Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Adam Choice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Adam Choice

Nov 19, 2017, 9:41 AM

He's been kind of overshadowed this year by the emergence of Feaster and Etienne, but has anybody else noticed Choice has gotten that metaphorical "step" back that he clearly was missing the last couple years? He's looking like an improved version of the player that once beat out Wayne Gallman as a true freshman.

The stats (yes, here comes the maffs, brace thyselves) back me up on this. You look at, say, CJ Fuller, and he's been a 4.5-yards-per-carry guy pretty much his entire career, and this year is rushing at 4.6 a clip, meaning, Fuller's about the same guy he's always been, maybe a little better. Solid, not spectacular.

Choice? He's up to 5.3 yards a pop, and has carried 48 times for 252 and 5 TD's, and has added another 7 catches for 37 yards (also 5.3 yards per touch, kind of consistent.) Last year he was trudging along at a very sluggish 3.5 yards per pop and really looked like a shell of the guy he had been; he clearly wasn't right.

Mind, Feaster (6.7 yards per carry) and Etienne (7.7 yards per carry!) are absolutely killing it, but while those two definitely can bust the big one, Choice has been doing very well in his own right again. Keep in mind even Wayne Gallman averaged just 4.9 yards per carry last year, and 5.4ypc in 2015...so Choice, this year, is being about as productive per touch as Wayne Gallman was for us.

Just found that interesting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Adam Choice

Nov 19, 2017, 9:44 AM

As did I...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adam Choice is very good option at short yardage situations.

Nov 19, 2017, 9:55 AM

Low, compact and strong runner who can find creases between the tackles.

IMO could be used more in these situations where we seem to default to KB - would save a little wear and tear on Kelly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like his hard nosed style, he finishes runs***

Nov 20, 2017, 11:23 AM

Well done***

Nov 19, 2017, 10:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2017, 10:23 AM

Nice post, but you keep confusing us with facts and data. (sarcasm alert)

What a terrible problem, 4 running backs

4.6 yds per carry
5.3 yds per carry
6.7 yds per carry
7.7 yds per carry

and all a different style runner.

But but but... Don't you read FGF?

Nov 19, 2017, 10:28 AM

We have no running game. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: But but but... Don't you read FGF?

Nov 19, 2017, 1:56 PM

Well, that was VAGAFOLD that said that, so there's that.

Nov 19, 2017, 10:30 AM

Great analysis.

I was thinking throughout this season that he is kind of a secret weapon, just watching when he gets the ball.

If we do go to playoffs, I expect he will be MVP in one of those games.

I also think HJ will get his shot in one of those games... will play alongside KB and shake up the opposing D with the wing T threat, but will be a pass play that HJ ultimately gets to throw that will seal the deal! ??

Choice's run at the end of FSU game said everything

Nov 19, 2017, 10:41 AM

I believe Dabo summed it up best ...."Wow"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Choice's run at the end of FSU game said everything

Nov 19, 2017, 10:53 AM

There was definitely a lot of pure "want to" in that score, because the coaching staff was calling plays designed just to run out the clock.

It made me smile to see Choice so determined to tack on that last score given the earlier hit on Ryan Carter and the total lack of remorse by the player or the FSU staff.

31-14 looks so much better than 24-14 ... :)

He is certainly running with urgency and a strong will. Love

Nov 19, 2017, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Choice's run at the end of FSU game said everything ]

it when he's in the game!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's awesome

Nov 19, 2017, 10:50 AM

that C.J. Fuller is a very solid back and could start at a lot of schools and he's clearly our 4th best RB. Clemson is a true embarrassment of riches.

And to think we almost settled for Cordarrian Richardson ...

Nov 19, 2017, 10:55 AM

Mick said it best ... "You can't always get what you want ... but sometimes you get what you need."

Nov 19, 2017, 11:00 AM

I've been really happy to see this years version of Adam Choice. I liked him a lot a couple of years ago before he was hurt. This year he's back and I love seeing him in tough running situations. Yes, it's always fun to watch someone like Feaster or Etienne come flying through the hole and make a long run, but Choice is our best back when the going gets tough inside. He hits the hole with authority and if there's no hole, he'll at least try to make one..... He's North/South and when he's tackled, he will move the pile like Gallman did.

I'm not taking away anything from Feaster, Etienne or Fuller - they're all good and we're very fortunate to be able to run 4 different styles effectively. I don't know of another school that has our depth of quality talent at RB, QB, WR ad all-round D. Perhaps none of our guys are the best in the country at their position, but as a team, I don't know if anyone can measure up to us and that comes from good recruiting and coaching.

We just need to put the right guys on the field for any given matchup.

Nov 19, 2017, 11:42 AM

i think choice is the most complete running back. hes honestly my favorite. he reads blocks the best and is SO strong it takes at least 2 people to tackle him. all of our backs are reliable options though. If ETN gets to read blocks like adam and can hold on to the ball like him and not fumble he will be even more electrifying than he already is

Without a doubt. Glad it is apparent to others.***

Nov 19, 2017, 1:25 PM

Nov 19, 2017, 1:48 PM

Adam is a terrific young man and has done a great job this year. I agree with the OP!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2017, 10:03 AM

A lot of players will come in feeling like they are going to be all American players until they get thrown into live game action. That is when they will be over whelmed by the speed, and how totally different HS was to the big jump in college, and they them self will screw up what they do best trying to correct what they do best, and then it takes a couple of seasons for coaches to get them back to playing their game of FB, and it happens all the time. Even top shelf 5 star player will fall in that rut, and from there, it's how well they listen to the position coaches to get back!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2017, 10:06 AM

He found that light switch and turned it back on!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2017, 10:22 AM

Yes he has been looking good. Our line has been blocking good as well. We have 4 dang good backs. Helps keep everybody fresh. Gotta love being a Tiger.

And that includes where Dabo's used him for short yardage

Nov 20, 2017, 11:15 AM

plays.

I'm adding an Amen to all that has been said.

Nov 20, 2017, 11:37 AM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic