Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few analogies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 912

A few analogies

Sep 8, 2014, 6:45 PM

Let's say you work for a large company as the CEO. Worker A has worked for you for 20 years and has done a solid but not amazing job. Worker B is new to the company but has many great ideas and shows great potential. Who should be promoted to be the new manager?
(If you answered Worker B then you are correct)
Next, you are back in high school. The school election is coming up and you have to decide between Student A, who is new but he is popular, smart, and a good leader or Student B who has gone to school with you since kindergarten but he is an okay leader and not the brightest of the bunch. Who would you vote for?
(If you would vote for student A you are correct)
In your town or city, you have to decide where to eat for dinner. Restaurant A has been around for many years and serves above average soul food. Restaurant B is a new restaurant that you've heard from a few people is amazing, and they serve soul food and gourmet burgers. Which restaurant do you choose?
(If you picked restaurant B you are correct)

If you got all of the answers right, then you picked Deshaun Watson as your QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few analogies

Sep 8, 2014, 8:24 PM

So when did Clemson football become a democracy?
1)When you posted this analogy.
2)At the half of the CU/UGA game.
3) Back in the spring when Chad Kelly was dismissed from the team leaving only Cole and Deshaun to compete for the starting job.
If you chose any of these you would be wrong because the decision to start Cole,or Deshaun is not up for a vote.

Sep 8, 2014, 8:51 PM

If you are a CEO, close down your company, 'cause all of your workers are going to be pi$$ed at you, egg your freaking house, go on strike, or just quit on you. Anyway - you are so out of business that it's painful to watch. I hope you had a Golden Parachute in place before making that last choice.

Sep 8, 2014, 9:06 PM

Your analogies are flawed but only bc it is so difficult for these kids to transfer (lose playing time et )

Sep 8, 2014, 9:07 PM

1) A - you did not say what job was for the promotion. Im a risk averse CEO with shareholders who are happy because my shares are at a near all time high time. I'm going to stick with my long time employee but I will continue to groom the hotshot and give him more and more responsibility over time.

2) B - I want someone who is bright

3) A - I like soul food. Any place that serves 'real' oul food wouldn't serve the latest hipster trend of gormet burgers. If I want bison or grass fed burgers raised by a co-op in Montanta then I'll go to a a place that specializes in said cuisine.

I failed I guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2014, 9:10 PM

Oops. #2/should be A as well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, lets say your a fb coach and your OL doesn't pass block

Sep 8, 2014, 9:10 PM

very well, your offense depends on mobility at qb, and one qb is quicker and faster than the other. Which one do you go with?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or, lets say your a fb coach and your OL doesn't pass block

Sep 8, 2014, 9:16 PM

Now that is a more difficult question to answer.

Sep 8, 2014, 9:37 PM

How about this one:
You're commanding a battle (i.e. if you lose you are captured at best), and during the skirmishes you notice a greenhorn that is is a heck of a soldier. At the height of the battle you have to stop a perimeter breach or you will lose the battle.

You choose:
A) the gritty sergeant that you have seen is highly capable and has proven himself in smaller battles,or,

B) the greenhorn because you hope he is a better soldier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 912
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic