Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama vs the SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,665

Alabama vs the SEC

May 10, 2023, 5:03 PM

Interesting factoid. Since Saban became the coach at Alabama SEC teams have scored 30 or more points against them 10 times. An Eastern division team has scored 30 or more once, Georgia with Aaron Murray. Teams from outside the SEC have scored 30+ 8 times, including 3 from Clemson. So in 94 games including SEC championship games, SEC teams have reached that mark 10 times. OOC p5 teams have reached 30 7 times out of 24 games. Utah was the 8th team to score 30+ but they were not p5 at the time. Don't believe the hype.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama vs the SEC

Jul 22, 2019, 3:26 PM

Nice stats and great work!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 22, 2019, 3:40 PM

As Bob Stoops so accurately observed, SEC OFFENSES SUCK.

Here's another way to look at it: No SEC team has averaged as many points in their last four games against Alabama as Clemson.

But what about those tough SEC defenses? Only 1 team from the SEC has given up fewer points to Alabama in their last four games than Clemson. Forget offense and generational QBs, the Clemson defense has been better against Alabama than EVERY SEC defense aside from LSU.

The grind is Alabama's schedule is not the SEC, it's Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good numbers.

Jul 22, 2019, 3:41 PM

The truth hurts.

Unless of course you're SEC and then you just ignore the truth.

Jul 22, 2019, 4:24 PM

Not to spoil too much, but SCar scored 35 on Saban/Bama in 2010.

Jul 22, 2019, 4:35 PM

True but outside of 2007, 2010 is considered their worst year with a 9-3 record in the regular season. They haven't done worse than 11-1 in the regular season since.

Jul 22, 2019, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama vs the SEC ]

TU cause that's funny. But to be fair they beat us that year and had a decent team. Played a great game that day. I was mad about them winning but looking back I can admit (esp since spurrier broke up with them like he did) that he was a good coach and gave us more trouble than Saban has.

Jul 22, 2019, 5:41 PM

I wish I could remember the show, but in the wake of our NC there was a group of talking heads discussing ALabama's loss... as opposed to uor win of course. One of the pundits said "Of course, no SEC quarterback has tested Alabama like Clemson did." All the other pundits looked at him like "Did you just say that? Don't let the secret out that no one in our conference can throw a football more than 15 yards forward but Tua, and he has no touch. Sometimes the truth seeps out, even when everyone at the table is trying to hide it.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,665
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic