Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Allah can't seem to run Yahweh out of the Middle East
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Allah can't seem to run Yahweh out of the Middle East

Feb 5, 2017, 8:51 AM

"In Iran, Christian house churches are regularly targeted and shut down by the nation's Islamic government. Despite this persecution, mission group Elam Ministries revealed that Christians have been growing in terms of numbers, and today estimates suggest there are 360,000 believers in Iran – up from only 500 in 1979."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/scores-of-muslims-turning-to-christ-in-middle-east-churches-expecting-millions-of-converts-172723/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fastest growing religion in Iran.

Feb 5, 2017, 8:58 AM

Not sure if it is a good or bad thing.

Good thing!

Feb 5, 2017, 9:03 AM

Those converting answer that question for themselves.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Depends how extreme they are.

Feb 5, 2017, 9:08 AM

Seems though that it has to be better than more Muslims though. They may have a rough life over there as their numbers grow.

Make no mistake

Feb 5, 2017, 9:16 AM

Those who convert to Christianity in Iran, or Korea, or China, etc, all know full well the cost of doing so. They still do it because they also know it is a good thing - the right thing - to do. It is so good to them that they stand in the face of persecution (horrific as it can be) and still say to the world, "Jesus saves!"

If they weigh the cost and still make the change, they are answering the question on whether it is good or not.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think all religion is man made nonsense, but...

Feb 5, 2017, 9:21 AM

I support peaceful Christians. As long as they don' turn into nuts like the Westboro nuts. Hopefully they are mellow peaceful people.

That Westboro crowd is nuts

Feb 5, 2017, 9:35 AM

I agree.

If they are too mellow and peaceful I'm afraid they won't

Feb 5, 2017, 10:20 AM [ in reply to I think all religion is man made nonsense, but... ]

last long until things change dramatically in Iran.

It's hard to turn the other cheek if your head's chopped off.

Diversity is the best way to thwart oppression so hopefully they can keep growing in numbers and push some real change.

True*****

Feb 5, 2017, 10:49 AM

I know a lot of Christians.

Feb 5, 2017, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I think all religion is man made nonsense, but... ]

I've been involved with Christians churches for over 60 years and I've never met a militant Christian or one that would supports the WBC people in their causes.

Imo, there has to be some delusion to reconcile the teaching of the New Testament and the views of the Westboro people. They more fit the profile of a cult than a religion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have known a lot of Christians as well.

Feb 5, 2017, 10:48 AM

The Christians I know are all mellow. That said, I oppose Christians when they want to start teaching intelligent design in schools or they are into gay conversion etc. If they believe we walked with dinosaurs or the Earth is 6,000 ears old I take issue if they want to teach that. We need less nuttiness.

I resent any legislation or judicial involvement into...

Feb 5, 2017, 11:16 AM

personal worship or practice of religion when those targeted by such are not imposing their beliefs on the public. That means that I don't like any religion being taught in schools. At an early age (spiritual age) I believed laws which forced everyone to adhere to my beliefs were justified.

When I realized that if Christians could legislate or cause the judicial body to enforce our beliefs then others could expect the same when they were in power. That, imo, is exactly what is happening now except the religion is secular humanism.

Man worship of mankind is a form of religion which has taken our country. This is the foundation of the delusion that every citizen of the world has rights granted and ensured by our constitution. They do not and will not until our constitution can be enforced in all parts of the globe. Until that happens we can not behave as if the citizens of the world have rights.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed******

Feb 5, 2017, 11:27 AM

Re: I have known a lot of Christians as well.

Feb 5, 2017, 1:12 PM [ in reply to I have known a lot of Christians as well. ]

If you faith is strong and you teach your kids they way you believe, then you need not worry about school. if you are not teaching g your kids or involved in their life, you should worry.

Obviously school is always influential*****

Feb 5, 2017, 2:26 PM

The WBC isn't really a church. It's an extended family of

Feb 5, 2017, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I think all religion is man made nonsense, but... ]

less than 40 people. I couldn't find evidence they were even headed by an ordained minister or preacher.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fastest growing religion in Iran.

Feb 5, 2017, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Fastest growing religion in Iran. ]

There's power in the Blood my friend.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic