Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ‘Mr. ACC’ Mike Hogewood dead at 65
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: ‘Mr. ACC’ Mike Hogewood dead at 65

Sep 5, 2018, 10:00 PM

‘Mr. ACC’ Mike Hogewood dead at 65

Longtime ACC broadcaster Mike Hogewood died on Wednesday. He was 65. Hogewood was known around the Southeast for his play-by-play, sideline reporter and host du Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ‘Mr. ACC’ Mike Hogewood dead at 65

Sep 5, 2018, 10:11 PM

Very sad! He was always the voice that I will remember for Jefferson Pilot games. Always smiling and could tell he enjoyed it.

Sep 5, 2018, 10:11 PM

What happened

Sep 5, 2018, 10:12 PM

No mention in the article. I wondered as well.

Sep 5, 2018, 10:27 PM

Just a couple of weeks ago, Mike Hogewood was here in Shelby to call the American Legion World Series for ESPN. On the second day of the series, he had to be rushed to the hospital. The word we received was a suspected heart attack but no one knew for sure. He was released from the hospital the next day and went back to his home in Greensboro. The only other thing we heard about Mike during the series was that he had been in bad health for some time so his death may not have been a total shock to his family.

I liked Mike Hogewood - especially when teamed with Doc Walker as they were rather entertaining as a regional sports broadcast crew.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 11:07 PM

I have video from the 1990 Duke game where Mike interviewed my wife in the stands. She and my 1-year old were with my roomie (now Clemson's only 4-star General) with a sign saying Hi to me in the Philippines with my Air Force squadron. It was during Desert Shield/Desert Storm, so servicemen overseas was a big deal. I always had a soft spot for him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 1:09 AM

Good story! I liked Mike H too! Only because he did a good job and had enthusiasm no matter who was playing.

Sep 5, 2018, 11:28 PM

Dang - this is truly sad to hear.

Always liked him. He was always unbiased***

Sep 6, 2018, 6:57 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

ESPN could learn from him. This guy was just as enthusiastic about

Sep 7, 2018, 1:22 PM

covering a struggling team as the best in the conference. Class Act

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

RIP. He was one of the few good things about the traditional ACC.

Sep 6, 2018, 7:40 AM

Gone too soon.

The prayer of Moses, "Teach us to number our days..." Ps 90:12

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 7:42 AM

Just what a broadcaster should be; passionate, enthusiastic and in love with what he was doing, and always looking like he was having fun and real joy while he did it. Wouldn't it be nice to have some like him on national news? God bless his family, please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 8:46 AM

The familiar faces and voices from our childhood are disappearing. :(

Sep 6, 2018, 9:00 AM

Not until I just learned of his passing did I realize how much of a fixture he really was. I could never think of Jefferson pilot without seeing his face. Been watching this Clemson and ACC football for a few years now, and realize that everybody doesn't stay young forever. It's hard to find somebody these days who is as dedicated to his profession as he was. Thanks for the Memories and the surface.

Loved hearing him and his sideline reporting!

Sep 6, 2018, 1:00 PM

Will miss him like I miss Doc Walker.

:(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 6, 2018, 3:08 PM

That reminds me. I have GOT to get some of the VHS CU games from the '80s transcribed from VHS to digital or they will...well, i just gotta get it done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic