Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AP voter on why he dropped Clemson to 8th
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

AP voter on why he dropped Clemson to 8th

Oct 1, 2019, 10:49 AM

https://www.omaha.com/townnews/sport/sam-mckewon-s-ap-top-ballot-week/article_73b5d6d2-62b9-5dff-bb66-df33e9e41f68.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess Michigan's on field performance against Wiscy

Oct 1, 2019, 10:55 AM

was just an aberration.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AP voter on why he dropped Clemson to 8th

Oct 1, 2019, 11:10 AM

I can accept a rational argument that there is very little on field reason to separate the top 8 undefeated teams.

He thought we looked bad this weekend so he put us last in that group.

He is obviously showing that he was looking hard to find a hole in our team because he ignored that Wisconsin, who he put above us at 7, struggled mightily against an absolutely terrible Northwestern team.

I guess he is giving them credit for the Michigan game, their only big game, which who could still turn out to be a flop.

It's amazing how a late interception and an eat-the-clock drive to score with :06 left changes the perception of the way we dominated Texas A&M. A better placed throw with 5 minutes left makes the likely score against A&M 31-3 instead of 24-10. Auburn beat them by one score, but gets labelled as "controlled the game" to ignore the final score.

I hope we can get things straightened out and start to win like we should, and I hope that this guy continues to say that rankings can be changed drastically from week to week.

Oct 1, 2019, 11:17 AM

it will not matter a jot. they can rank us 25 for all I care. Come November, the CFP committee will have us 1 or 2, and that's all that matters.

Oct 1, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: AP voter on why he dropped Clemson to 8th ]

Has anyone really been saying that we didn't control the A&M game though? I haven't seen that from anyone really. I'm not saying Auburn is better, but they also have the neutral field win against Oregon, and their win over A&M was on the road. They did pretty much control that game as they led 28-10 with just over 5 minutes left in the game before A&M added some garbage points. I really didn't see anyone saying Clemson wasn't winning by enough points before the UNC game.

Oct 1, 2019, 11:42 AM

The article above mentions how Auburn beat Oregon and totally controlled the game against A&M while A&M is Clemson's best win.

I doesn't say Clemson didn't do well but it mentions it as an afterthought when basing a win versus the same team in controlling fashion to be a reason to bump Auburn.

I have also heard several, "sure Clemson beat A&M but look what Auburn did" type comments by national media which is mostly what I was referencing.

Never saying that Clemson didn't win by enough, but painting a picture that Auburn did so much more.

Oct 1, 2019, 11:46 AM

I didn't take it as him saying we didn't beat A&M by enough points, or even that we did so in a less impressive way than Auburn. I think he was saying he moved Auburn ahead of us because they also had the win over Oregon which is a quality win, and that they also have a win over the same team that is our best win so far.

I feel he threw in the part about them controlling the A&M game as a way of countering the thought that Clemson beat A&M by more points, in that he wanted to make it clear that they were never in any danger of losing that game even though the final score was one possession. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that's how I understood what he said.

Oct 1, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: AP voter on why he dropped Clemson to 8th ]

A&M kind of sucks though.

Oct 1, 2019, 12:39 PM

I am surprised by how they've been playing. It's not that they lost to Auburn, but Auburn dominated that game until the last few minutes, and that was a home game for A&M. Even after that, I expected they would destroy Arkansas. I'm not sure if A&M was that bad against them, or if Arkansas pulled a UNC and played out of their minds, but I was surprised either way. Maybe A&M came out flat against Auburn after the loss to us, and maybe they did the same against Arkansas after 2 difficult losses, but their schedule doesn't get any easier.

It's unfortunately not very likely they'll stay in the top 25 as their next game is against Bama, and they end the season with road games against Georgia and LSU. On the other hand though, if they win just one of those 3 games as well as their others(Ole Miss, Miss State, UTSA? and South Carolina) then they'd probably end the season as a top 15 team even at 8-4 due to their schedule.

Oct 1, 2019, 11:14 AM

Bring the hate. Win baby win. Underdog Tigers are fine with me the rest of the way.

Did I read it correctly that he covers

Oct 1, 2019, 11:14 AM

cornholes?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2019, 12:27 PM

The real reason he did it is that he's still pi$$ed about the 81 Orange Bowl.

Don't worry Cornhole, Scott Frost may still work out.

Why would he care about the 81 orange bowl?***

Oct 1, 2019, 12:35 PM

This "journalist" has baited you, and you took the bait!

Oct 1, 2019, 12:48 PM

His job is to get clicks, so he did something that would drive people to his article. You not only clicked on that article, but you shared it.

Journalist objective accomplished. He's now getting paid.

-MOC

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2019, 1:42 PM

What people don't understand is Clemson gets EVERYONE'S best shot. A&M wasn't talking trash about Auburn before their game because Auburn isn't Clemson. Also did I miss something or did Clemson not control the game against A&M as well as Auburn? A&M had 3 points and scored a meaningless TD against Clemson with less than 10 seconds. So that excuse doesn't fly with me. I'm not going to be too hard on him because I think Clemson has done what they have needed to do besides the UNC game. Clemson crushed GT, beat A&M from start to finish, stomped Syracuse and beat down Charlotte. Not one time do you ever hear how Dabo plays more players than anyone else and once Clemson gets a 2 or 3 TD lead the young guys are coming in. Clemson is not going to do what Oklahoma, Ohio State and LSU do because they aren't going to leave their starters in for meaningless snaps. Dabo would rather give younger guys meaningful snaps no matter what. So if you want to drop them fine but don't say it's because of the whole season thus far because it just isn't true, you drop them because of 1 game which is fine because he left himself room for if/when Clemson does turn it on. My goodness though it's like Clemson is the only team that garners this much negativity when they play poorly.

Oct 1, 2019, 1:43 PM

This is the ploy to have 4 SECheat teams in a 8 team playoff if I’ve ever seen it.

Clemson offense will be fine by the end of the season and so will this team. Easily into the final 4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic