Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The TNet archives is a very interesting place
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

The TNet archives is a very interesting place

Oct 8, 2019, 1:43 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Commentary-Dabo-Not-Right-Fit-for-Tigers-6988903

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cancel Culture

Oct 8, 2019, 8:02 AM

This is the equivalent of digging up a Facebook post from 10 years ago that contains "inappropriate" language in today's environment. Do you want Crump to apologize? Resign?

I was there (as were you) when this was happening. I'll be gracious and say the fan base was split on Dabo. Many here had major doubts about Dabo. The only time his name even came on our radar was when he was associated with a new recruit we'd signed. Nobody knew who he was. We did know what he wasn't... which was someone with Head Coaching experience or Coordinator experience. There were a lot of legitimate doubts about him. And, Crump, being a media guy, took a take position was common at that time.

But, 100% of us today are glad Dabo worked out. I look back on that time and think "that was good that we had some passionate debate." Your post seems to look back for the purpose of shaming people for their (legitimate) positions 10 years ago.

You can do better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You obviously just read the headline and made assumptions

Oct 8, 2019, 8:48 AM

About what the article was about. You not knowing that the article was written by David Hood and just posted under Crump’s handle was the first clue that you didn’t and the rest of your rant confirmed it.

Congrats, you triggered yourself, bud.

The article was saying the Clemson fanbase, at that time, wasn’t ready for a coach that would take years to build a program and it was a shame because Dabo did, in fact, feel like the perfect fit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually

Oct 8, 2019, 8:54 AM

I read every post to make sure I wasn't on that thread. Luckily I wasn't. Then I read it again to try to find your comment. Again, no luck. But I did see that it was under Crump and not Hood... and noticed people commenting about a good post by Hood, which confused me.

Anyway, my point remains. You're digging up the past to shame people for taking legitimate positions at that time. But, it's your time and if that's what does it for you, then I say go for it. You at least trolled me into wasting 10 minutes responding.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And to that, I’ve done my doody

Oct 8, 2019, 8:57 AM

It really is fun looking at those old posts and seeing how things were back then. It’s cringeworthy, as a 40 year old, finding your own posts when you were 27-28 and how idiotic you were.

You mean you're

Oct 8, 2019, 9:37 AM

less idiotic now??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: And to that, I’ve done my doody

Oct 8, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to And to that, I’ve done my doody ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Was an interesting read. The focus of the article was on the

Oct 8, 2019, 8:57 AM

fan base, not Swinney, about whom all comments were positive. Crump made a reasonable case for the expectations of the fans being too unreasonable to allow for the inevitable hiccups in an upward climb. Crump thought we would grant that process to a newcomer, but not to anyone currently in the program. He had a good point. He turned out to not be right because (1) there weren't many hiccups and (2) when hearing from the most vocal fans it is easy to forget that they dont speak for the majority,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crump did not write that. In fact, Crump does not possess

Oct 8, 2019, 9:34 AM

the ability to write such a thoughtful piece. If you have ever received a tmail from him, you would know that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

you know next time you may never get back on***

Oct 8, 2019, 9:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He keeps bugging me about what is my favorite

Oct 8, 2019, 9:43 AM

BBQ.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic