Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Alabama try to hurt DW4?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Did Alabama try to hurt DW4?

Dec 16, 2018, 1:37 PM

Not saying Saban ordered it but curious if people think Alabama's defense was trying to knock DW4 out of the games (more so than any other player).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. A many others.***

Dec 16, 2018, 1:39 PM

No doubt; they tried to knock Mike Williams out of the game

Dec 16, 2018, 1:40 PM

as well. Watch what happens to Murray.

Re: No doubt; they tried to knock Mike Williams out of the game

Dec 16, 2018, 1:53 PM

Yeah, let’s see how Murray reacts when he hasn’t got 10 seconds to dance around and find receivers. What few b12 games I watched this year, it appeared the D’s played a lot of 3 man rush... could just be the games I caught.

CBV did that against the coots this year and the more I got to thinking about it, I wonder if he was testing out different stuff in anticipation we may have to play Oklahoma.

But to answer your question- It’s not overt but bama gets away with extracurricular hits than any other teams I’ve watched. We play physical like that and get flagged.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 1:55 PM

Bama gets to target on D and hold on O. It’s ridiculous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 17, 2018, 2:41 PM

They also get to have fumble calls transmuted into touchdowns via the magic of the painfully slow 40% speed Slow-Mo Replay allowing booth officials minds to 'accept' that yes, yes he WAS in CONTROl of that BALL! For a long, long time too, I mean it was loooooooong...wow! Come on up to the booth guys, look hooowwww sloooowwwwllllly heeeeeeee piccckkkkssss uppp the balllllllllllllllllll - CONTROL FOR SURE! Before it gets knocked out oh his hands OH SH@$! OH whatever - stlll just go ahead and give them a TD before Saban calls up to the booth!

Incidentally, the painfully slow slow-mo replay was the only playback speed the instant replay booth and TV viewers were able to see from the definitive goal line cam view! Next week on Unsolved Mysteries....

As good as BV is, he struggled with OUs current

Dec 16, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: No doubt; they tried to knock Mike Williams out of the game ]

offensive style when he was in the Big XII. Remember most Oklahoma fans weren't *that* unhappy to see him go at the time.

It would not surprise me at all if he was trying a lot of stuff, but tempo has consistently been a problem for our defense over the years.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't recall

Dec 16, 2018, 6:10 PM

BV and the defense struggling in '15. I do recall Mixson being flattened and a Baker bell-ringing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean before they brought in Lincoln Riley?***

Dec 17, 2018, 11:41 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't he OC at Oklahoma when we played them in 2015?***

Dec 17, 2018, 12:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^This^^

Dec 17, 2018, 3:51 PM

Little man, with another HUGE catch! He was the OC/QB coach in '15 with the Fabulous Baker Boy!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 1:53 PM [ in reply to No doubt; they tried to knock Mike Williams out of the game ]

He’ll always have baseball.
And Tua’s Heisman, LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 16, 2018, 1:57 PM

TU- that’s a good one!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Alabama try to hurt DW4?

Dec 16, 2018, 1:51 PM

No doubt they tried intentionally.On one of the tv shots after an ala player had hit DW they showed a side line shot and the side line announcer said an Ala player was telling them to hit 4 every chance they got.Also on the helicopter shot he took the second player launched and should have been called for targeting as he hit helmet to Helment.

pretty sure if they take a sideline shot of our

Dec 16, 2018, 4:12 PM

coaches during the game, they're gonna be telling them to hit tua every chance they get. that's big boy football.

Their players admitted Saban ordered it.

Dec 16, 2018, 1:51 PM

Told them to “rattle” him. But after multiple hits to the head and the “helicopter” hit he kept getting up unfazed. Even the Bama players were impressed and gave him respect.

*****yes********

Dec 16, 2018, 1:56 PM

Dec 16, 2018, 1:58 PM

Didn't one of the Alabama defensive players say after the NC game that the game plan was to win by hurting DW? It was either in an interview or on Twitter.

Dec 17, 2018, 3:22 PM

Yup. Reuben Foster outright said that Saban and the team agreed for the gameplan to be "knock him out early".

I think every defense tries to take out the QB.

Dec 16, 2018, 2:16 PM

I know our guys freaking light up the opposing QB whenever we get a chance.

That hit Wilkins laid on BC QB was nasty! That's just football.

Agree except there are body shots and there are head shots

Dec 16, 2018, 2:21 PM

And it sure felt like Alabama was going after DW4's head - both times we played them.

Re: Agree except there are body shots and there are head shots

Dec 16, 2018, 4:15 PM

Bama always goes high against everybody and just dare the refs to call it...spoiler alert they generally don't.

Dec 16, 2018, 2:38 PM

Absolutely. And there should have been a targeting call on a couple of those hits. Every college team does though, that is try to rattle or hit the QB as much as possible. Watch Wilkins or any of our D lineman for that matter after a play is over. I remember specifically Wilkins and Bryant all in Syracuse QBs face after one play. They always try to get in the QBs head. Wilkins even tried to do it to Trevor during the spring game lol.

Watch last year's game.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:14 PM

Diggs gets away with an obvious targeting call on Travis Etienne that wasn't called on the first play of the game.

They get away with it every year.

Yes, and it was pass interference in end zone, as Higgins

Dec 16, 2018, 3:21 PM

would have had a td except for it. That was a big reason, that Tee declared he was going in the Weight room. It has been successful, and Bama will not get away with trying to overpower him like they did last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 3:21 PM

Didn't Bama target Gallman too .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 3:28 PM

That’s what Bama does and they get away with a lot just based on reputation and who they are. Haven’t watched them enough this year to declare they hold every play but quite possibly true. In 2014-16 NC it was obvious.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:52 PM

I agree it looked like to me DW4 was a target and I remember him sitting on the ground looking at the Ref like ### when there was no call. I have seen plenty of holding too by Bama but waht worries me most is that their O Line will cut block in situations where the D Line is engaged with another O Lineman. That should be a penalty everytime but somehow the Refs never see it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Survey says....

Dec 16, 2018, 3:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone not answering this question

Dec 16, 2018, 4:14 PM

As “Duh”....
Is delusional!

Alabama purposely tried!
Alabama inadvertently failed!

DW’s mettle was too much and Bama didn’t get their way!

???????

Dec 16, 2018, 4:16 PM

Was blessed to be at the game and there’s no doubt. There were a couple hits early that would’ve been ejections had we been on defense.

Dec 16, 2018, 4:24 PM

Yes, bammer did try to injure Watson.

Dec 16, 2018, 6:03 PM

Yes, and the Washington Redskins just signed the punk hitman off waivers.

Dec 16, 2018, 6:17 PM

Yes. Especially early in game. Williams also.
Thought they were headhunting.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they tried to kill him...

Dec 16, 2018, 8:37 PM

and everyone else on our team when they had the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 12:27 PM

They tried to hit him hard every chance they got. They were not trying to get the man injured tho. It's football guys. They were not trying to break his leg or anything just trying to make him feel their hits.

Dec 17, 2018, 12:55 PM

It was not just football. There were clear shots to the head multiple times.

Dec 17, 2018, 4:38 PM

That happens in football. If our boys were doing the same thing nobody would have a problem with it. Our D has hurt many qbs over the past few years but that is all good because it is football but when some other team does it to us it's not okay. Bama plays nasty on D as do we. It is what makes a D great. Is it borderline dirty? Maybe.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic