Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A&M Spring Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,814

A&M Spring Game

Apr 13, 2019, 9:53 AM

Watching the replay from last night and they look pretty pedestrian thus far.

Mond with a bad pick his first throw, 80% of the offense seems to be rollouts and swing passes to the RB. Unsurprisingly when Mond isn’t scrambling for his life making circus plays with bailouts from his giant WR and a little divine intervention, he doesn’t appear to be a world beater of any kind. Decent WR’s in 14 and 2 but it’s all crossers so a very simple route tree.

Not much push in the run game on a very inexperienced DL and nobody close to the skill level of Williams at RB.

Happy to hear anyone else’s thoughts watching it while I’m waiting out this downpour to work in the yard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A&M Spring Game

Apr 13, 2019, 10:32 AM

Love to eyeball it - they should be our roughest regular-season opponent, likely by quite a bit - but it was on the SEC Network and I don't have that. Have to wait until it pops on Youtube.

Distinctly curious also to see what Georgia Tech looks like now that they've gone away from the option. My supposition is that they're an under-talented 2-3-win team that's likely in full rebuild mode because PJ wasn't just recruiting for the option, he was a dreadful recruiter anyhow, but I'd really like to lay eyes on them and get a sense of what the new Bees are trying to be. Right now I have zero clue. Their Spring Game, oddly, is at the end of April.

Apr 13, 2019, 10:39 AM

The first year out of the triple is normally pretty dismal. They’re probably a couple years away from being competitive with most of the league but seem to be trending in the right direction. That RB Griffin they pulled from NC State is a good player and should play right away but doubt they have much to block for him.

Venables will have a game plan for them***

Apr 13, 2019, 12:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will not have the benefit of us putting a true freshman QB

Apr 13, 2019, 12:34 PM

in front of their home crowd this year. They will have a lot of talent and Jimbo knows us well but in the end I expect us to win pretty handily.

Let’s see if a Trevor Lawrence led offense can avoid the sluggish early season starts that have plagued us the last few years. I think the offense can and will do just that. We seem to have a killer instinct with him at QB that went missing at times with our offense over the last few years when we failed to put teams away. Thoughts?

I can’t wait to see this team take the field. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2019, 12:42 PM

I like their use of the TEs - they're dangerous.

Apr 13, 2019, 12:44 PM

Jimbo knows how to employ the wheel route against our D too. I don’t think it will be enough though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their Excellent Tight End from Last Year is

Apr 13, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: A&M Spring Game ]

GONE!

Texas A&M junior tight end Jace Sternberger wasted no time announcing a decision on his football future.

Sternberger on Tuesday declared for the NFL Draft following a lone, All-American season with the Aggies.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 13, 2019, 1:06 PM

Hopefully they had some recruits that were less than thrilled. Only a few thousand fans and it rolled past midnight. Not a good time to showcase your atmosphere!!!

They actually had less than the coots... which is hard to do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,814
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic