course nothing ever came of it

Aug 21, 2019, 1:59 PM

If you google Will Folks the second link to show up is about losing a libel case. Pretty much all you need to know.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 21, 2019, 2:03 PM

Also fits was fake news before fake news was popular. By far one of the most sleazy sites I've seen.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 21, 2019, 2:00 PM

The headline for the trash article popped up on Google and I didn’t click on it. That guy is a prick wanting to get attention any way he can. Definition of a bottom feeder.

Aug 21, 2019, 3:10 PM

Clemson is getting "Trumped".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 3:34 PM

I can't recall Alabama ever catching this much heat in the news.....or was i just not paying attention?

You weren't paying attention.

It comes with being on the mountaintop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 4:23 PM

Will Folks is 100% not a journalist or a writer. He’s a guy with a website, a criminal record, and a history of lies and attention grabbing. He’s the original fake news.

Aug 21, 2019, 6:23 PM

Even Finebaum blew that crap out of the water today... Wouldn't even discuss it...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 7:36 PM

Well P.F. did say Clemson had no morals. He's still stirring the pot.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back in Jan 2016 ,when Michigan's AD first made

Aug 21, 2019, 6:47 PM

the claim that incentives were made at an award ceremony in Atlanta,everyone assumed it was Ole Miss. Seen over on the Chicken boards, some are claiming it was Auburn. I reemember that Auburn ,along with Ole Miss was trying to get to him that weekend in Atlanta.

Of course, even then ,it's still a claim from a school that hired his high school coach and gave "several" local scholarships.

FITS News, lulz.***

Aug 21, 2019, 6:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 7:01 PM

The person putting this out again is a Michigan writer who is trying to sale his book. He also doesn’t name Clemson at all. Just a way to get his name on everyone’s radar so they will buy his book.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic