Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alas, poor Kirk and his band of ESPN sheep did not get
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Alas, poor Kirk and his band of ESPN sheep did not get

Dec 2, 2018, 4:16 PM

their wish of having at least 2 SEC teams into the CFP. Score one for the good guys. ESPN just got curb-stomped trying that end run. Kirk was on his soapbox like the town crier last night. It was embarrassing for someone that must have sold his soul to ESPN to have to act like an idiot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alas, poor Kirk and his band of ESPN sheep did not get

Dec 2, 2018, 4:21 PM

Or maybe, just maybe he actually thought Georgia was one of the best 4 teams in the country. It had nothing to do with having 2 sec teams in. He clearly said he couldn’t care less what conference the teams are in. While I didn’t agree with him, it was his subjective opinion. Not that big of a deal.

Dec 2, 2018, 4:32 PM

That's fine, but I do and I call BS on Kirk.

There are other teams just as qualified, with fewer losses, than UGA. NOBODY, including Kirk, can just say that one team is better than the other without them actually having a chance to prove it. Thankfully, OU will get their chance.

Using Kirk's logic, UCF deserves to be in before ND, but he was locked in with ND too. Their two common opponents (Pitt and Navy) were pretty equal, with UCF edging ND slightly. Plus UCF had to play a CC game and won that, and are 13-0, and are 26-0 thru the past 2 seasons. I consider them way better than ND, but it's subjective, so no big deal.

Dec 2, 2018, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Alas, poor Kirk and his band of ESPN sheep did not get ]

Exactly. If it’s this big ESPN conspiracy then why were several people on ESPN disagreeing with him, and why is there a front page story currently on ESPN saying the committee got it right? The way some of you are always upset, good lord...

Dec 2, 2018, 4:56 PM

Why you get your feelings hurt so easy? He is just giving his opinion.

Dec 2, 2018, 5:11 PM

It’s funny how much influence the talking heads have on people’s “opinion”.

Not a single person had UGA in with a loss to Alabama until Kirk started blabbing about it on Gameday yesterday morning. By lunch today people were swearing they should be in but I didn’t hear any of the pundits agreeing with him except Jesse Palmer.

Dec 2, 2018, 5:16 PM

Sold his soul to devil re: SEC but 2 of the most important people in his life, his boys, are coming to Clemson? Maybe he is just used to being honest with his opinion. Get over the ESPN stuff. 4 straight CFP. Stop whining.

Dec 2, 2018, 5:16 PM

Also, people on here are always saying certain teams are ranked high because it’s some big conspiracy to help the SEC and because ESPN is controlling everything. If that’s the case and ESPN so desperately wanted 2 SEC teams then why didn’t it happen?

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic