Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Houston Texans HC is an idiot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,965

Houston Texans HC is an idiot

Dec 24, 2018, 6:20 AM

His play calling sux.
The team’s weakness is OL pass blocking. So instead of calling quick timing routes they almost always call long pass plays which the OL cannot hold blocks for.
Then yesterday with 4 minutes left in the game and ball on their own 20 down by 6 they call for long pass plays instead of using the clock. They score with 2 minutes left. Way too much time left on the clock. Their defense could not stop philly in the second half so you knew they would drive down to kick a FG to win.

Tell me again how he got to be HC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also runs the ball every time up the middle

Dec 24, 2018, 7:45 AM

on first down

Re: Houston Texans HC is an idiot

Dec 24, 2018, 9:48 AM

Agree with your comments. Ive asked myself that same question and all I can come up with is that DW4 and Nuk are the only reasons he is still a HC.

Re: Houston Texans HC is an idiot

Dec 24, 2018, 9:58 AM

Don't disagree with anything you said, but just to be clear, run blocking is also a huge weakness of Houston's OL. The only thing they seem to be good at is completely whiffing on blitz pickups of LB's. They are undoubtedly the league's best in that area.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, 10-5 after 0-3 start. He's a real idiot.

Dec 24, 2018, 10:04 AM

Last year he put a system in that played to DW4's strengths. He should get some credit for helping make DW4's transition to the NFL successful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, 10-5 after 0-3 start. He's a real idiot.

Dec 24, 2018, 10:07 AM

There's no doubt that he did a good job adjusting his system to fit his personnel when Deshaun came in. I actually think he's a good HC, but I don't like his playcalling overall. That's not to say he doesn't do a good job adjusting his overall offense to fit his personnel, but his situation specific playcalls can be baffling at times.

I'm just a guy on a message board so take this with a grade of slaw, but I think they should bring in a different OC and let O'Brien stay at HC. Won't happen though since they are winning so many games.

Be careful what you wish for, the Texans could come calling

Dec 24, 2018, 10:10 AM

on Dabo to be their head coach.... Ok, so that will not happen but I do agree that O'Brien has either bad game plans or bad coordinators! The offense is basically designed in a way that ensures DW4 runs around for his life, gets away from defenders and throws a beautiful pass to Hopkins... That is not much of a game plan and will get DW4 hurt again. Blocking leaves a lot to be desired and that is the understatement of the year. That defense, for all the talk of the 2 DE's Watts and Clowney, they sure know how to NOT show up to end the game. That is at least 2 games they have cost the team at the end this year, but I think its actually 3 times total. I know this, the Texans are much better with Fuller, that was a huge loss...... he opens up the field and with he and Hopkins it is nearly impossible to stop them if DW4 has time in the pocket....

Texans need to use early round draft picks on offensive line, end of story. Then maybe a DE that does not like to take plays off and hurt his team.

Re: Be careful what you wish for, the Texans could come calling

Dec 24, 2018, 10:14 AM

Mitch Hyatt.

I like the way you think, that would be an awesome

Dec 24, 2018, 10:19 AM

reunion of Clemson greats!! Hyatt to protect the blind side and help DW4 ascend into the pantheon of Hall of Fame status. And with 2nd round pick, grab Austin Bryant who should be a first rounder but will fall to someone in 2nd round who will get a steal. What a great pass rusher on 3rd and 8 or longer while Clowney watches instead of taking the play off so the other team can get the 1st down.

Re: I like the way you think, that would be an awesome

Dec 24, 2018, 10:45 AM

There's at least a decent chance that Hyatt could be available in the 2nd round. If he is then the Texans should definitely get him there. They could possibly grab some OL help in the first round as well depending upon who is available.

The Texans actually have 2 second round picks this year, so they could easily get 2 OL in the first two rounds and still be able to add a corner or safety to help strengthen the back end of the defense. The front seven on defense is stout and has good depth already.

The only other major need is another reliable WR since Fuller will be recovering from his torn ACL and there's no certainty that Demaryius Thomas will ever return to the Texans after rupturing his Achilles yesterday. If there isn't a reliable WR available when they pick they could get a pass catching TE instead.

However it plays out in the draft, I would like to see them add a couple OL, another WR, a pass catching TE, a couple people in the secondary and maybe a young RB to take over for Miller/Blue in a year or two.

For all the grief that Houston gets (a lot deserved) they are still a 10-5 #3 seed right now. They really are only a couple pieces away from being an annual Super Bowl contender for the next several years.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,965
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic