Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Agree OR Disagree .. with this statement.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,972

Agree OR Disagree .. with this statement.....

Sep 10, 2019, 2:29 PM

“The successes that the Clemson football team has accomplished in the last few years has triggered a new interest in football in the league and these other teams are now determined to improve their football standings as well”.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Sep 10, 2019, 2:30 PM

and No.

Re: Agree OR Disagree .. with this statement.....

Sep 10, 2019, 2:32 PM

As in the ACC? Absolutely because they went from "in the ACC" to "Clemson is the only good team in the ACC" and they're not getting good publicity from it now.

Sep 10, 2019, 2:38 PM

Do you believe there is an added emphasis by the other teams in the ACC to improve their football teams in an effort to compete with Clemson? Or do you think that are ‘along for the ride’?

Sep 10, 2019, 3:00 PM

I definitely think they've gotten an added emphasis, Clemson was able to be nationally competitive in both recruiting and on the field with powerhouses by building and they realize they can too since Clemson is getting their players right out of these other schools back yards.

Sep 10, 2019, 2:35 PM

Does "improve their football standings" = cycling in?

Asking for a friend named Todd.

Sep 10, 2019, 2:37 PM

You can be embarassed only so many times before you decide to actually try. Hopefully, we bring the rest of the league up and not what happened to fsu.

Yes...Provisionally

Sep 10, 2019, 2:38 PM

FSU was kicking butt and taking names and I don't think that helped the league..

What I do believe is that the National Championships Clemson and FSU have been pooping out has accelerated the launch of the ACC Network which I think will have a big impact on the leagues total sports

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Yes...Provisionally

Sep 10, 2019, 2:41 PM

Good thought . Has the feeling become “if Clemson can do it, so can we”?

Sep 10, 2019, 2:42 PM

I think it motivates a couple but the others are happy to accept the check and continue winning in field hockey, lacrosse, ice hockey, basketball and some of their non-revenue sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 2:48 PM

You and I are looking at a different league. I see a Wake team and a Duke team and a BC team and a UVA team and more recently a UNC and Miami team that have upper their programs considerably. I expect VPI and GT to soon join the mix with new coaches in place. NCSU has always been a puzzle and I can’t get a real feel for Syracuse or Pitt.
To talk about the minor sports is not really an issue worth debating.

Sep 10, 2019, 2:51 PM

I failed to mention Louisville. With the addition of Satterfield they certainly are showing their interest in improving.

disagree***

Sep 10, 2019, 2:50 PM

Sep 10, 2019, 4:02 PM

Definitely, some just are in weird spots right now. Taggart has been a huge flop but his buyout rivals the coot debacle.
Mark Richt was an attempt by Miami but they too are in a weird spot with Diaz. Too early to call that one.
Mack Brown will and is helping bring UNC back to relevancy! Virginia is playing uncharacteristically good football and Several others seem to be on the hunt to get back in it. We could very well see a flip to the ACC being the toughest conference due to talent because recruits may believe the ACC is an easy path to Championships.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,972
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic