Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Bama only falls to 4, that means we fell further winning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

If Bama only falls to 4, that means we fell further winning

Nov 10, 2019, 4:36 PM

Then they did losing. Let that sink in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A good loss is better than a bad win".

Nov 10, 2019, 4:45 PM

Or some such nonsense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No it means we moved up from 5 to 3.***

Nov 10, 2019, 4:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The kool-aid drinking media just making its case to try to

Nov 10, 2019, 4:48 PM

get 3 SEC teams in CFB playoff. Bring ‘me all on. . .we ain’t skerred!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The kool-aid drinking media just making its case to try to

Nov 10, 2019, 5:06 PM

If they move 3 secsuc teams in then we will be pushed
out. # one-loss teams and OSU.I think that would put
a bad message out and attendance and tv audience would
drop off.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's hypothetical, of course, Neighbor, but I

Nov 10, 2019, 5:50 PM

agree: in your worst case scenario that would mean the quick death of the CFP, as it now is constructed.

Other P5 teams across the nation wouldn't tolerate it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The kool-aid drinking media just making its case to try to

Nov 10, 2019, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: The kool-aid drinking media just making its case to try to ]

there is NO WAY 3 SEC teams get in if CLEM and OSU are undefeated. No way, no how

Nobody care about the irrelevant Coaches Poll

Nov 10, 2019, 5:08 PM

Fyi. The actual Poll comes out on Monday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Nobody care about the irrelevant Coaches Poll

Nov 10, 2019, 8:18 PM

The selection committee proved last week they are not any better.......corrupt to the core......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Re: If Bama only falls to 4, that means we fell further winning

Nov 10, 2019, 6:01 PM

they are not falling one spot. They may well be fifth, but I cannot see the CFP committee logjamming it like that. Better to leave them just outside with the thought that they can always come back in if someone else falls, then have to come up with some lame excuse later to explain why they are getting knocked down to make room for someone more worthy.

Very sad, and also probably very true.

Nov 10, 2019, 7:56 PM

Must have two SEC teams in the top 4, or all ships will sail off the edge of the world and fall off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2017 only happened b/c Wisconsin lost to 2 loss OSU

Nov 10, 2019, 8:34 PM

Ya'll stop please!

When Bama got in it was b/c the Big 10 champion who was looking like an undefeated Wisconsin - ended up being a two loss Ohio State.

So - yes - the next best team beat out a conference champion. The Pac 12 I think had a champion that had a bad loss or two. Remember we got in and was number 1 seed with a ACC loss. So everyone had losses. When that happens you open the door for interpretation. And the eye test.

If Ohio State and Clemson are undefeated - forget about it 3 SEC teams will never happen. In fact, I don't think you will get two in. Why? Because Oregon lost at a neutral site to a SEC opponent in a game in which they controlled all but 19 seconds. Bama was outplayed and got some late td's to make it look good "at home"! And Georgia lost at home to an unranked - likely non-bowl eligible team!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 10:38 PM

Now that Bama lost to LSU, it has opened up the door for the CFP to have 4 conference champs which is ultimately what the committee & TV people want anyway.

If LSU, OSU, and Clemson all win out, that's seeds #1-3 (but maybe not in that order).

If Oregon wins out, they'll be seed #4.

Clemson then has the privilege of beating both Ohio State and the SEC champ in route to the National Championship--just like we did in 2016.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 10:48 PM

LSU has earned their #1 spot after beating 4 top ten teams. Bama has not played anybody but LSU and should have lost by 20 plus points. LSU keep shooting them selves in the foot after getting up by 20 or more points. IMO I don’t think Bama deserves to be ranked #4.

Also, I believe the last 2 seasons Nick Saban’s weaknesses as a HC has been exposed. Saban rules by fear. Dabo coaches by mutual respect.

Nov 10, 2019, 11:02 PM

Current CFP format is on borrowed time....

....this format will blow up, it's only a matter of time and it will expand to 8 teams. This whole pushing 2-3 SEC teams to get in will expedite the implosion.

In my opinion, I want to see all P5 conference champions get in. I don't care about the stupid mandate to eye test the four best teams into the playoffs. I don't care how many losses a team has if they are crowned their conference championship, then that's it there in.

Nov 11, 2019, 8:05 AM

When a SEC team loses there is always a reason that the voters can think up to protect them from falling out of grace and out of the polls...When Georgia lost to USuc it was only because they were worried about the upcoming game with UF...when Alabama loses its because of a crippled Quarterback and a defense full of holes...but oh #### LSUck only beat them by a few...but LSU is great cause Bama is great..a self fullfilling conundrum...It's never poor defense like the big 12...it's great offense like the SEC! They will never love Clemson! Dabo professes his faith on national TV...do you not understand how that vexes a liberal...every major network is liberal...left of Karl Marx...Groucho and Harpo as well!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic