Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Go Tigers- stuff the birds tomorrow and in response
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Go Tigers- stuff the birds tomorrow and in response

May 22, 2019, 11:36 PM

To BigOrsngez in cmoney’s post concerning our chances of getting in. To add to what Skeeta56 said- if the Tigers are playing, I’m tuning in...

Response to BigO about D Baptist:

D Baptist may be classified as a mid major but they out recruited us in 2015 and 2016. They’re classes were 17th and 19th respectfully compared to us at 24th and 34th respectfully... those are your seniors and juniors that are now playing.

Our 15 class. Jordan Greene, Brooks Crawford. 16- Spiers, Michael Green, Mat Clark, Wilkie, Marr???? - who I still can’t believe got the start Tuesday over Lindley who pitched a great game against coastal... smh

gobin, and Owen Griffith. Lastly, our star of that class was Logan. Byrd was a transfer as was sommerfeld. Only top 100 perfect game recruit was Logan.

That’s the reason Monte has been playing the young pups. Most of those recruits were 500 + or not rated. So, imho the guys we run onto the field have really out performed. That’s why it’s redic to call for Monte’s head. Helps on the way.

Different story in 17-18 class and hopefully 19.

And no, the reporter that Monte blew up was Not talking about pitching Mat... he was asking why Monte chose to not keep the weekly rotation of either askew or Lindley. The reporter should have asked specifically about those two. Monte assumed he was talking about Mat and went Dabo on the guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go Tigers- stuff the birds tomorrow and in response

May 23, 2019, 1:51 AM

Thanks for the insight - kerigantoo.... Good info !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 23, 2019, 7:56 AM

You seem to keep up with this. Why were those lower ranked classes that way. Did the draft take guys or what factored into those years

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 9:38 AM

Unfortunately, I don’t have a paid subscription and therefore can’t see who we may be recruiting now or a lean etc but that being said, these rankings show for 2016 (class rank 34) that we recruited 15. 4 got drafted but only two signed. Logan came here and Mitchell Miller left last year.... I think. But it says the ranking is based on 13 commits, one of which was a top 100- Logan.

Our 17 class was ranked 11 and 18 was ranked 16? 17 included Hall and Sam Weatherly, Teodosio Parker etc... unfortunately, it also included Strider who is top 100 and hackenburg (#1 player from Virginia) as well as the top catcher in the 17 cycle... also in these top 20 classes were donathan-catcher/infield and raffield (highly ranked pitcher) all of which were DL before the year started.

So yes, could have been a completely different year and imo would be hosting had we been able to play/pitch those guys. Bottom line, future looks extremely bright!!!!

Coots on the other hand (Kingston first real recruiting cycle) is class rank 40. The last two classes that Holbrook’s brought in were #5 and #7 respectively.... and they fired him-lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 11:59 AM

That’ll teach him - er taught him - to have those high ranked classes !! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 23, 2019, 9:05 AM

Unless you are winning and/or going to Omaha or making progress towards that Super Regional, high caliber kids will not come to Clemson when they can go SEC or to better baseball programs...performance wise. Top ranked kids will head to the draft or elsewhere unless they are "ClemsonFamily type of folks. Why do you think so many good teams came out of Miss St...have you been to Starkville? That whole state is a blackhole....

Georgia Tech is making a run this year and will grab top talent in GA as well as what Strickland is finally doing at UGA. Those kids that would have considered Clemson will stay in state, especially since ACM is gone now at Clemson.

I hope the Tigers find a way today and beyond to salvage this year and make a run of some sort and finish strong. These kids are young and were baptised by fire this season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 10:09 AM

Yeah, one of them fellas at tci was asking DRad if that ACM thing was being addressed and he gave a PC answer to the effect that they were looking into other alternatives...

In less I’m not on the same page, that was what people refer to as the Clemson baseball fund??? Or is that something else that disappeared also.

Thanks for pointing that out. Hey, we’re getting better. Just wondering if DJ Uiagalelei redshirts if they let him pitch next year.... would love to see that 95+ fastball that supposedly moves.

ACM?***

May 23, 2019, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Go Tigers- stuff the birds tomorrow and in response ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 9:38 AM

Wonderful info!

I think Michael Green is also a transfer.

May 23, 2019, 10:15 AM

Yep. Florence-Darlington tech or something like that. Thank you for pointing that out too because I was confused about it. I didn’t know if that meant he was a transfer.

May 23, 2019, 10:34 AM

Yes I believe he redshirted at College of Charleston and then transferred to Florence-Darlington Tech (JUCO baseball) for a season before coming to Clemson this season. So he should be playing as a redshirt sophomore this season.

He is from my wife's hometown and so he drew an interest from me when we saw him in the lineup early in the season.

May 23, 2019, 11:36 PM

Good info to know. He’s really coming on the more pt he gets. Can you imagine if Mat comes back next year? We ought to have an awesome lineup. With Green more seasoned, Fairey more ab’s. It’ll be tough to replace Logan at ss and his bat but imo we’ll have better total pitching talent to where we don’t need the big bats all the time. Plus Sharpe can DH too.

Emjoyed talking baseball with you and hopefully we have much more to go this year!!!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic