Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ankle Surgery, Steel Cables and Rehab
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,643

Ankle Surgery, Steel Cables and Rehab

Jan 2, 2019, 7:34 PM

Is there anyone who believes Tua's ankle is completely healed? Hard to tell since OU didn't put real pressure on him. None of the talking heads seem to be talking about this concern.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ankle Surgery, Steel Cables and Rehab

Jan 2, 2019, 7:37 PM

Little Nicky probably instructed them to keep their mouths shut.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 7:43 PM

24-27 for 318 and 4 TDs.... I would have to say he's healed up because not healed when it's an ankle issue that you require holding weight when you throw, hitting open receivers is difficult enough much less with defenders.. He's 100% or very close to it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 8:31 PM

Of course he can complete 24 - 27 when he's playing catch. OU had 1 total sack and ZERO QB pressures during the game. One time total did the OU defense get to Tua before he threw the ball.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 9:29 PM

As an MD...NO!

With an internal fixation of the ankle like this one, healing requires at least 6 weeks for an average young person, 2-3 weeks for an active athlete, esp. a QB.

He was lucky against OK because he wasn't pressured much at all. We MUST pressure him and cause him to
put weight and pressure on the ankle as he does some cutbacks and quick changes of direction.

The Bama staff likely infiltrated the operative site with some local anesthetic (ie. lidocaine) to take the edge off of any pain. That is always risky since it of course masks the pain and can make the situation worse. The will likely follow the same protocol for us.

I also think he was no better than 85% vs OK but didn't get much pressure or hits.

Go Tigers

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,643
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic