Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And Buzz is gone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

And Buzz is gone

Apr 3, 2019, 9:34 AM

Is VT still our preferred 'example' for the bazzkitz-balls?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you kidding me? Do you think VPI is thinking

Apr 3, 2019, 9:51 AM

“Man, I wish we’d never hired Buzz. We’d have been better off with someone less successful who would stay”

Surely you are not serious

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you kidding me? Do you think VPI is thinking

Apr 3, 2019, 9:54 AM

Snowtown. You do realize that Clemson and VT's ACC basketball records are identical over the last 5 years right?

So if you think VT has had all sorts of success, then give Brownell credit.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT has made the NCAA tournament three years in a row

Apr 3, 2019, 9:56 AM

we've made it once in the past eight years. Hardly the same any way you want to slice it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you high?

Apr 3, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you kidding me? Do you think VPI is thinking ]

you must be high

Is this really a road you want to go down... comparing wins w/ VPI over the past 3 years, which equates to 3 NCAATs for them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you high?

Apr 3, 2019, 10:03 AM

Yes I do want to compare the 2 programs. I didn't know your definition of success is losing in the first round of the NCAA tourney. Good for them. That is literally the difference in the last 5 years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you kidding me? Do you think VPI is thinking

Apr 3, 2019, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you kidding me? Do you think VPI is thinking ]

Virginia Tech is 69-32 over the past 3 seasons. They were also 32-22 in the ACC over that time period.

Clemson is 62-40 over the past 3 seasons. We were also 26-28 in the ACC over that time period.

That's an extra 3.3 wins and losses per season, which isn't trivial.

VT and Clemson's records might loook identical over the past 5 years because 5 years ago was Buzz's first season at VT and he finished 11-22. Five years ago was Brad's 5th season at Clemson, and we finished 16-15.

No, I'm sure they are rationalizing it like many of you

Apr 3, 2019, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Are you kidding me? Do you think VPI is thinking ]

would be if it happened here (again).

"Well, it was fun while it lasted. We're a football school, after all. We can't expect to keep a good basketball coach here. When is the spring game?"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Judge Doc, please pick one handle.***

Apr 3, 2019, 10:25 AM

Instead we're rationalizing it with

Apr 3, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to No, I'm sure they are rationalizing it like many of you ]

"Well, we flamed out in the NIT again. We're a football school, after all. We can't expect to have a good basketball program here. When is the spring game?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That rationalization is just as ridiculous.***

Apr 3, 2019, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

She thinks we should hire an established coach and keep him the rest of his career.***

Apr 3, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Are you kidding me? Do you think VPI is thinking ]

There are alot of big name coaches in the SEC now

Apr 3, 2019, 10:26 AM

in bball. This is what increased revenue from tv contracts and outside sponsorships will get you. More cash.

Re: There are alot of big name coaches in the SEC now

Apr 3, 2019, 10:33 AM

If memory serves me correctly, which it has failed me lately, neither Barnes nor Purnell really left because of matters relating to basketball. Maybe Purnell but certainly not Barnes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are alot of big name coaches in the SEC now

Apr 3, 2019, 10:48 AM

One--RB--left for the $$ and OP left because he was feuding with the AD often about perks for he and the Mrs., as I recall. RB also had a skeleton or two hanging around & it was not the Clemson public school system.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How dare you suggest that increased basketball funding

Apr 3, 2019, 11:51 AM [ in reply to There are alot of big name coaches in the SEC now ]

can actually make a difference! ;)

Re: And Buzz is gone

Apr 3, 2019, 10:34 AM

I'm still here. Relaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic