Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amari Rodgers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Amari Rodgers

Mar 25, 2019, 11:33 PM

Anna Hickey reports that Amari Rodgers suffered an injury today at practice, the injury is unknown, and an MRI is set to be scheduled asap.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amari Rodgers

Mar 26, 2019, 6:49 AM

I have checked twitter and every other social media outlet(and Anna hickey) source I can find and have seen NOTHING about ANY Amari Rodgers injury. I pray that is not true, but I pray that u would not just be making something like this up either! Hoping everything ok! GO TIGERS

Mar 26, 2019, 7:33 AM

it is true

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Amari Rodgers ]

You must not have looked very well. There are lengthy articles regarding the injury on both TigerNet and Tiger Illustrated posted Monday night.

Mar 26, 2019, 7:10 AM

Fake news.

Mar 26, 2019, 7:56 AM

Definitely not fake news

Mar 26, 2019, 8:49 AM

Sadly. Who takes his spot if he is done for a year?

Mar 26, 2019, 9:02 AM

Kendrick

Mar 26, 2019, 9:07 AM

With how well he is playing there, Kendrick is staying at corner. There's enough depth to where he doesn't have to move.

Mar 26, 2019, 9:30 AM

He’s not staying there. Dabo said he’ll be cross training the rest of the spring. They’re stacked at CB. Once everyone moves in, they’ll be deep. They have guys that redshirted and guys returning as well. The only other slot guys are Kendrick, Chase, and Spector...Kendrick is by far the most experienced and is far ahead of Chase. And Spector very well may redshirt. I doubt Kendrick stays at CB...

Mar 26, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Amari Rodgers ]

He’s not staying there. Dabo said he’ll be cross training the rest of the spring. They’re stacked at CB. Once everyone moves in, they’ll be deep. They have guys that redshirted and guys returning as well. The only other slot guys are Kendrick, Chase, and Spector...Kendrick is by far the most experienced and is far ahead of Chase. And Spector very well may redshirt. I doubt Kendrick stays at CB...

Mar 26, 2019, 8:33 AM

Carted off the field yesterday. They hope it's not an ACL, but it "doesn't sound good."

Mar 26, 2019, 8:55 AM

https://twitter.com/arodgers_3/status/1110522393632694272

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 26, 2019, 8:58 AM

Good news is that if it is a torn ACL he can redshirt and still play our last 4 games.

Mar 26, 2019, 1:03 PM

I hate to hear that about Amari hopefully its not as bad as it seems. Even if it is he'll be back better than ever. If he's out then it becomes Kendrick and chase's position i would assume. Which doesn't worry me in the slightest. Cornell Powell may move to the 5 as well

Mar 26, 2019, 1:06 PM

It’s not the receiver position that will bother me. We have plenty of receivers. It is the punt return role. Outside of the Syracuse game he was great back there. Get well Amari!

Mar 26, 2019, 1:24 PM

If - and I do say IF - he is out for this year with an ACL injury, it'll be interesting to see how it effects our WR deployment. Nobody else on the team really has his particular skillset.

He's a 2-receiver, what a lot of teams call a flanker or slot back, the kind of guy who catches a lot of short passes and uses his acceleration, niftiness, and leg strength to make a lot of yards after contact.

We have a boatload of big boundary-type receivers at the moment, but not many guys in the mold of Rodgers, who follows guys like Ray Ray McCloud and Artavis Scott.

Unless Derion Kendrick - who is kind of similar - can lock down the 2, that likely means we're about to get a lot bigger at the 2-spot...which means we're likely going to have to tweak the offense some unless one of the bigger guys shows he can generate the same kind of productivity on the RPO screen stuff that's nearly automatic for 6+ a pop right now with guys like Rodgers catching them.

Curious to see if that maybe ends up being Nagata. Keep hearing how "sudden" and "fast twitch" he is, and for such a larger WR you wonder if that means he can do what Sammy Watkins so successfully did and port between the usual big-guy 9-man spot and the 2.

Whatever, really hope Rodgers is OK. He has some dimensions none of the others do and seemed set to have a very big year.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic