Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone please educate this old dummy .....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,641

Someone please educate this old dummy .....

Jun 13, 2019, 2:07 PM

.... Pennington said "...they liked the way I could bend......" What does "bend' mean ?? TIA -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

There is some test tha they give OL that involves staying

Jun 13, 2019, 2:13 PM

flat footed while being able to maintain a knee and waist bend while shuffling in the pass block stance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: There is some test tha they give OL that involves staying

Jun 13, 2019, 2:16 PM

OK - Thanks - Tigersense !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

It's about flexibility, range of motion, absorbing, reaching

Jun 13, 2019, 2:15 PM

and then maintaining leverage.

If you're stiff[just got bob's attention] you're slowed and have difficulty managing superior athletes that you'll face on the outside as an offensive tackle. Long arms are nice as well, as you get them on your defender, before he can get his on you.

The Oak and the Reeds - Aesop

A Giant Oak stood near a brook in which grew some slender Reeds. When the wind blew, the great Oak stood proudly upright with its hundred arms uplifted to the sky. But the Reeds bowed low in the wind and sang a sad and mournful song.

"You have reason to complain," said the Oak. "The slightest breeze that ruffles the surface of the water makes you bow your heads, while I, the mighty Oak, stand upright and firm before the howling tempest."

"Do not worry about us," replied the Reeds. "The winds do not harm us. We bow before them and so we do not break. You, in all your pride and strength, have so far resisted their blows. But the end is coming."

As the Reeds spoke a great hurricane rushed out of the north. The Oak stood proudly and fought against the storm, while the yielding Reeds bowed low. The wind redoubled in fury, and all at once the great tree fell, torn up by the roots, and lay among the pitying Reeds.

Better to yield when it is folly to resist, than to resist stubbornly and be destroyed.

You had me until

Jun 13, 2019, 2:20 PM

“As the Reeds spoke a great hurricane rushed out of the north”

We all know the weatherman can track these nowadays. No way a hurricane surprised somebody. And reeds talking?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only Aesop had the Dopplers & not the wet finger trick...***

Jun 13, 2019, 2:23 PM

Oh great, wet finger trick, FrancisMarion will be here in

Jun 13, 2019, 2:25 PM

3, 2, 1 . . .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never knew Aesop's middle name was Willy

Jun 13, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to If only Aesop had the Dopplers & not the wet finger trick...*** ]

Learn something new on Tnet every day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You had me until

Jun 13, 2019, 2:23 PM [ in reply to You had me until ]

Not sure - lovingit ... but I've heard Reeds don't follow NHC very closely ... don't know if that's absolutely true .... -:)

Re: It's about flexibility, range of motion, absorbing, reaching

Jun 13, 2019, 2:21 PM [ in reply to It's about flexibility, range of motion, absorbing, reaching ]

Thanks - dsp!! Guess The Oak doesn't bend too well !! That was proven during Hurricane Hugo - as the oaks were largely uprooted. The pines bent pretty well ... but many were still broken off about 15-20 ft above ground .... lol

it's what they all said with the exception of,

Jun 13, 2019, 3:55 PM

lovingit® ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's what they all said with the exception of,

Jun 13, 2019, 4:19 PM

LOL !!

Reminds me of a song

Jun 13, 2019, 5:39 PM [ in reply to It's about flexibility, range of motion, absorbing, reaching ]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF4pT1Kdm4Y

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone please educate this old dummy .....

Jun 13, 2019, 2:31 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hands on the inside, nice punch.***

Jun 13, 2019, 2:32 PM

Am I the only one who read the title and thought

Jun 13, 2019, 5:37 PM

Oh no, what did ________ post NOW?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,641
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic