Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Monte Lee on team's struggles: "It's always my fault. It's never their fault."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Monte Lee on team's struggles: "It's always my fault. It's never their fault."

May 22, 2019, 1:58 PM

Monte Lee on team's struggles: "It's always my fault. It's never their fault."

Monte Lee’s message Tuesday was clear. Don’t blame his players for the loss to Boston College and don’t blame his players for the team’s second-half struggles this season. Why? It’s the job of the head coach to shoulder all of that responsibility. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Monte Lee on team's struggles: "It's always my fault. It's never their fault."

May 22, 2019, 3:22 PM

Well coach, you’ve made a lot of decisions this year worth second guessing. Number one most unexplainable, head scratching decision—- starting Travis ####### Marr in a must win tournament game. Travis Marr? Batting practice Marr? I mean, ### were you thinking coach? Were you high or something? Drunk? At least then you would have an excuse for doing something so insanely idiotic.

Re: TNET: Monte Lee on team's struggles: "It's always my fault. It's never their fault."

May 22, 2019, 3:32 PM

Dont worry Monte the fans will turn on you like they did Leggett....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 3:44 PM

Couldn’t agree more, Coach. Somewhere in between Small Ball Leggett and Long Ball Lee there exists a good college baseball coach. He may currently be at North Greenville. Teaching ‘launch angle’, ie, uppercut hr swings, can bring only occasional success. That, plus no bullpen, puts Tigers where they are. You get what you teach...

May 22, 2019, 3:50 PM

DO YOU THINK WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM TEACHING LAUNCH ANGLE. I DONT LIKE IT EITHER BUT IT IS TAUGHT BECAUSE OF THE NEW FANGLED ANALYTICS. WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO BASEBALL WAS THE SHIFT. HOPEFULLY THAT WILL BE OUTLAWED AND SOON.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 4:43 PM

It's only loud if you imagine it's loud.***

May 22, 2019, 4:50 PM

May 22, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Monte Lee on team's struggles: "It's always my fault. It's never their fault." ]

Lou Boudreau says hello! 1946. The shift has been around almost as long as I have!
There is NO rule that prevents a hitter from hitting to the opposite field. Only coaches who refuse to change!
College baseball would be much better if it would return to wooden bats. I strongly believe that.

May 22, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Monte Lee on team's struggles: "It's always my fault. It's never their fault." ]

Why you so mad all the time??

I would say he's ornery, not mad***

May 22, 2019, 6:01 PM

May 22, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Monte Lee on team's struggles: "It's always my fault. It's never their fault." ]

Neu22 said:

Couldn’t agree more, Coach. Somewhere in between Small Ball Leggett and Long Ball Lee there exists a good college baseball coach. He may currently be at North Greenville. Teaching ‘launch angle’, ie, uppercut hr swings, can bring only occasional success. That, plus no bullpen, puts Tigers where they are. You get what you teach...

You’re worthless

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I a fool for thinking we're gonna beat UofL and make

May 22, 2019, 4:48 PM

a regional somewhere?

May 22, 2019, 4:49 PM

Say what ya want be Monte has really over achieved in first 3 years we
are 2 years away so be Tiger fan or hit the bricks

May 22, 2019, 4:53 PM

By the way Tony former mailman says hello

May 22, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Monte Lee on team's struggles: "It's always my fault. It's never their fault." ]

By the way Tony former mailman says hello

May 22, 2019, 5:23 PM

You can bet the fans don't blame the players. The buck stops at HC always. ML, you have shown promise but can't deliver. For multiple years. This year is easily the bottom. Resign if you really mean what you said. Sad but true.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should we read this quote in a serious tone or a very sarcastic one?

May 22, 2019, 5:25 PM

This is important.

May 22, 2019, 5:30 PM

Anyone who is critical of this coach with this young of a team is an idiot.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

May 22, 2019, 6:47 PM

Well Monte you are losing your best 2 bats , this year your only 2 good bats . But next year a lot of returning players and a very experienced pitching staff. So if any of these kids develop next year should be a good one .
Just got to play smarter at the plate , in the field and on the bases. I believe the talent is good enough but got to play smarter baseball.

May 22, 2019, 6:51 PM

With the weak non conference schedule and the embarrassing loses this year, the Tiger baseball team does not deserve to be a tournament team.

Should of been said weeks ago

May 22, 2019, 7:16 PM

If a team has any connection with their coach, a statement opening up, being honest about disparity (lack of sleep) and especially taking 100% of the blame will resonate amongst players. Unfortunately it seems as if our leaders are “soft-spoken” and don’t approach the “accountability” aspect. Obviously I’m not in the locker room and don’t know personally, but I’ve seen what Monte did at CofC (especially winning @ UF) and know he knows how to do more with less. But when they beat UF, CofC had a core of junior/senior leadership. The approach at the plate is very odd to me and questionable. Bunt every opportunity we had with runners on in extras and we eventually breakthrough once @UGA to win. Been a long 2nd half of the season but do the players respond to the coach backing them and taking the blame? Tomorrow will show by the players attitude. Unfortunately, the team seems to lack the killer instinct or desire to “crush thy Opponent.” When I used to play ball, you fight to the death for your coach (like this).

May 22, 2019, 7:17 PM

Most overated coach ever!

May 22, 2019, 8:25 PM

Totally agree. He is in over his head. Hate the Gamecocks, but there is a reason that Tanner didn't pick him. Tanner sucks as an AD, but I do think he knows more about baseball than D-Rad. I just think we missed on this. It's not the end of the the world, but we need to move on.

May 23, 2019, 7:41 AM

Can anyone name a worse baseball coach in the ACC than Monte?

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic