Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alright ladies & gents! Fake classes were officially given
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,493

Alright ladies & gents! Fake classes were officially given

Oct 13, 2017, 2:25 PM

the seal of approval by the NCAA as long as open to students beyond athletes! Soliciting ideas for some course titles/subject matter. Please feel free to offer up some ideas!

This is a huge opportunity provided by the NCAA to keep our athle, er, students' GPAs up and academically eligible with no additional effort!

Look forward to the suggestions!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alright ladies & gents! Fake classes were officially given

Oct 13, 2017, 2:30 PM

Labels and grades are so oppressive. Since they're fake classes why not let them just give the courses any name the student wants. They can then get their degree in "Being a Smart Guy." Spelling doesn't count.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2017, 2:35 PM

How about Corruption in College Sports for 500 Alex.

Oh, one other thing. I'd be remiss if I didn't give a big

Oct 13, 2017, 2:33 PM

shout out to our ACC sister facility, UNC, for pioneering/paving the way for this groundbreaking accomplishment of establishing NCAA cleared fake classes.

Quite an accomplishment, North Carolina!

Oct 13, 2017, 3:19 PM

1. "Recognizing the Difference in Design of the Apostrophe and the Comma" 8 Credit Hrs. One (1) Class Hour per semester.

2. "Introduction to the Alphabet". 10 Credit Hours. A 26 week course where we examine, in depth. one letter each week, beginning with the letter A and ending with the letter Z. The student has a choice of home study or 15 minutes each week in class.

3. "Counting Made Easy". 6 Credit Hours. This course concentrates on single digit numbers from One (1) through nine (9). This is a self study course that can be done at home so no class hours involved.

4. "Advanced Counting". 8 Credit Hours. The student must have successfully completed "Counting Made Easy" to be eligible to enroll in this course due to it's level of difficulty. The double digit numbers ten (10) through nineteen (i9) will be covered in depth. Student must check with his/her advisor two days before the end of the semester to determine time and place for the class and, if there will be a class.

(The Curriculum Committee is working diligently to develop other classes so that we can provide a rigid and meaningful academic challenge to our athletes.)

P. S. The Committee has been informed we need to add to the statement in parentheses above these words, ...... to out athletes and any student". We have been informed this is now a requirement of the NCAA.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2017, 4:06 PM

my brother in law is a unc grad, law degree from Stetson. He told me that the issue at hand wasn't fake classes, but about athlete academic support, and how had UNC not won, this would have become a big issue for all the ACC programs. I was so thankful to him for UNC taking up the charge and becoming a champion for all the other ACC programs!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Well thank goodness

Oct 13, 2017, 4:16 PM

Cause for a minute there I thought UNC was cheating.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2017, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Alright ladies & gents! Fake classes were officially given ]

I heard Georgia is re-appealing their 90's probation when Jan Whatshername was Ladies BB coach and BB and football players were given grades for nontaken courses. They are over signing an appropriate number of players to make up for lost schollys.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,493
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic