Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another Manning QB in the pipeline, why not bring him to Tiger land?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Another Manning QB in the pipeline, why not bring him to Tiger land?

Jun 24, 2019, 8:53 AM

Copper Manning's son is a stud in the making. They say Tenn or Ole Miss....na. My money is on Dabo & Co recruiting him.

https://fanbuzz.com/high-school/southeast/arch-manning-spring-game/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't have two 16's

Jun 24, 2019, 9:07 AM

Something would have to give, and no one is taking away Trevor's number! And it will surely be retired when he is gone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't have two 16's

Jun 24, 2019, 9:35 AM

Surely we have learned to retire the jersey and not the number?

Let’s trust our staff on which QBs to offer as their track record is adequate

If he's as good as Peyton, Ok. If he's on Eli's level,

Jun 24, 2019, 9:41 AM

no thanks. Just because he's a Manning it doesn't make him an elite QB.

Eli was a great college QB

Jun 24, 2019, 10:24 AM

And has 2 Super Bowls. I’d take that resume over most living QB’s. He carried really really bad Ole Miss teams

Re: If he's as good as Peyton, Ok. If he's on Eli's level,

Jun 24, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to If he's as good as Peyton, Ok. If he's on Eli's level, ]

I know you're being tongue in cheek, but Eli was actually a really good college QB. I mean, look what he had to work with at Ole Miss and he still made them respectable for a few years.

Jun 24, 2019, 11:41 AM [ in reply to If he's as good as Peyton, Ok. If he's on Eli's level, ]

You do realize that Eli's stats as a starter (3 years) on Ole Miss nearly match those of Peyton (started 4 years). Eli can make a case that he was the better of the two in college... and maybe professionally.

To all 3 of you... Eli Manning couldn't carry Trevor

Jun 24, 2019, 12:22 PM

Lawrence's jockstrap, and probably not DJ's, either. That's the sort of talent the bar has been raised to. I don't give a rat'sass what he did at Ole Miss or in 2 super bowls. He's also an arrogant POS. I observed his behavior in the '03 NFL draft very carefully and I wanted to punch him in the nuts. But, I'm just talking about QB talent alone. Forget his ####### personality. When he was at Ole Miss he was NOT on the level of Trevor, Watson, or DJ.

Correction... make that the '04 draft, when incidentally

Jun 24, 2019, 12:26 PM

he acted like a little ##### and refused to go to San Diego.

Re: To all 3 of you... Eli Manning couldn't carry Trevor

Jun 24, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to To all 3 of you... Eli Manning couldn't carry Trevor ]

You’re be comparing Eli Manning to a high school QB? Are you being threatened by Eli Manning?

Check your reading comp. I'm only comparing where he was

Jun 24, 2019, 12:40 PM

at Ole Miss to where our guys are at Clemson. And, yes, DJ will be WAY better than Eli Manning ever had time to be in college. See my post about his 'greatness' at Ole Miss below.

Re: Check your reading comp. I'm only comparing where he was

Jun 24, 2019, 1:57 PM

LOL, you must be a freezing cold takes regular then.

-30-

Re: To all 3 of you... Eli Manning couldn't carry Trevor

Jun 24, 2019, 12:42 PM [ in reply to To all 3 of you... Eli Manning couldn't carry Trevor ]

Clemson is best... no doubt.

But if you look at Eli vs DW4, there are nearly identical... and if Eli played with a modern style of offense, then it would be interesting as DW4 has a more favorable scheme to work with. Still, Eli is gifted and IF he could have played for Dabo, he would likely have some hardware.

Total passing yards:
Eli: 10,286
DW4: 10,168

Winner: DW4 because Eli had about 600 scrub yards as a backup his first year.

Eli: 84-36
DW4: 90-32

Winner: DW4

That being said, Eli was posting DW4 like numbers at Ole Miss.... A team that only had 1 winning SEC record during his 3 years. Definitely did not have the weapons that DW4 had and was handicap playing in the short-bus offense of the SEC. Still, you don't make it as an NFL starter and multiple SB wins by being a hack.

Watson also had athleticism and attitude that Eli could

Jun 24, 2019, 12:49 PM

only dream of. I'll take Trevor Lawrence over Eli Manning all day every day. It's not even close.

And let's talk about how 'great' he was at Ole Miss...

Jun 24, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: If he's as good as Peyton, Ok. If he's on Eli's level, ]

He completed 61% which is respectable. He threw 84 TDs and 36 INTs. Thirty six. XXXVI. Deeze many.

The guy threw an INT for 2.5 TDs he threw. He had significant yardage, but what were the results? Eli Manning is/was highly overrated because of his name. I'm not saying he sucks, but he ain't all that.

Jun 24, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: If he's as good as Peyton, Ok. If he's on Eli's level, ]

Eli better than Peyton professionally?!! Are you smoking crack?

Peyton Manning is the greatest football player to ever grace a football field. Give him Belichick and the Pats defense, he has 10 super bowl rings. He was the entire team for his entire career in Indy and went to two Super Bowls with Denver, who has sucked since then even with the same defense. The team he put in his back and took to 10-6 despite leading the league by far in injuries went 2-14 the next year after starting 0-14. He went to 4 Super Bowls with 4 different coaches and two different teams, winning two. He literally changed how the QB position is played. He was MVP 5 times, and he was robbed twice more besides! He was first team All-Pro 7 times and second team another 3. 10 times he was considered one of the two best QB’s in the league that year, and no other QB comes close to that achievement. He retired as the all-time and single season leader in passing yards and touchdowns despite playing far fewer career games then the guy whose record he broke and the guys still playing who broker or will break his career records.

Seriously, how can anyone ever say Eli had a better career professionally? That’s the worst take I’ve read all year.

Eli literally never won a playoff game without his defense allowing no more than 20 points.

Eli also barely even sniffs one of those super bowls

Jun 24, 2019, 12:54 PM

without David Tyree making one of the sickest catches I've seen in 45 years of paying attention to the game.

Jun 24, 2019, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: If he's as good as Peyton, Ok. If he's on Eli's level, ]

Marino is the best. Next.

Eli's "peak" is better than Peyton's "Peak". Eli is the more "clutch" of the two. Who has the best season of the two for passing yards? Eli.

Which QB... well Eli and Peyton have IDENTICAL QB ratings in the playoffs. 87.4. Removing all the scrub teams, they are equals.

Next the Denver "defense" won Peyton's 2nd Superbowl. Peyton was average/sub-average his last season. You really can't hold that to Eli without considering that the same is ever more true for Peyton. But we tigers should know that defense wins championships.

The other interesting thing is that teams invested in offensive players around Peyton, you can't say the same about Eli.

Oh, and what was Peyton record in an open-air venue? Eli played in the worst place on other outside of Columbia.

Oh and Peyton would lose to this guy

Jun 24, 2019, 1:48 PM

Are you aware Peyton has the most come from behind victories in NFL history as well as the largest come from behind victory in AFC or NFC history? He also lost more playoff games after leading in the last 2 minutes than any other QB in history. Your analysis is just flat wrong.

Jun 24, 2019, 1:49 PM

I include the game about playoff losses after winning in the last 2 minutes to show it was his defense that wasn’t clutch.

Oh, and Peyton has a higher playoff passer rating than Tom Brady. That’s a very flawed stat.

Jun 24, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: If he's as good as Peyton, Ok. If he's on Eli's level, ]

Also, Peyton literally has the single season NFL record for passing yards (5,477) and touchdowns (55). So I don’t know where you are pulling your fake news from.

Re: Another Manning QB in the pipeline, why not bring him to Tiger land?

Jun 24, 2019, 10:15 AM

I think Cutcliffe at Duke coached the previous Mannings, so he will probably go there.

Jun 24, 2019, 10:47 AM

We are fine at QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 2023 recruit

Jun 24, 2019, 11:47 AM

Are we getting a little ahead of ourselves here?

Jun 24, 2019, 11:53 AM

Stop retiring Jersey numbers. It's insane. In fact, unretire all numbers and honor the prestigious player with a patch on the jersey. Makes a lot of sense.

You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a

Jun 24, 2019, 12:05 PM

great quarterback. We don't need that one.

How much swinging of dead cats do you do?

Jun 24, 2019, 12:10 PM

He’s also a 2023 recruit which would in theory be the year DJ leaves and possibly Taisun’s 5th year. He would be a welcome addition should that time come

is he not going to play for Cutcliffe ?***

Jun 24, 2019, 1:00 PM

Who cares about Peyton and Eli Manning

Jun 24, 2019, 2:42 PM

Neither one of them are ever going to play for the Tigers. If Cooper's son is going to be elite and good enough for the Tigers, then I hope Dabo and the coaches try to land him here.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic