Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama got more credit than FSU in the polls because...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Alabama got more credit than FSU in the polls because...

Jan 9, 2015, 3:28 PM

FSU had all those close games this past season that they won. For Alabama, a win is a win, regardless of having to come back to beat Arkansas by 1, having to come back in a shootout to beat Auburn, having to go into OT to edge out LSU, and having to go down to the wire with Missy State. And then there's the close game with Ole Miss. That one was so close they lost - doesn't get much closer than that, but in the SEC, a win is a win, and sometimes a loss is a win too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

I've never said this before I feel inclinded to say it now..

Jan 9, 2015, 3:34 PM

screw Alabama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've never said this before I feel inclinded to say it now..

Jan 9, 2015, 3:48 PM

Wow, I've said that every time I've ever thought of Alabama. Welcome to the club!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Oh yes, because don't you know Auburn was top-5, LOL and

Jan 9, 2015, 3:38 PM

Miss. State was #1, big LOL and Ole Miss and LSU just sucked, but hey it was LSU. And our athletic director was right in there drinking the kool aid and confirming it.

Re: Oh yes, because don't you know Auburn was top-5, LOL and

Jan 9, 2015, 8:42 PM

Should have hired an AD that had CLEMSON blood ... instead of his grooming his power.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2015, 8:53 PM

I guarantee you this. With a healthy DeShaun Watson, Dye, and Choice we could have beat any team in the SEC as long as it wasn't the first game I say that because we lost to UGA the first game - even though I'm still not convinced that that game was too big for Watson as a true freshman. Stephone Anthony must be kin to Nostrodamus. He said Clemson is coming and he was right. If the defense doesn't drop off much we will show out in 2015. If they need time to gel look for Clemson to go to the championship game in 2016. Too much talent not too. Do you guys realize how lethal we will be on offense?

We will have a senior year Mike Williams, junior Scott, junior DeShaun Watson, RS juniors in Gallman and Dye, sophomores in McCloud and Cain, backup QBs in Bryant, Tucker, and Cooper, a senior Zac Brooks, junior Adam Choice, possibly a freshman Feaster, an offensive line we have been dreaming about, etc. It will be hard to defend.

Jan 9, 2015, 9:03 PM

Exactly the point I made yesterday, and you didn't even mention the TE's corp. Someone stated that I was wearing my orange Kool-Aid glasses. These coaches are going to be in Hog Heaven. You didn't even mention CJ Fuller or S. Bell.

How do you know who Drad voted for? He has ONE vote***

Jan 9, 2015, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Oh yes, because don't you know Auburn was top-5, LOL and ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to DRad's Ballot?***

Jan 9, 2015, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Oh yes, because don't you know Auburn was top-5, LOL and ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Did it not sink last time it was pointed out?

Jan 9, 2015, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Oh yes, because don't you know Auburn was top-5, LOL and ]

You don't have the faintest idea how Dan felt about any of the rankings. None, zero, zilch. It was a "committee", DRad had one vote out of 13. His vote counted for a whopping 7.7%. Please, again, please stop acting like he "confirmed" anything.

Re: Did it not sink last time it was pointed out?

Jan 10, 2015, 12:39 AM

Speaking of how we drop versus Alabama, rewind to 2012. We rolled into Tallahassee ranked #8 and played #3 FSU. We led the game for a while and lost mainly due to bad special teams. After losing on the road to a team ranked 5 spots higher we fell 10 spots. Later that year Alabama was ranked #1 and lost at home to Texas A&M. They only fell 3 spots. And we are supposed to believe there is no bias in the rankings?! Are you kidding me?

You nailed it.***

Jan 10, 2015, 12:48 AM

naturally.***

Jan 9, 2015, 3:56 PM

Re: Alabama got more credit than FSU in the polls because...

Jan 9, 2015, 3:58 PM

ALABAMA SUX!!!!!

Jan 9, 2015, 6:38 PM

You seem to have failed to mention that all of those Alabama games came against ranked teams. Whether they fell apart in the postseason or not, Alabama played better competition than FSU this year. Not an SEC homer by any means and I'll crack my occasional joke at the expense of ESPN's baby, but this isn't much of an argument.

They were over-ranked at one time, but ended up with 4-6 .

Jan 9, 2015, 8:02 PM

losses. The bowl games proved that those SEC west teams were very overrated and over-ranked. When the top five teams in the SEC west go 0-5 in the bowls, you can't overlook that. I would have welcomed a game with any one of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2015, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama got more credit than FSU in the polls because... ]

FSU schedule was just as difficult. at least they scheduled ok st and notre dame! and, play Miami in cross scheduling and schedule gators. not their fault those teams weren't preordained top 10 due to conference bias

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

You've fallen prey to the SEC "ranked team" circular logic.

Jan 9, 2015, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama got more credit than FSU in the polls because... ]

I think that's kind of what greene was getting at. Saying Alabama played a bunch of top 25 teams is supported predominantly by the fact that a ton of those teams were overrated to begin with. Losing to a fraud team like Ole Miss should be enough to make the point. Can you imagine if a Clemson or FSU lost to a team like Ole Miss? Probably drop 10-15 spots. Meanwhile Alabama barely budges due to, again, the ridiculous SEC circular myth.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic