Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC CG "NEEDS 2-B Pittsburgh Panthers"! And Why!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

ACC CG "NEEDS 2-B Pittsburgh Panthers"! And Why!

Nov 11, 2018, 9:09 PM

We need to play Pitt in the ACC CG. No, not b/c of revenge from a couple seasons ago. Heck, we might owe Pitt a small thanks for that "L". It re-focused the best team in the country and they went on and beat what was supposed to be Nicky Sabans best Bamer team ever!

Pitt plays Man To Man and dares your butt to make plays down field. They played Notre Dame tough at their place and had a chance late. They beat us a couple seasons ago(yeah, yeah). They have a good reputation among voters even when they are down. Pitt has tough hard nosed players with more skill than BC in my opinion. They are solid in every way and are dangerous!
Biggest reason we need to play them is: "they will help us schematically get ready for what Bamer does"! No they aren't 5 and 4* across the board; but on the L.O.S you won't be able to tell! Them western Pennsylvania dudes play football now! They will challenge us and make us a better football team. I want our Tigers to be challenged as much as possible before we go to a playoff game.
Yes, I feel as much accolades as I gave Pitt; we should win by at least 17 pts.
BC was good; but be honest; in a bowl setting or at a neutral site that wasn't brutally cold we blow them out even with a healthy starting QB! But, they did challenge us with their DL. We need another good physical team to go against to get our OL ready. I'm not discounting any opponent when I say this; just being a realist. We could not have had success with Bama with how our OL played last night. You would think they are conditioned and ready for dominant DL play! But, maybe not. I hope we start some more drills where we challenge the OL> WE are only as good as they allow us to be. Last year; we had a QB deficicnecy i.m.o. and lack of running lanes helped in that. But, if we don't allow our QB a chance to set his feet; we won't "give ourselves a chance"!

So, starting now, until we go to the playoffs( I have confidence in my Tigers. If we play to our capability no one on the known schedule can hang with us) we need to challenge our OL to get even better! I think they have played well; but there is still another level they can reach and "will have to reach" for us to get "ALL" the way to where we want to be. Pitt's physicality and willingness to bloody an opponents nose will be a good thing for us! Especially in a championship game!

Go Tigers!
Win out and win the ACC Title!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC CG "NEEDS 2-B Pittsburgh Panthers"! And Why!

Nov 11, 2018, 9:15 PM

We've never beaten Pittsburgh . Plain and simple . We want Pitt

Beat Duke
Beat USuC
Beat The Coastal

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 11, 2018, 10:27 PM

Tigerdug23® That should have lead my post! I forgot about that! Yeah, we need to ( think brother Love from wwf fame w/red face and all) "exercise that demon" and beat Pitt on a big stage! I see some other posters wanting a softer opponent for the ACC CG; not me! I believe in the Tigers and their ability to rule the ACC with an iron fist! <- - - "okay, I got a bit over the top right there"!

I want revenge for The 1977 Gator Bowl.

Nov 11, 2018, 9:16 PM

Revenge is best served cold!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Ahhh...the old Klingon proverb

Nov 11, 2018, 9:53 PM
space.gif(58.3 K)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

That ain't no stinkin' Klingon!***

Nov 12, 2018, 9:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 9:28 PM

Duke will challenge us real good this week. They sling it all over the place and are quick. Cutcliffe is a good coach too. We should be able to live in their backfield but they will get our DB’s ready for Tua. So will Pitt.

Thought BC would have been our biggest test but imo that’s not true. Duke beat the b1g west champs northwestern and man handled a really good army team. Pitt game could have gone either way, not sure how they lost to va tech but uva is good.

Good post. Other than coots, we have a couple really good challenges. We better be ready this weekend, and better bring it against Pitt as you stated r there won’t be any playoffs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BC was the biggest test for our offense

Nov 11, 2018, 9:31 PM

Duke and Pitt will be more of a test for the defense. I still think overall BC was the bigger challenge. No chance we don't beat Duke and Pitt by less than 20 points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BC was the biggest test for our offense

Nov 11, 2018, 10:50 PM

Yeah. Sorta what I think I was trying to say but I think from a standpoint of different schemes and looks that Cutcliffe can show Trevor some different stuff. Now, does he have talent to bring it, no but that’s why I think it’ll be good looks for Trevor to learn from.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC CG "NEEDS 2-B Pittsburgh Panthers"! And Why! ]

Duke will be the biggest test for our pass defense since the NC State game. A&M and Syracuse early in the game were able to have some success throwing the ball, but since halftime of the Cuse game they have shut everyone down. I think they will do the same thing to Duke.

Duke's defense is interesting schematically and will give TL good experience seeing something different, but I think our running game dominates again unless they absolutely sell out to stop the run. Duke's run defense in 108th in yards/game and 102nd in yards/carry allowed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop being scared of Alabama.

Nov 11, 2018, 9:36 PM

They haven’t played anyone who is truly good on both sides of the ball. LSU is their best win, and although LSU has a good defense, their offense stinks.

If Alabama’s offense last night played our defense instead, they wouldn’t have scored more than 13-14 points.

See? Two can play that game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Stop being scared of Alabama.

Nov 11, 2018, 10:24 PM

Judge Keller® I am in no way shape or form "scared of Alabama"! I agree with you on their schedule. They played some hyped up, "just b/c they are sec ranked teams" and beat them. Not including LSU who I think is actually a decent team; but as you said, " no offense "! Add the fact LSU is already average on offense to the fact Bamer had two weeks to get ready for their toughest opponent.

Not scared; but after watching BC do some funky things to TL from a "pre-snap POV" I think we need Narduzzi and his defense to give us more. TL ended up having a good game; but a few times we were seconds away from disaster! There were rushers who "just missed" getting home...Bamer player would be a step faster! That sort of thing Judge Keller is what I mean! Defensively - you have to say Bamer is better than any team we have played even though their schedule hasn't been tough, right? I would and it's not close! So naturally, you kind of go, who am I most likely to meet and if I meet with only a week to prepare could I handle them? BV has a GT portion of practice every practice even before the GT game week. Not long just a couple fundamental things that can be applied to other games; but is totally unequivocally designed to get ready for GT. Proper preparation prevents p poor performance!

Nov 11, 2018, 11:04 PM

Well said. Not sure why people keep thinking just because you say bama is the best that equates into being scared of them.

Dabo himself says we’re not there yet but he wants to get us there and beyond.

yea Bama is way over rated

Nov 11, 2018, 11:24 PM

The way people talk about them you would think they won national championships in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, and 2017

This years Bama team has won ZERO National Championships.

Nov 12, 2018, 8:57 AM

But, I want the pundits to continue to call them the "best college football team of all time." Because, then when we beat them convincingly, they will have to retract all that BS and wipe egg from ye olde face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This years Bama team has won ZERO National Championships.

Nov 12, 2018, 11:00 AM

@76er

I agree 100%. The ranked opponents Bamer has played were not all that good i.m.o. they were over-rated and over-hyped b/c of the conference they play in. Bamer beats them and viola they get the label of "best ever"! Of course, they also blew out Louisville in convincing fashion to start the year. Oh wait, so has everybody else! A&M played Bamer in their house on a dry field. Mond had 196 yards passing and almost 100 yards rushing(98). The backup QB had 67 yards passing. Mond had 2 int's which I am guessing is why he got pulled.

I reference that game b/c they are the other team both teams have in common. Give TL more experience before that game and have the game at home and on a dry field we beat A & M the same way or worse.

That's their toughest game to date having only won by 22. Yeah, a win is a win; but not if you are supposedly unbeatable!

I hope they start believing that despite Nicky telling them otherwise. And, I hope TL gets every blitz Bamer likes to use thrown at him during bowl prep. Players have been known to take giant leaps in understanding of the game and the game slows down a ton for them then. Opponents are in trouble if it slows way down for TL. The OL again needs to be challenged the same way Bamer will challenge them. I thought BC was pushing us around too much and getting too close to TL for my liking. Sure that up; give TL reps against blitz packages and work on the deep ball like everyday(LOL). We can beat them over the top I have no doubt. Be interesting to see them and Oklahoma play too; I think they could beat them with the deep ball too. They have tough underneath out cutting CB not necessarily burners!
Problem they will have with TH5 and DO14 and JR8 is: those guys are freak athlete enough to still get it with their tough press coverage. I still think a healthy Mike Williams in bame/ clemson I would have resulted in a National Title for the Tigers. They simply had no CB who could have stayed with him. I like two of their CB but they don't have enough to cover all and Renfrow will burn them underneath.

Stopping all that for now and getting back to the subject. None of that happens if we don't win out. We must beat Duke-Coots-Pitt 1st. We Will!

Nov 12, 2018, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Stop being scared of Alabama. ]

With all of Bama's recent success as well as how dominant they've been this year (tied for 1st in scoring defense with us, 3rd in scoring offense) they deserve most of the credit that they've been getting. The only thing that I disagree with is when someone doesn't also give us (tied for 1st in scoring defense, 5th in scoring offense) credit as well and give us a chance to beat them.

For the most part the pundits have been acknowledging that it's Bama and Clemson and then the "ROY" bus. The only people that don't say this are people like Stephen A. Smith who clearly do not follow college football. I understand that all sports personalities don't follow college football as closely as we do, but if they are gonna talk about it on a national program then they owe their audience more than just being cheerleaders for Bama.

Many teams are indeed scared of Bama, and they fail to show up possibly due to intimidation. We have proven that this doesn't apply to us. Even last year when we got beaten badly, it was more a result of turnovers than our guys not showing up to play. Until we beat Bama in the national championship this year, I say let them get all the credit for being a historically great team. That just means that when we beat them we will instead go down as the historically great first 15-0 team in history.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:44 PM

cornstock

Exactly!

Let'em brag on Bamer! Build them up as high as possible! Clemson is the only team that has a chance to beat them, period! I think we will show up and play our best game and beat them.

Yes, we have to take it one game at a time. But, speculation from a fan never caused a football team that what focused to lose! If this team puts it all together for 4 qtrs. IDC how good Bamer is even if they put it together for 4 qtrs; I think we win. The last few opponents have not been that complimentary. They both have glaring deficiencies on either side of the football; yet they made games of it. A&M was Bamas closest game and a play like they had against us here and there and they are in that one late(A & M). But, no rain or no home field so that didn't happen. No doubt in my mind if we handle business and get to bowl prep we will have a plan for our opponents including a Tua and Bama segment. Even if they aren't the 1st round game. I think our back up DB's need to get as many reps as possible the next 3 weeks too. Bama has a bunch of WR's they can roll in there. Not scared of but two of them. I think AJ and Trayvon can stick with those guys pretty well.

Practice and intensity level for them needs to start with Duke. Work on the stuff "we can't get away with" versus a Duke, SCar and Pitt" now to avoid doing it later when you can't afford it!

Duke Game Time?

Nov 12, 2018, 12:00 PM

What time do we start getting after the Blue Heathens?

Nov 12, 2018, 7:04 PM

Another good post and replies.
PrepareAchieveWin
Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic