Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zeke is unhappy with Jerry’s comments....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Zeke is unhappy with Jerry’s comments....

Aug 19, 2019, 8:07 PM

I despise the Cowboys (lifelong Falcons fan....sigh) and am not a big Jerry Jones fan, BUT

Headline is that Zeke is unhappy with Jerry Jones comments. Why do we care what Zeke has to say.?

Media giving way too much attention, especially to someone accused of:
1) domestic violence (Florida, Ohio and Texas)
2) groping women
3) marijuana
4) driving offenses

And, he has TWO years left on his contract.

I would fine him the max for the duration of his hold out and say good bye.

I’d rather lose with integrity than let these clowns try and strong arm more money.

As if we needed any more reason to continue our dominance of Ohio State.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A snowflake is superseded only by

Aug 19, 2019, 8:08 PM

A millionaire snowflake! Poor, poor little physically talented, mindless cretin.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drama in NFL - just interview the cheerleaders ......

Aug 19, 2019, 8:08 PM

what a bunch of wankers .......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Drama in NFL - just interview the cheerleaders ......

Aug 19, 2019, 11:23 PM

our neighbor grew up in east London (Cockney) and we hear 'wanker' all the time, but 1st time I've heard some other than her say it. LOL +1

Re: Zeke is unhappy with Jerry’s comments....

Aug 19, 2019, 8:13 PM

Good deal. Hopefully Zeke sits out the entire season and the Cowboys go 3-13. I don't like him or Jerry or the Cow-idiots.

nfl players seem to ##### and moan

Aug 19, 2019, 8:17 PM

about everything these days..some dimwit on the panthers was crying about jay z the other day over that moron colin

Re: nfl players seem to ##### and moan

Aug 19, 2019, 9:03 PM

The Cowboys don’t win because of Jerry......which is perfect.

Another Dumpster Product of The Ohio State Fallacy***

Aug 19, 2019, 9:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another Dumpster Product of The Ohio State Fallacy***

Aug 19, 2019, 9:50 PM

That which is called "Social Media" causes all this. Unfortunately, I believe we better get used to it. It's a Brave New World... (oh, as I respond on social media.)

any decent back can look like an all-pro behind that o-line. Did you

Aug 20, 2019, 6:35 AM

See what happened to Demarco Murray when he left the cowboys for the Eagles.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Aug 20, 2019, 9:06 AM

It's easy to jump on the player for this, but if you look deeper, it's economically understandable from both sides. Most teams are using platoon backfields made up of mid-round draft picks and FAs. But there are a few exceptions like the Cowboys, Giants, Panthers, and Rams who drafted a true feature back in the 1st round. A typical feature RB getting 300+ touches (rushing and receiving) per year might play for 7-8 years before they start to experience a significant drop in ability. 1st round draft picks get signed to a 4 year contract, but they also have a 5th year option. For most positions, if they player is a stud, teams will work out a long term deal before that 5th year. But since RBs generally have such a short career, teams are starting to lean towards playing out that 5th year, and in the case of the Steelers and Bell, squeezing one more year out in the the way of a franchise tag before dumping the player and moving on to the next guy. Now in this 6 year structure including a year under the franchise tag, a RB drafted in the upper half of the 1st round is still going to clear over $30M in career earnings. But if they got a second contract that paid according to their ability and how much they were used, they'd likely earn over twice as much on that second contract alone.

It makes sense for the team. They don't want to commit to a 5 year contract worth $60+M for a guy that could potentially fade significantly 2 years into it. But it's also very understandable that they player would be upset. They get run into the ground for 5 or 6 years and then cast aside while their peers at other positions go on to sign huge deals that set them up for life.

Elliot has had some off-field issues, but his 6-game suspension in 2017 was highly questionable especially compared with some other instances that have resulted in no punishment from the league. And when he's played, he's been the undeniable focal point of the Dallas offense, and when he hasn't they've struggled. That team relies on him heavily as evidence by the fact that he's basically the only RB in the league getting 300 carries a year (if you extrapolate 2017 when he only played 10 games). He sees the writing on the wall at this point, that Dallas intends to get their 5-6 years and cast him off as used goods where he might land a 1 or 2 year FA deal before dropping off and being forced to retire.

Aug 20, 2019, 9:16 AM

Who is zeke?

One of the best college RBs in the last decade***

Aug 20, 2019, 10:24 AM

Re: One of the best college RBs in the last decade***

Aug 20, 2019, 10:40 AM

Oh Ezekiel Elliot from the NFL Dallas Cowboys, got it.

Aug 20, 2019, 10:42 AM

"Why do we care what Zeke has to say.?"

You seem to care a lot. You tell me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pro Football

Aug 20, 2019, 11:31 AM

I have generally stopped watching NFL football. There was a time when I would watch it any day it was on and really enjoyed it regardless of who was playing. My parents are from New Hampshire originally but relocated down here 25 years ago so I grew up as a New England sports fan no matter what sport it was.

Certainly pull for the Patriots, and I keep up with the guys that played at Clemson and wish them good health and success even when they play the Pats. Thanks to Jon Gruden we are all going to be Raider fans real soon.

Other than that I do not watch the NFL aside from a glance at some scores on a Sunday afternoon. Guys like Zeke have turned me away from the game. I am all about 2nd chances for people, but guys like Zeke have had more than their share of chances and still pout and whine.

Thank goodness for college football! Even as hard as ESPN tries to drive the SEC down everyone's throat it is still the best game!

Who are Zeke and Jerry?

Aug 20, 2019, 11:48 AM

Nevermind. I don’t care.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder what percentage of.......

Aug 20, 2019, 12:42 PM

....Clemson season ticket holders follow the NFL closely?

I usually see 8 or 9 Clemson games in person each year. I watch the other regular season games on TV. I live in Charlotte and so attend the ACC Championship Game. Then there are the CFP games.

Given that much college football, the political bs, the labor/management contract crap, the celebrity worship, the owner foolishness and so forth associated with the NFL, I don't pay the pro game any attention at all until the playoffs, when I might see a couple of games.

Am I a typical or atypical Clemson fan regarding the NFL?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder what percentage of.......

Aug 20, 2019, 7:34 PM

You just described me except I don’t live near Charlotte.

Aug 20, 2019, 4:39 PM

You omitted that he's also a dead ringer for an Ewok .

I saw where his agent made a statement about how Jerry Jones made a mean joke about Zeke and now they're both upset wiss hims .

I swear , millionaire babies are the worst , huh ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 20, 2019, 8:02 PM

I've seen a lot of premodanna types in the league but this guy has been nothing but a constant problem, on multiple levels, his entire career. He makes T.O. look sane.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic