Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My main complaint with Brownell is his overall demeanor.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

My main complaint with Brownell is his overall demeanor.

Mar 13, 2019, 3:47 PM

He's a "glass half empty" and "woe is me" kind of guy. You can call him a "realist", which is fair, but sometimes you need a guy who is confident when there's really no reason to be confident and positive when there's no reason to be positive.

That's not Brad Brownell. He looks like a nervous wreck towards the end of games and I think the team takes on that personality.

I'd make a change. Worst case scenario, we miss the NCAA Tournament every year over the next 8 years instead of making it 1 time in 8 years. There's very minimal risk in firing Brownell.

With a senior laden team, we should be much better at situational awareness at the end of games. Our guys don't have a clue. That's coaching. Even if our guys are dumb as rocks, they should be better prepared.

Again, I'm not saying we could do much better than Brownell, but we can't do much worse. Instead of barely missing the tourney, maybe we will REALLY miss the tourney. Same difference in my mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few years ago there was a picture going around of Brownell eating lunch

Mar 13, 2019, 3:53 PM

with his parents in the cafeteria. Brownell looked mopey and staring at the floor, like some teen forced to out to dinner. That's when I really started to have my doubts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's just kinda mopey. He reminds me of me.

Mar 13, 2019, 4:04 PM

And I'd be a terrible coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic