Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An Alternative to the Balloons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

An Alternative to the Balloons

Jul 28, 2018, 12:20 PM

If I remember correctly, back in the "big" balloon launch, I recall this one giant balloon shaped like a tiger paw (it wasn't released... more like a mini Macy's Parade Balloon.) Often wonder what happened to that...

But as an alternative to the balloons, could there be something like four larger balloons shaped like tiger paws (think hot air balloons or, as mentioned, Mini Macy's Balloons)... one at each corner of the stadium that are somehow tethered to a cable (or couple of cables), filled with helium...

When the cannon goes off, the balloons are "released" to rise as the players run down the hill. The balloons could even stay in the air the whole game (or if necessary, for safety, they could be reeled back in). This would be kind of unique and a great alternative for our other balloons, plus make the environmentalist happy.

Another similar suggest would be just smaller balloons shaped like paws that are attached to the upper deck near the current cell towers... i.e. maybe one balloon every section (also where the ACC Flags are/used to be?) These could also be timed to release and rise as the players come down the hill.

I understand the environmental concerns for the current balloon launch, but hate to see that pageantry end.

Anyone have other suggestions?

(i.e. a "zip line" from the upper deck and the Tiger zips down it to the 50 yard line? lol)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An Alternative to the Balloons

Jul 28, 2018, 12:22 PM

total bs

Jul 28, 2018, 12:29 PM

Actually if you check out this youtube video, you'll see the big tiger paw balloon I was talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDjuRuNxjoU

Yea, crazy idea... certainly orange doves would be better....

Jul 28, 2018, 4:50 PM

That one scared the crap out of the Terps and helped keep them out of the endzone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nice input... regardless of the critics...***

Jul 28, 2018, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice input... regardless of the critics...***

Jul 28, 2018, 12:30 PM

Yea, this is a crazy idea, but not sure why it is "total bs"

But everyone has their own opinion I guess...

How about our fan base actually bring and use shakers

Jul 28, 2018, 12:30 PM

(or give them out) like some other schools do like Bama and Auburn.

Re: How about our fan base actually bring and use shakers

Jul 28, 2018, 12:34 PM

Always thought that was a good idea, especially if everyone has them...

I also recall back at one of the games ages ago, they gave our megaphones (that probably is against the rules now!)

Isn't it Maryland that used to shake the keys? Or someone... can't recall what school... (maybe several schools)...

Though it would be great to give out those little "clickers" kids used to get at Halloween or at parties... with the little metal piece in it that you push to make it click... about the size of a key... I'm SURE that would be against the rules, plus it may actually drive even the Clemson fans crazy! lol

No. That is sooooooo $EC!***

Jul 28, 2018, 5:08 PM [ in reply to How about our fan base actually bring and use shakers ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Yeah, tell the whinyasz brats to...

Jul 28, 2018, 5:01 PM

quit worrying about how Clemson Football does business, do their homework, study, show up for the games on time and stay until the clock reads double zero.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic