Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC, League of Champions?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

ACC, League of Champions?

Jun 7, 2019, 8:56 PM

In the last 6 years, ACC football teams have taken home the Football Championship 3 times. FSU won a title and Clemson won two. An SEC team, Bama, won twice. Ohio State, a Big 10 team won once.

In the last 6 years. Virginia, Duke, and UNC won the Basketball Championship. The other three titles in that six year period were 2 by Villanova and 1 by UConn.

In baseball the ACC claims 1 title, by Virginia, in the last six years. Both the PAC12 with 2 (Oregon and UCLA) and the SEC (Florida and Vandy)have 2 with Coastal Carolina also getting a title

So in the three biggest collegiate sports, the ACC has claimed 7 titles in 6 years by 5 different teams. The SEC has 4 titles by 3 different teams.

Hmmm. More titles by more teams in the last 6 years than the SEC. Odd.

You know that story on championships per conference just isn't told very often, is it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon State

Jun 7, 2019, 9:04 PM

Won baseball. Don't let your good work be sullied by the wrath of Angry Beavers! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oregon State

Jun 8, 2019, 8:06 AM

Yeah, there has been many years that the Ducks did not even field a team and State was like an MLB farm team. My buddy from Eugene (Duck fan) was talking about another friend (Dawg and possibly the year they got hot and won it) rooting the SEC (LSU) on over the Beavers during a CWS, in an Oregon bar. He took him to the side and explained that while we are Duck fans during the Civil War we are in Oregon and we don't we have a team. All these people are pulling for the home team and you are the odd man out. You need to realize where are right now." I was told that is not a good thing to do in a state full of a bunch of lumberjacks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, in the ONLY 2 revenue producing sports, the ACC has

Jun 7, 2019, 9:18 PM

six titles in the past six years, and no one else more than two!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, in the ONLY 2 revenue producing sports, the ACC has

Jun 7, 2019, 11:44 PM

Who cares revenue or not. It’s impressive. I guess you’re one of those people that vote to get rid of b-ball and baseball at Clemson. Guess you won’t support softball either.

Bandwagon fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatcha say'n: More is More?

Jun 7, 2019, 9:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the math checks out but this can't be correct.. it just

Jun 7, 2019, 11:54 PM

means more?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, but , but they beat one another up.***

Jun 8, 2019, 8:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC, League of Champions?

Jun 8, 2019, 10:55 AM

TU for the work.....appreciation to you!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what you are really saying is that...

Jun 8, 2019, 11:08 AM

...the ACC is the true Death Star? Welcome to the dark side folks. ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic