Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A little fact about Charter I learned today...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

A little fact about Charter I learned today...

Aug 25, 2019, 6:13 PM

they SUX! Just to speed up,the process, and not have to hassle with them, I bit the bullet and upgraded to Silver. I still,do not have the ACC Network and called them today. Here was their response: “We see you have upgraded to Silver and assure you you will have the ACC Network no later than September 6.” I will not tell you what my reply was because you might have children reading this.

Is the ACC office aware of Charter’s poor performance ( not that they care)?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A little fact about Charter I learned today...

Aug 25, 2019, 6:43 PM

Are you in an ACC state?

Aug 25, 2019, 6:43 PM

Do any of the providers care? ESPN can’t bother to get their app tested before launch. Directv had months and months to update their website, and inform their employees about the new network and what packages it would be included yet come launch day you can find nothing about the channel on the website and 1st and 2nd level service reps were clueless.

Yep the launch went off without a hitch, NOT!

Aug 25, 2019, 7:35 PM

How can the ACC fix Charter? ...just asking

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2019, 9:57 PM

Yall they don't give rats you know what about their customers ESPN nor Cable/dish providers they did not have months but years to figure this type of stuff out. The ACC network has been in the works since the last tv deal was done and this is the best Jerk of an ACC commissioner can do. He has a huge chunk of his population not able to watch the ACC network and the ones that do either have to upgrade and pay more or are now having to wait on the ACC network and cable providers to fix the bugs in their system this why you should always work out your bugs/ problems way before the biggest time of the year for college sports TV. This is also reason to always boo this Jerk of a commissioner. on top of other things like it is not our job as fans to promote the ACC network to our cable provider so we will be able to get it that is the job of the ACC, not its fans. We fans will not see any compensation for getting the ACC network if anything our local institution and will raise the price on all sporting event tickets citing either rise in cost or demand they have you either way and your cable bill will also rise even more. GO TIGERS BEAT TECH

I had silver, upgraded to gold

Aug 25, 2019, 8:46 PM

And still couldn’t get it. Then they told me I didn’t need the upgrade, reversed it. Reset everything and sent signals and still not working.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2019, 11:02 PM

We called a couple of times Thursday and three times today (if you count only the times we got past the "high volume of calls" message.

The first two reps said our modem/router wasn't powerful enough to handle ACCN (though it's been fine for SEC). We talked to a couple of guys at Best Buy who explained why that didn't even make sense; that they would be happy to sell us a modem if we needed one, but that wasn't what we needed.

The last time we called charter, the guy said our account is still Charter, but they added ACCN in Spectrum. He converted our account, and we are supposed to exchange our Charter-owned modem for a Spectrum-owned one. We'll see...

Thumbs up to Best Buy for honest sales staff, and thumbs down to Charter/Spectrum for failure to communicate.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic