Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GMHWYW?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 959

GMHWYW?

Mar 26, 2019, 4:04 PM

Didn't have time to post yesterday, but this really should be shared. Took off Thursday morning for dude's golf trip that I somehow got roped into. Whatever, excuse to go drink like a fish for 3 days and look at teddies. 6 Clemson guys, and one extra that the organizer went to Emory with for grad skool, we'll call him "Dave", since his name is Dave.

2.5 hour drive, park at noon for 12:30 tee time, no time to go to range, so we're going in cold. Should be noted that this Thursday round was my second round in the last 6 years since I quit the game after a miserable round after the 2013 GT Thursday night game. No trips to the range, nothing, for 6 years, besides a round back in October. Had never met Dave, but he was paired in our 4some in the other cart. He seemed pretty serious on the first couple tees, and scolded us for talking during his backswing. SERIOUS BUSINESS. But he was also pouring heavy handed Weller with ginger, although I never saw the ginger. By the time we get to the turn, he's all kinds of happy and slurring. We get to the last few holes, and Dave can barely stand. Finish the round, and one of the guys has to drive Dave's car to the condo.

2 condos in Barefoot Landing (or whatever the condos on the other side of the waterway are called), and luck of the draw, it's 3 of us in one 4 BR condo, and the other 4 (including Dave) in the other. Huge units (lulz) and really could have slept all 7 in a single condo, but I'm glad they split it up.

Met up with the other crowd a few hours later, and Dave had taken off. He threatened to fight the guy who didn't want to give him his keys, so, hey, whaddya gonna do? If you have a 4 in front of your age, you pretty much gotta own your actions. Go to crappy dinner at Logan's across the street because only place close/open, and Dave shows up, shitcanned. We grab an Uber to Thee Dollhouse because teddies. Try to get Dave into Uber instead of driving, almost worked, and he ran off. He showed up at Thee Dollhouse. Spend a few hours and a couple bucks being debaucherous, Dave takes a nap or two between lapdances, and then we all leave. Except Dave. Dunno what happened to him.

Get up Friday on 3 or 4 hours of sleep to go play Dunes, apparently the nicest course in MB, and one I have no business being on. Sorta expected Dave to show up, but not surprised at the no-show, either. Hacked it up, drank lots, carded a 114. Yes, a 114. It'd be embarrassing if I wasn't drunk enough to not care. Also had a 111 and a 112 in our group, so whatever. I got my money's worth.

Dave not responding to texts or calls, we assume he's in jail, and hope not dead, but nothing would be particularly surprising. One guy looks on MB arrest/booking site, and whaddya know...there's Dave. Booked at 1:50pm on Friday for "pedestrian intoxication". Not sure what that is, but it doesn't sound like a DUI, so that's good? Call detention center, not seeing a judge until 10am Saturday, so he's written off for Saturday's round, too.

Play Saturday, and gatdam if Dave doesn't show up in time to play the extra 9. In the same clothes he was wearing on Thursday. He figured he was getting divorced anyway, so he was going to get his golf in. He went to dinner with us that night, and gracefully bowed out of Thee Dollhouse. He DID however give us his $900 of stripper dollars (clever strip clubs have these instead of ATMs, and of course, they can only be spent there) for picking up his $20 dinner. So we all walked in armed with teddycash.

Quality weekend. I'm guessing Dave isn't invited back next year, but the $900 was pretty good salve for the grief he caused (most of us were merely amused, but the organizer was getting grief from his wife and Dave's wife like it was his fault). Also, if you haven't ever seen a fox squirrel, go look those up. They're bigger than housecats, and fearless, like steal-food-from-your-cart fearless. I don't know how I've lived in SC as many years as I have an never seen one in person.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dave sounds a lot like me.***

Mar 26, 2019, 4:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly don't remember him posting about karate

Mar 26, 2019, 4:24 PM

and heart-healthy cardboard bars, but I might have missed it, as I was also a little toasty for 80 or so straight hours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No heart problems or new tattoos?

Mar 26, 2019, 4:25 PM

Must not have been me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, hold up, HOLD UP.

Mar 26, 2019, 4:26 PM

You got a tattoo? At your advanced age? Storytime, bro.

Somebody doesn't actually read my Buddybook.***

Mar 26, 2019, 4:27 PM

I read your Buddybook butt pretty sure I missed thatshit***

Mar 26, 2019, 4:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I truly don't know how y'all missed it.***

Mar 26, 2019, 4:51 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RH could tell you how many grams of saturated fat I ate

Mar 26, 2019, 5:08 PM

on Sunday.

I saw your new ink***

Mar 27, 2019, 4:27 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RH could tell you how many grams of saturated fat I ate

Mar 27, 2019, 8:21 AM [ in reply to RH could tell you how many grams of saturated fat I ate ]

Do you even truly subscribe?***

Mar 27, 2019, 7:13 AM [ in reply to I read your Buddybook butt pretty sure I missed thatshit*** ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not Dave in case anyone was wondering.

Mar 26, 2019, 4:12 PM

Although I could see how one could come to that conclusion.

Point for the story. Speaking of Weller, here's another

Mar 26, 2019, 4:14 PM

good bargain bourbon that is almost guaranteed to become the darling of hipsters everywhere and newly scarce on shelves with a price double what it used to be when you do find it.

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/03/25/henry-mckenna-10-year-san-francisco-best-in-show-whiskey/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Same thing will happen with lots of bottom(ish)

Mar 26, 2019, 4:16 PM

shelf stuff. Watch for Old Forester, Larceny, Johnny Drum, and other easy to find and affordable stuff become not easy to find and expensive.

Maybe....maybe....what I'm thinking though is that

Mar 26, 2019, 4:18 PM

bourbon has run it's course for a good 6-7 years now. It's shelf life as a fad is almost over.

There's almost no way they don't move on to absinthe or artisanal rums or something soon, leaving bourbon back in the hands of us longtime purists.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rum is already eating into the market. Charleston has a

Mar 26, 2019, 4:20 PM

coupla rum bars out in the wild now.

Yep, look for Fat Tuesdays to come back with a vengance.

Mar 26, 2019, 4:25 PM

It's like 1995 all over again.

Rhum bar on East Bay.

Mar 26, 2019, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Rum is already eating into the market. Charleston has a ]

Charleston does have a pretty good history with the drink.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. All of the old social clubs that had their own punch

Mar 26, 2019, 4:42 PM

recipes in the 1700s and 1800s almost invariably had rum in them.

That, and the drums of it that were pirated from the Bahamas

Mar 26, 2019, 4:43 PM

and Jamaica were on the second deck of the slave ships.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Future is in Ouzo.

Mar 26, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Maybe....maybe....what I'm thinking though is that ]

Start your blog now.

And Mezcal aged in old bourbon drums...;)***

Mar 26, 2019, 4:24 PM

God bless, Dave. I’ve only been in jail twice. Both times

Mar 26, 2019, 4:28 PM

for public intoxication on the Grand Strand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like their standard is a little lower there, like you

Mar 26, 2019, 4:41 PM

gotta be REALLY intoxicated to go to jail, but maybe it's the opposite because revenue. He was actually sleeping in his car outside of a Starbucks when they arrested him at 6am, and COULD have technically charged him with DUI, so he's lucky...I guess. They didn't really have to charge him with anything.

They have those mutant squirrels at Pine Forest too***

Mar 26, 2019, 4:31 PM

TIL pawski’s name is Dave.***

Mar 26, 2019, 10:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TIL pawski’s name is Dave.***

Mar 27, 2019, 8:00 AM

No. One. Cares. FO.

Re: GMHWYW?

Mar 26, 2019, 11:13 PM

No. One. Cares. FO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 7:10 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Ah...the classic drunken thumbs down.

Mar 27, 2019, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: GMHWYW? ]

I dare you to do it sober. You won't.

Mostly because who knows when the next time you'll be sober might be.

Mar 27, 2019, 8:23 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtDAK7Umk7A

Replies: 31
| visibility 959
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic